First I downloaded the app for my phone and it worked perfectly.

The Facebook email notifications never sent to my email on my Phone, only on my laptop which was irritating getting on my laptop and finding that my inbox was chock-a-block with Facebook emails.
    I then decided not long after, that since I got updates on my phone(from the App) all the time that I didn't want Facebook email notifications sent to my Hotmail, so I unchecked all of my email notifications.

Since then I have not gotten any notifications from my App on my phone.

Last night I was playing around with it and re-checked all of my email notifications and my App worked again. I was again irritated that bunches of emails were being sent to my Hotmail so I change my email preferences on Facebook so that all my emails were sent to my Gmail account(which I don't use anymore so it doesn't bother me) since I set it to send the emails to my Gmail my App notifications haven't been working again.

Is this seriously a viscous cycle where if I want to use this app I have to put up with coming home to an inbox full of Facebook emails?
    08-16-10 06:14 PM
    There's an option in the Facebook app that should be unchecked. "Leave messages on server" or something. Once you view the notification it will delete from the email account.

One other thing is that whatever email account you've set up for your notifications must be setup on your phone. That's how the app works. You get an email from Facebook and your phone turns it into a notification.
    08-16-10 06:27 PM
    Okay I'll try that and get back to you, thanks.
    08-16-10 06:28 PM
    Okay it works... just kind of slow right now.
    Thank you
    08-16-10 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD