Hello every one , I am looking at getting a new blackberry 10 device after a long 4 year break .

My primary device a sony xperia z1 is in for repairs at the service center , so had to dust off one old blackberry ( curve 9630 ) from my brothers drawers and voila all the old memories of using a bb all these years back came alive . Went to a store and quite liked the new bb10 OS and even the virtual keyboard .

Now the dilemma is that which device to get the newly launched z3 or the q5 . Even if this will be a secondary device to me we have been spoiled by all the options available with in the android world in this price bracket . Is a blackberry these days really worth getting and how is the virtual keyboard for extended periods of time compared to the q5 keyboard . I am reaching out to you guys to help me out looking at the real productive side of blackberry 10 .

Yes I have seen all the reviews and opinions of these devices on youtube and have a general working idea but I haven't seen anything extraordinary to it other than a hub , a really fluid UI and an improved keyboard from what android could offer , but the productivity and other features can be easily replicated on android . Help me see what I might have missed out
    07-31-14 06:05 PM
    I think that I would get a Z3 over the Q5. The larger screen is the reason.

I have the Z10, which I think is similar enough to Z3. Now, using the Android apps, we have the great BlackBerry OS, and enough apps. Some great native apps too.
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-31-14 06:57 PM
    Before BB10 I had sworn I would never get a phone without a hardware keyboard. Now I wouldn't get one without BB10's virtual keyboard. It's awesome. Swiping back across keyboard to delete words or reverse autocorrect is pure genius.

I believe you're in India. Are the Z10 or Z30 still on sale there, and if so how much more expensive are they than a Z3?
    The Z30 is particularly amazing. Z10 is good too, but its battery really doesn't last if that's a concern for you.
    The Z3 and Q5 both come with only 8GB of device storage. You can put in a media card to hold all photos, music, movies, docs, etc, but any apps & games need to fit in that 8GB along with the OS. Z10 & Z30 have 16GB, more RAM, and better processors.

To answer your question directly, I'd get a Z3 over the Q5 probably.
    07-31-14 07:15 PM
    " a hub , a really fluid UI and an improved keyboard from what android could offer."

If you care about those things, then yes it's worth it. If you don't really place much priority over the main way to interact with your device (keyboard and UI), and an efficient deeply integrated communication and sharing "engine" (because the hub is not really just "an app")... then stay where the apps are plentiful.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:22 PM