I have a 6 month old 8330 in like new condition. For some reason, all the buttons except the trackball stopped working. The trackball only works for navigation purposes. The unit has not been damaged in any way. Any ideas?
    06-21-09 10:40 AM
    First try a battery pull while the device is on. Leave it out fr a minute or so.
    06-21-09 10:43 AM
    Unfortunately that didnt work. Crap. Any other suggestions?
    06-21-09 11:36 AM
    *beats the dead hampster*
    Have you searched "8330 keyboard malfunctions" and similar posts? search resolved my issue...
    06-21-09 12:22 PM
    Searched it through and through. My unit dried over 24 hours on top of my receiver. Bummed. Unit no longer in warranty. Seems like a common problem. About the only other thing I can do is take it apart. Crap.
    06-22-09 10:43 AM
    Searched it through and through. My unit dried over 24 hours on top of my receiver. Bummed. Unit no longer in warranty. Seems like a common problem. About the only other thing I can do is take it apart. Crap.
    Dried? If it got wet that changes things...
    There are also tons of instructional videos to help you do the work; if your phone is out of warranty fixing it yourself might be the solution. For about $5-10 you can get a small toolkit from an electronics store that will have the proper tools.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-22-09 at 10:53 AM.
    06-22-09 10:49 AM
    Not wet per se, but I heard the moisture from being in a pocket can make it go haywire. Im thinking this is what may have happened.
    06-22-09 11:03 AM
    Not wet per se, but I heard the moisture from being in a pocket can make it go haywire. Im thinking this is what may have happened.
    Have you checked the water damage indicators? I don't know about your model but the Bold has one on the frame that is accessible by removing the battery. I would bet the 8330 has 'em somewhere...
    06-22-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD