My 8330 wont let me delete some appointments. I use google sync and have never had any problems ti'll now. I'm able to delete the appointments when I go to my calandar on google, but when I try to delete on curve it does nothing. When I try to open up the appointment I get this error message: "appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed"! Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Robert
    03-06-09 03:08 PM
    I sure hope someone has the answer for you. Mine did the same thing. Mine would even double entry it. So I got rid of sync cuz I was having so many other problems that I couldn't figure out
    03-06-09 03:19 PM
    I would try wiping the whole calendar completely, and then re-syncing.
    03-06-09 03:23 PM
    I use Yahoo and sync my calendar through there. When I first had it I had duplicate entries from the BIS and I was able to delete them while keeping the Yahoo ones.

You may want to check your configuration on your DM. When I look at my BB the default calendar is Yahoo while my default email is BB. So when I got rid of the old DM and installed the new DM and had to configure it, somehow I must have fixed it that way.

BTW what DM version are you using? Personally I wouldn't go higher than DM 4.6 as it seems to work best with the 83XX series.

Try opening your DM, connecting your BB and go into configuring and see if there are conflicts there. Or you can get rid of DM through Add/Remove in Control Panel; reboot PC; download and install new DM and configure it.

~Jazzi~

03-06-09 03:25 PM
    How do you just wipe the calendar? I know that there is a code you have to type but I do not remember what it is.
    03-18-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD