so on the G1 and the iphone there's an app that takes your cell data plan and fur a your phone into a wifi router. Now that I have an iPod touch, this would be a very cool and useful app to have. Is there any app like this for the BB's with wifi?
    03-09-10 05:32 PM
    No, currently there is not. I'm sorry.
    It stinks because WinMo devices and Android and (maybe?) the iPhone can do it, but NOT BB.

I'm impatiently waiting for a developer to come out and make an app for this.
    03-09-10 05:37 PM
    then what does Tether do?
    03-09-10 05:42 PM
    Tether allows you to tether your computer to your BlackBerry via USB or Bluetooth and use your phone's internet connection to provide an internet connection for your COMPUTER.
    03-09-10 06:19 PM
    ooh ok thanks.... does anyone know if the android market has an app so i could use its internet for my ipod touch?
    03-09-10 06:23 PM
    I don't understand why you would want such an app for your iPod touch, as if there is a wifi connection, wouldn't you just connect your computer to said connection?

Also, I don't know how an Android app would run on an iPhone/iTouch. I am not sure that is possible. Or do you mean run the app on a G-1 and connect the touch? But your profile says you have a 8900, which is neither.
    Last edited by Exiled Bulldawg; 03-09-10 at 09:55 PM.
    03-09-10 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD