Hello, i dropped my phone in the toilet Tues 31st July, its now Friday 3rd Aug, and i left it in rice for 24 hours after i happened i took the battery out as soon as it happened it was in the water for like 3 seconds, and then i took out the battery, dried the inside's with a towel then a hair dryer, then rice, and have tried vacumning it, the battery that got dropped in with the phone isnt saying its water damaged, and only thing my phone is now doing is flashing red led, and has came on occasionally with the charging battery with the lightning bolt through then going white for a while then going back onto the led loop, and i have tried 2 other batteries nothing different ive also tried apploading it, but its not staying on for it to be recodnise also blackberry desktop software and its connecting and disconnecting please can someone help, miss my blackberry
    08-02-12 06:10 PM
    You should have let it dry for 4 - 5 days. And using a hair dryer likely pushed the water deeper into the device causing the damage to be permanent.
    08-02-12 06:26 PM
    It is likely that your phone is toast.

Sorry.
    08-02-12 06:35 PM
    Your phone is most likely dead with no chance of revival. The hair dryer was
    a mistake (pushes water in, dries contaminants to the boards) and rice, despite
    what many will tell you is unsuccessful more often than not.

Water and a powered on electronic device is a recipe for bad news.
    08-02-12 06:39 PM
    Sorry to say but its early days, WD can take a week to tak full effect
    08-02-12 07:00 PM
    Sorry for your accident. Do you have insurance?
    08-02-12 07:08 PM
    Don't understand the need to bring your phone into the bathroom while your taking care of business. Sorry to hear about you mishap but dam in the toilet...
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-02-12 07:33 PM
    Don't understand the need to bring your phone into the bathroom while your taking care of business. Sorry to hear about you mishap but dam in the toilet...
    THIS ^^^ I have been saying for years but alas here we are yet again
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-02-12 07:39 PM
    One of my friends also dropped there Blackberry in the loo and despite drying it and leaving it for a few days it also died
    08-02-12 07:47 PM
    For future reference, this thread offers the best advice for dealing with any kind of water damage. http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-02-12 08:06 PM
    THIS ^^^ I have been saying for years but alas here we are yet again
    I wonder how many threads have been made about a BB in the porcelain throne?
    08-02-12 08:25 PM
    I wonder how many threads have been made about a BB in the porcelain throne?
    Google it I'm sure its not just BlackBerry....
    08-02-12 08:28 PM
    What do you say when you drop your phone in the toilet?

Crap.
    wendybeee likes this.
    08-02-12 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD