I have a blackberry curve that i used to be on contract with, im now using it has payg, how do i set bbm and email up on it, it was with virgin but ive changed to vodafone. can someone help me please
    12-29-11 08:01 AM
    go into your local Vodafone and pay the monthly fee for BIS service. usualy around 8 usd a month.
    edit: if your just talking about the setup process on your phone, use the set up menu for your email and download BBM and agree to services for it.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-29-11 at 08:08 AM.
    12-29-11 08:05 AM
    when i try and set up email it says there was a problem with the server, im a bit stupid when it comes to phones. do i have to pay to get it unblocked? as it takes my new sim card lets me makes calls and texts but nothing else
    12-29-11 08:11 AM
    Sounds like you haven't purchased you BIS service for your Blackberry. its going to cost you a bit more a month for it. vodafone will set you up if you wish.. BlackBerry uses its own network for email, BBM, internet and other stuff. its more secure, faster, reliable. but costs money. In the end its cheaper than using the carriers service.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-29-11 at 08:20 AM.
    12-29-11 08:16 AM
    so i dont need to pay for it to be unblocked? just need to go into a store? i cant do it online?
    12-29-11 08:34 AM
    so i dont need to pay for it to be unblocked? just need to go into a store? i cant do it online?
    You need to pay for BIS service. It has nothing to do with unlocking. You can't expect cable TV unless you pay for it. Same thing with your BB and email.
    12-29-11 10:49 AM
    You might be able to do it online. I'm not sure about that because what your doing is a hybred setup. Meaning a pay as you go and a bis plan. Bis plan is a blackberry data pack. That is what is needed to get internet,emails, and bbm sent to your phone. I doesn't hurt to try to do it online. I suspect though it woul be better to go into the store and talk this out just to make sure everybody understands what's going on. No unblocking needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD