Hi,

Im new to this so please be easy on me. I just got a blackberry Bold 9700 and I have been having some problems, if you could find some solutions to them it would be good

NOTE; I just got my phone unlocked if this helps things

1. My internet is not working

When Im at my house it is works fine but when im out and about and try to go on it, it just says you need to be connected to wi-fi, I do have a signal and a dataplane

2.BBM adding contacts isnt working.

When ever I add contacts on BBM it just keeps saying its pending and I ask the people if they have got them but they say no, although when I checked my emails it said I had a bbm invite.

3.Cannot Setup My email.

When I try to setup my email it wont let me it only wants me to setup a Blackberry Enterprise email.
    07-06-11 11:22 AM
    You need a BlackBerry-specific data plan. Standard data plans don't work for BlackBerry services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 11:34 AM
    oh yh and just to add it wont let me upgrade to OS6, if it makes a difference im on Orange
    07-06-11 11:40 AM
    no do i need one ?
    07-06-11 11:50 AM
    no do i need one ?
    Yes you do. Call your carrier and add the BB data plan to your account.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    07-06-11 11:51 AM
    thanks for the feedback though
    07-06-11 11:52 AM
    no do i need one ?

If you want BBM and full push email, then you need the BB plan. In many places the price is the same as long as you are not connecting to a business BES server, which it does not sound like you will be.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-06-11 11:58 AM
    will my bbm work if I do this ?
    07-06-11 12:03 PM
    yeah you need a BIS/BES plan to take full advantage of your Blackberry
    07-06-11 12:03 PM
    what about upgrading to OS6
    07-06-11 12:06 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os

You can upgrade to OS v6 by downloading and installing the software from BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If the verison you select if not specific to Orange, there is one simple preperation step:

c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader.
    Scroll to the bottom and delete the security file Vendor.xml.
    07-06-11 12:45 PM
    is it safe to do? thanks anyway
    07-06-11 01:08 PM
    yes it is safe and easy. First you have to call your Carrier and get a BB specific data plan. They cost the same as any other data plan.

Then come back to the forum and search "upgrade your OS". You will find a full list of instructions.
    07-06-11 01:12 PM
    hi i was just trying to connect to my internet hub at hm and it says provisioning wi-fi proflies enter a pin on the hub. can somebody tell me why this is happening ? and why its not just comming up with pin you have to enter like before ? thanks
    07-21-11 05:11 AM
    Does the internet you are trying to connect to have some type of security on it?
    07-21-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD