Hey everyone:
    New to the site and it looks interesting. I bought a Blackberry Curve 9310 yesterday. I went from an IDEN Phone. My carrier is Boost. I am so behind in this technology. I have researched everywhere I could find, but I have a few questions, which probably sound really dumb, but here goes. I have Comcast as my home internet provider. Do I have to get a data plan in addition. I asked because I was trying to set up my email. The instructions said to go into settings and pick your email account, but unfortunately there was nothing in there named Email account. I have read what great battery life this has, but honestly I charged my phone all last night, and I am almost out of battery and of course I have done really nothing with the phone...so not sure if I got a bad battery. Anyway, back to my data plan..if I do need one, where do I go to get one? Thanks so much....Barb
    01-30-13 07:18 PM
    You will need a BIS plan for email to work. Not sure how boost handles their data but one would assume you would call or go into their store to add that feature. It will carry an additional monthly charge.

The prettiest women carry the darkest secrets
    01-30-13 07:24 PM
    Hello,
    First of all you will need a BIS plan from your carrier.
    they usually sell the phone with one if you're on contract. or offer it as a bundle if you're payg.
    The BIS services, or blackberry services as its more commonly known, will allow emails to be pushed to you.
    You will not need an existing data plan from your home internet provider.
    Sometimes it takes a few charges for the battery to operate at optimum levels, give it a week and if it doesnt improve, take it back. But keep in mind, at best you will get a day to maybe a day and a half life from the battery. Thats with wifi off and screen brightness down.
    i chipped in with what i know, hopefully others can come in and elaborate
    01-30-13 07:25 PM
    On boost when you activate the phone you choose one of three plans. The monthly unlimited which starts at 60 a month which is unlimited everything with BIS. The daily unlimited which is also unlimited everything with BIS, or The BBM unlimited which gives you unlimited BBM, talk, text and email but for data you would have to use wi-fi. It sounds like when you changed your handset from the iden to blackberry you didn't choose your new plan.

As for email..go to the icon that looks like a blackberry phone with the blackberry symbol and a small gear...it says setup when you highlight it. From there you will see different icons the first of which should say email accounts. That's where you set up email.

Battery life is excellent on the 9310. It has a device analyzer in settings that when activated over time will tell you what is consuming the battery.

Hope this has helped.
    raino likes this.
    01-30-13 08:33 PM
    If boost is that cheap..I may switch my carrier

01-30-13 09:57 PM

Is it a new Curve 9310? Is it branded for Boost?
    01-30-13 11:36 PM
    If boost is that cheap..I may switch my carrier

Boost is the cheapest carrier in the US, but the Curve 9310 is the newest model that you can get on their network.
    01-30-13 11:38 PM