Hello,

I bought a Verizon Tour and unlocked it and when inserting a USA T-Mobile SIM Card phone calls can't be made. Text messages can be sent and it recognizes the network and it says T-Mobile at the top. When trying to make a voice call it doesn't work and says no circuit/channel available. What can be the issue? There are many people who are having the same problems, please help! Thank you.
    08-28-09 02:22 AM
    might wanna try posting this in the Tour or T-mobile forum, for more specific views. however, are you sure all service books have been sent correctly? im not too familiar with the unlocking and cross-operation of the hybrid phones.
    08-28-09 02:40 AM
    Since the Tour is a Verizon phone I don't think it can make calls with a Tmobile sim card because Verizon uses a CDMA network and can probably only make calls that way cause its just a Verizon phone.Tmobile and AT&T use GSM networks. Tmobile and AT&T phones can be unlocked and sim cards switched and used, but I think that's why it won't work with your Tour, because it's a Verizon phone.
    08-28-09 03:02 AM
    It proly would of been a good idea to search before you posted this.. and put this in the tour forum.

But.. have you tried setting the network settings to "Global" or "GSM/UMTS" instead of "1XEV"?

Also here's a link to one thread already started on this subject...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/tm...update-289308/
    08-28-09 03:44 AM
    Since the Tour is a Verizon phone I don't think it can make calls with a Tmobile sim card because Verizon uses a CDMA network and can probably only make calls that way cause its just a Verizon phone.Tmobile and AT&T use GSM networks. Tmobile and AT&T phones can be unlocked and sim cards switched and used, but I think that's why it won't work with your Tour, because it's a Verizon phone.
    so ya, it can also use sim cards using us networks if you unlock it...but that sucks, have u tried an at&t sim card in it to test if its been unlocked properly(evn tho idk if u cam unlock it wrong :T)...?
    08-28-09 03:48 AM
    it is set to GSM and the phone sends and receives text messages fine. I sold 2 of these, both buyers have t-mobile and one's doesnt make calls and the other's works fine. I dont understand it and maybe should call blackberry about it.
    08-28-09 11:42 AM
    And BOTH are having this NO Channel/Circuit problem on T-Mobile

Jim
    11-03-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD