I just did the OS upgrade on my BB Storm and now my entire contact list is gone. All of my songs and pictures are still available. Am I completely screwed?
    11-11-09 11:18 AM
    Did you do any sort of backup prior to the OS upgrade? If not, then you may very well be out of luck......
    11-11-09 11:22 AM
    No, I didn't manually do any backup. This really sucks. I may throw this thing out the window....!!!!!
    11-11-09 11:50 AM
    Do you mean you didn't back up before this upgrade or you've NEVER backed up you phone - I have to ask
    11-11-09 11:56 AM
    Always do backups and always read instructions on how to install things like a new OS or whatever.
    11-11-09 11:59 AM
    I downloaded the Update via a verizon notification that utilized mt desktop Manager. you'd think that i twould back that info. up through it's process....
    11-11-09 12:33 PM
    Well, as much as it does suck, sometimes good things come out of bad things happening. I guarantee you will never let that happen again.

Don't fret. By any chance, did you at least copy contacts from an old phone when you got your berry? Perhaps you can recover a good chunk of your contacts from your old phone......

Also, some links of benefit for you, assuming this is your first BB:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

Tons of good info there.
    11-11-09 01:47 PM
    Look for a file on your computer named LoaderBackup(date).ipd. The date will be the date that you did the upgrade.
    11-11-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD