Hey, we currently have a few Alltel stores soon to be Verizon. My plan will be up in Oct. 09 and im HOPING we will be Verizon by then.

Anyway, i plan to get a Blackberry when my plan is up and ive been WANTING a Curve 8900, but verizon has yet to offer it, and ive HEARD that they will not. I was then reading n here about a Niagra 9630 phone coming out in first half of 2010, however i will already have a phone by then.

So im now trying to decide which BB phone is the best one out there. I know very little about all of them however, im thinking id want a keyboard vs. a touchscreen, but again im unsure. Im wanting a very good camera and basically top of the line stuff.

That being said, which BB phone would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
    08-22-09 06:22 PM
    I would get the tour since you want the most up to date stuff or you can wait for the storm 2 which seems to be getting good reviews.
    08-22-09 06:36 PM
    ok....where can i go here to kind of compare the 2?
    08-22-09 06:42 PM
    im on the website.....but they dont have ANY info on the Storm 2
    08-22-09 06:50 PM
    Do they offer the Bold? It is the 500 lb gorilla of crackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 07:27 PM
    The storm 2 prob wont be out till november and there are forums on each of em.
    08-22-09 07:34 PM
    ok is the storm 2 a touchscreen? it appears to be but im not 100% sure. If it is im leaning towards a qwerty keyboard not touchscreen
    08-22-09 08:08 PM
    ok is the storm 2 a touchscreen? it appears to be but im not 100% sure. If it is im leaning towards a qwerty keyboard not touchscreen
    Storm 2 is a touchscreen.

If that's not your thing, then your choice would definitely have to be the Tour as it is the latest and "greatest" technology out as far as VZW BlackBerry devices go.

Hopefully you won't get bothered with the trackball problems as many of other forum members had. The screen ripple and battery door issues are quite minor, so don't listen to those complaints as they can easily be avoided (unless the screen ripples every time you do something, then that is a problem).

Good luck!
    08-22-09 08:13 PM
    i know about the trackball getting stuck or something but ive not heard anything about screen ripple or battery door issues
    08-22-09 08:27 PM
    If you want a qwerty then you need to get the Tour. It has had its fair share of growing pains but you don't want to go with the old tech of the Curve.
    08-22-09 08:42 PM
    old tech haha ok, im hoping by Oct. that the Tours out will ALL have the resolved issues!
    08-22-09 09:10 PM
    If you need to e-mail constantly, the Tour is probably your best bet. Although I highly support the Storm and it would be to your advantage to go and have a look at it. In terms of waiting for a phone, whichever phone it may be, as some people have suggested here, it is a terrible idea. RIM could never master properly releasing a phone and you're likely to be frustrated with whatever just-released phone you get for the first while due to phone issues and software issues. Although I seem to have good luck with just-released phones (my old 8900 and my new 9630), that may be because I'm in Canada and their releases are a bit more decent here (maybe due to patriotism of some sort). The U.S. was never as lucky and people usually go through 2-5 phones of a new release before finding one that works decent.
    08-22-09 09:15 PM
    i know about the trackball getting stuck or something but ive not heard anything about screen ripple or battery door issues
    Screen ripple: Self-explanatory. Often caused by pushing buttons near the screen a little too hard, causing said ripple. Also caused by people touching the screen thinking it's a touch-screen device.

Battery door: Some Tours have a (very minor) issue where the battery door isn't quite snug and thus it jiggles a little bit. Easily solved by sticking a small piece of electrical tape inside the battery cover to create a tighter fit. Alternatively, attach the tape to the battery as a tab for easier battery pulls.
    08-22-09 09:27 PM
    well lets hope i dont need to be pulling the battery for anything, my current LG VX8600 hasnt had the battery cover off or battery out once in 22 months!
    08-23-09 12:07 AM
    anyone else?
    08-24-09 10:10 PM
    rather be strokin' than getting rammed

(cummins joke)

i got a powerstroke hehe
    08-24-09 10:47 PM
    well lets hope i don't need to be pulling the battery for anything, my current LG VX8600 hasn't had the battery cover off or battery out once in 22 months!
    Ohh you will be doing battery pulls on the BB. It is a way of re booting the device. The Tour is your best bet.

08-24-09 11:36 PM
    Tour for sure....the battery door issue is stupid....it is a little lose but the fix is so easy. I put a peice of tape in there and have no problem with it now. The screen ripple is a bit of a pain in the buns but as long as you use a case and don't touch the screen you should be fine. I mean it is an LCD screen!

08-25-09 10:55 AM
    so is the Tour still my best bet?
    10-12-09 11:08 PM
    Its really just up to you and what youre going to be using it for. I went with the tour which will be here tomorrow.
    10-12-09 11:34 PM
    I would go with The Tour its one of the best blackberrys out to me. The Storm 2 imo is exactly what the tour is except just a touch screen, which by the way is a nice phone. But go Tour man you won't be disappointed trust me

10-13-09 10:44 AM
    ok cool thats what i wanted to hear
    10-13-09 04:50 PM
    If you want/need wifi, wait for the Storm 2 or the next gen Tour, which may not be out for a while. Both will have wifi, which the Tour and current Storm do not.
    10-13-09 05:13 PM
    why would i want wi-fi itll come with internet anyway...unless theres something special about wi-fi i dont know about?
    10-15-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD