I must have something set wrong, because I cant browse while on my Wifi. I have my browser set as hotspot. I try to get on and get the "You dont have Data" message. Shouldnt I be able to get past this while on UMA? What other settings do I need to adjust? Thanks in advance for your help.
    06-24-09 10:21 PM
    The only thing I can think of is making sure you are "wifi only" or "wifi preferred" in the browser section of advanced settings.

You aren't using the T-Mobile browser? You need to use the regular one or Opera, etc.
    06-24-09 10:25 PM
    I must have something set wrong, because I cant browse while on my Wifi. I have my browser set as hotspot. I try to get on and get the "You dont have Data" message. Shouldnt I be able to get past this while on UMA? What other settings do I need to adjust? Thanks in advance for your help.
    UMA is just for making calls over WIFI. You need to have the browser set to hotspot browser and set data to on in mobile network properties. If you still have problems try installing bolt browser or opera browser.
    06-24-09 10:57 PM
    Ok, I must still have something set wrong. My Im set at Hotspot, and WiFi Preferred. When I try to search via the browser, for example, I get the upsell message from TMO. Also, my wifi is lit up white while not on the browser, ie calls, etc, but when I try to use the browser, it does dark. Im getting to the point of frustration. Is there some setting I missed?
    06-25-09 10:59 AM
    I have read on a few forums that T-Mobile is limiting what you have access to without a data plan. You may want to call them and inquire about the free BB enabler or whatever its called. One way around that is to use a 3rd party browser.
    06-25-09 11:07 AM
    How do I get opera, when on it's website, it dosent have a version for the 8220?
    06-25-09 11:32 AM
    I also have the BB enabler. Do I need to change my tcp to wap.voicestream.com?
    06-25-09 11:41 AM
    How do I get opera, when on it's website, it dosent have a version for the 8220?
    It works with the 8220, thats what i have and no problems. You could also try bolt browser.
    As for the BB enabler, the BB browser may not work with that any more. You will need to ask tmobile about that.
    06-25-09 11:48 AM
    Ok, I understand it works, but how did you get it on your flip? When I go to Opera's website, there is not a supported version for the 8220? What version did you use?
    06-25-09 11:52 AM
    Its been 8 months, but I think there was a link for other model or generic.
    06-25-09 11:58 AM
    I am having troubles installing Opera too. I downloaded it to my mac, and when I try to open it, I get the message "There is no default application specified to open the document"operette-hifi-en-us-nojsr75", error message. Now what do I do? How do i even install it on my BB? Help me....
    06-27-09 01:57 PM
    I am having troubles installing Opera too. I downloaded it to my mac, and when I try to open it, I get the message "There is no default application specified to open the document"operette-hifi-en-us-nojsr75", error message. Now what do I do? How do i even install it on my BB? Help me....
    You can't open the downloaded file and have it self install, you will need to use a program for that. I use a PC so I use the desktop manager app that came on the CD with the phone. There must be a MAC equivalent out there somewhere. You could try to do a search with google. Another option would be to run DM in a VM app on the MAC.
    06-27-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD