Hey all, I've been an avid reader of the site for a while, and could really use some expert help.

Like many of you, I can't go much more than an hour without spending quality time with my Berry. But this year I'll be spending time in Spain, Egypt, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, France and England. I basically won a three week vacation, but am still a poor graduate student who can't really afford international roaming.

So how I can I check email and call home, or locally every once and a while?

For phone calls I'm probably going to invest in a Skype phone and seek out wifi hot spots, or just buy some international calling cards. It would be great if there was an application that used wifi hot spots to make Skype calls but I can't find any (or at least any that would really work on Wifi only).

For email, I was planning on getting my hands on a Pearl Flip, or Bold to use the wifi, but my research is showing that only the GMail app will work, and even that is tempermental. If I have an unlocked Flip on AT&T would it work? What about a Bold on AT&T?

Does anyone have any other ideas or input on cheap and easy ways to make calls, check email, and feed my Blackberry addiction overseas?

Thanks!
    12-02-08 08:19 PM
    As far as I am aware starbucks UK has wifi zones, i also understand that some major cities have wifi zones as well, London being one of them, have a look at a few city specific sites for more info.
    HtH
    12-06-08 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD