As with everyone else, I'm just about done with my Treo. However, after using Palms for about 10 years, I'm really afraid to leave my Palm Desktop. I have 10 years of contacts (well over 1000), 10 years of calendar events, etc. I'm synced at 3 computers, and I'm afraid that Microsoft Outlook just doesn't do it for me.

How has the transition been for you? Tell me my fears are unfounded........
    08-14-08 11:02 PM
    Tell me my fears are unfounded........
    They are!
    08-14-08 11:43 PM
    I went through the same thing. I am now syncing with Yahoo! and it works pretty much the same as Palm desktop except I can get my info anywhere. The switch device wizard was painless and worked well. I didn't lose anything switching from my Clie to my Pearl. You have nothing to fear. You already have everything backed up just in case so go for it!
    08-14-08 11:49 PM
    Interesting - I wonder why Google calendar & Yahoo calendar seem so much more robust than Outlook? Can you import the last 10 years worth of events on there, though?

Also, I kinda like keeping my stuff on my computer, with my backup system, in a non-proprietary way so I can always keep it. Not that Palm isn't proprietary, but at least I can transfer it to Outlook and keep the info forever if I need to.
    08-15-08 01:53 AM
    Just walk away and don't look back!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 01:55 AM
    I went through the same thing. I am now syncing with Yahoo! and it works pretty much the same as Palm desktop except I can get my info anywhere. The switch device wizard was painless and worked well. I didn't lose anything switching from my Clie to my Pearl. You have nothing to fear. You already have everything backed up just in case so go for it!

Ditto for me. I have been using a Palm PDA (Tungsten E) for a long time. i spent forever wishing for a small sized device that would be my PDA and phone. I got the Pearl and sync with Yahoo (including calendar, address book, to do list and memos). Never had a problem, best move I could have made.
    08-15-08 07:26 AM
    Just walk away and don't look back!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I second that. I used Palm software for a number of years. Yet, once I started using my BB, I never thought of Palm again.
    08-15-08 07:34 AM
    So does the whole shooting match end up on some Yahoo server somewhere? If so, no thanks. See my response to a similar question at the Palm Calendar on BlackBerry?
    topic. Sorry I'd post a link but can't do so until I've posted 10 times. Short story: Check out CompanionLink.
    01-04-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD