I'm not a tech guy and I've been using the same Android HTC Desire Z for the last few years. I like the Desire mostly because of the great keyboard. I don't use my phone for games. I do like some apps like mlb at bat. So, I've been doing some research for the past few months and I finally figured the Q10 was right for me. I went into the Bell store today to upgrade to my new Q10 and the associate there tried to disuade me from getting a BlackBerry imparticular the Q10. I went to another store to get a second opinion and got the same result. The reasons they stated were; no apps and lots of returns based on the phone not turning on. So I guess what I'm wondering is if the sales agents at Bell are disuading people from buying Blackberry, that might be a reason it's not doing well. And on a personal note, I'm wondering is Bell right? Or should I take a chance on the BlackBerry Q10. I wrote this on my Playbook and I love this thing.
    07-12-13 11:12 PM
    Kinda hard to turn on a phone, if it stays in the box and never leaves the store. Just sayin'
    07-12-13 11:18 PM
    Welcome to the Forums. I have to say that nobody can tell you what phone is for you. You'll have to go in and try one out to know for sure. I can say that I love both my Z10 and Q10 despite what others say about them.
    07-12-13 11:18 PM
    These Bell branches usually have a demo device you can play around with and get a feeling of the OS. See for yourself.

Posted with my Z10
    07-12-13 11:29 PM
    We are a Z10 and Q10 family. It depends on what you need or want for apps. Check out BlackBerry World. As for the phone not turning on, that is plain rubbish. My daughter has had her Q10 for about a month and has had absolutely no problems with it. These phones are amazing communication devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:09 AM
    You will love the Z10 and the Q10 period.

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-13-13 12:44 AM
    I'm not a tech guy and I've been using the same Android HTC Desire Z for the last few years. I like the Desire mostly because of the great keyboard. I don't use my phone for games. I do like some apps like mlb at bat. So, I've been doing some research for the past few months and I finally figured the Q10 was right for me. I went into the Bell store today to upgrade to my new Q10 and the associate there tried to disuade me from getting a BlackBerry imparticular the Q10. I went to another store to get a second opinion and got the same result. The reasons they stated were; no apps and lots of returns based on the phone not turning on. So I guess what I'm wondering is if the sales agents at Bell are disuading people from buying Blackberry, that might be a reason it's not doing well. And on a personal note, I'm wondering is Bell right? Or should I take a chance on the BlackBerry Q10. I wrote this on my Playbook and I love this thing.
    It is true that the Q10 lacks apps...but you've pretty much said that's a nonissue.

As far as returning the phone because it's not turning on? *laughs* Definitely haven't heard that problem floating around...

Are the sales agents "right" in dissuading people from one device to another? I mean, they are only justified in doing so if you have told them your needs and they can point you to something that is a better fit. If that's not the case, then nope.

If you love your PlayBook, I'm sure you'd like a Q10 (or even a Z10).

At the end of the day, it's your money. And you're the one who has to live with your choice. Possible to give the device a try and return it if it doesn't suit you? You'd at least be able to give the sales agent a substantive reason for the return that they can use on the next person who strolls in inquiring about a BB10 device...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 04:02 AM
    It is true that the Q10 lacks apps...but you've pretty much said that's a nonissue.

As far as returning the phone because it's not turning on? *laughs* Definitely haven't heard that problem floating around...

Are the sales agents "right" in dissuading people from one device to another? I mean, they are only justified in doing so if you have told them your needs and they can point you to something that is a better fit. If that's not the case, then nope.

If you love your PlayBook, I'm sure you'd like a Q10 (or even a Z10).

At the end of the day, it's your money. And you're the one who has to live with your choice. Possible to give the device a try and return it if it doesn't suit you? You'd at least be able to give the sales agent a substantive reason for the return that they can use on the next person who strolls in inquiring about a BB10 device...

Posted via CB10
    There have been reports of BB10 devices bricking, just like the 9900 a while ago. Not good.

In my opinion the PlayBook UI is far superior to the BB10 UI, sure it lacks integration but from an UI standpoint the PlayBook has some big advantages, like the swipe from the corner to access settings, brightness, bluetooth, wifi, screen orientation lock from within any app and without interrupting the app. I can't even begin to imagine why they've changed that.
    07-13-13 05:41 AM
    Don't listen to no sales person and get the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:00 AM
    To OP, think on your own when it comes to the sales reps. If they won't let you touch the phone to decide for yourself, you must ask yourself what their motives are. We have 2 personal Z10's and 1 work Z10. I have 2, wife loves her Z10. Q10 just adds a keyboard. Go get it.

Posted via my Z10 on busted AT&T
    07-13-13 06:31 AM
    Blackberry Reps need to be heavily involved with their products at all carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    blusls likes this.
    07-13-13 06:41 AM
    Crying here for BlackBerry to up their game. I am tired of defending the company. Better commercials, celebrity endorsements needed. Iphone, Samsung flood the airwaves.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-13-13 06:44 AM
    There have been reports of BB10 devices bricking, just like the 9900 a while ago. Not good.

In my opinion the PlayBook UI is far superior to the BB10 UI, sure it lacks integration but from an UI standpoint the PlayBook has some big advantages, like the swipe from the corner to access settings, brightness, bluetooth, wifi, screen orientation lock from within any app and without interrupting the app. I can't even begin to imagine why they've changed that.
    Ahhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. But in that case, would a device swap not be in order? Are entire inventories plagued with the problem? Get any other device that malfunctions, just swap it out right?

You're definitely right regarding the PlayBook. However, I don't think its that "inferior" as to break the cause for a BB10 device. As I said, if the OP loves the PB, they will like a Q10/Z10. May not love it as much as QNX on the PB, but likeable nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:10 AM