1. njguy7676's Avatar
    Here is my situation.

    My wife has a Blackberry 8830 on Sprint. Her contract is up on 12/24. I want to get her a new Storm for Christmas (if I can find one) and was wondering if I bought one now, would I have to activate it?

    Obviously her plan would be through Verizon and I would want her number to come over too.

    I wouldn't want it activated until after 12/24. Or do I have to wait until like a week before Christmas, buy it, and then be able to activate it later.
    11-21-08 02:55 PM
  2. cereal killer's Avatar
    I would reccomend you peruse the threads over in the Storm section before buying one for her. You may want to wait or just get her a totally different berry. The launch has been a huge fiasco. A lot of problems.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 03:28 PM
  3. jjgoo's Avatar
    yes I would wait a few weeks and let the storm settle down.
    11-21-08 03:31 PM
  4. Navan's Avatar
    If you still decide to go Storm- I'd go in and explain to the Rep what you want to do- they SHOULD let you take the storm on the promo pricing and then just set it so the account gets activated on the 24th. OR You could get a picture of a storm and give it to her in a card (misleading packaging!)/make her a coupon that says it's good for one blackberry (preferably a storm) and then go with her and allow her to pick out which one she wants.

    My fiance has done this to me every year since we started dating- he'd fold up a coupon for whatever he wanted to get me and put it in a ring box (you can usually get one for free from Sears) and wrap that up for me...wonder what he'll do now that he can't mislead me with an engagement ring...
    11-21-08 04:00 PM