I have a Curve 8320 and the keypad seems to be locked or something... I get no response when pressing any keys or the roller... the roller will scroll but no response when pressing it... the only way I can view the screen is by connecting to my PC but when the backlight times out no response... any suggestions?? Ideas?? Please help...
    12-29-08 04:42 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

Also when posting, please using a descriptive title for your post. This helps others who search the forum to know what you are posting about. "Help anyone" doesn't help anyone to know what your post is about.
    12-29-08 04:48 PM
    yes, I have removed the battery several times... when problem first started it was on the calculator, removed the battery several times and then it was stuck on screen telling me I had a new vmail message... removed the battery several more times and now am at main screen and can scroll but cant select anything by pressing roller...
    12-29-08 05:10 PM
    You should ask TMO for a replacement.
    12-29-08 05:15 PM
    is there any way to hard reset it or reset back to defaults?
    12-29-08 05:23 PM
    Pulling the battery out is a hard reset. Resetting back to factory defaults will not fix a problem such as yours. It's most likely a mechanical issue that cannot be fixed without replacing the unit.
    12-29-08 05:28 PM
    Take the battery out let it sit for a while...then give it another shot you never know, but I do agree it sounds like a device failure.
    12-29-08 06:49 PM
    sounds like liquid damage. remove the battery and check the two liquid damage indicators (one on the device on the on the battery itself). If they are pink to red your device has been exposed to liquid.
    12-29-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD