Someone Please Help Me My Mini Usb Port Is Loose And I Have To Put Pressure On The Cord In Orer For It To Charge My 8830....is There A Way To Tighten It Or Fix This Problem BY HAND....please Help...thanks!!!!!!\
    Robert
    Last edited by VtownCanes29; 04-13-09 at 12:51 AM. Reason: FORGOT A WORD
    04-13-09 12:12 AM
    How did it get loose? I'm not sure if the ports can be replaced.

I would suggest taking your phone to the store you got it from and see if the can fix it. Or if that is covered under the service warrenty/insurance (if you have that) and get a replacement phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 12:22 AM
    The carrier can replace the port. I don't know if the average joe can or not. If it is still under warranty I would send it back ASAP and get a replacement.

04-13-09 12:26 AM
    The carrier can replace the port. I don't know if the average joe can or not. If it is still under warranty I would send it back ASAP and get a replacement.

I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself. My dad has a good knowledge of electronics and when the USB port on my old 8310 broke loose, he attempted to fix it, and even with a saudering iron was only able to get a momentary connection.

I'm paranoid now though, cause my Bold's port seems a little loose; my charger wiggles a little where before it didn't. I'm thinking I'm gonna invest in a charging pod on payday.

04-13-09 12:47 AM
    Verizon will replace the unit provided you have insurance, can get you one overnight via Fedex.

I had the same thing on a 8830 unit and I wedged a slip of paper in the space between the port and phone casing just to charge it enough to make it through the say.

Hope this helps..
    04-13-09 12:47 AM
    I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself. My dad has a good knowledge of electronics and when the USB port on my old 8310 broke loose, he attempted to fix it, and even with a saudering iron was only able to get a momentary connection.

I'm paranoid now though, cause my Bold's port seems a little loose; my charger wiggles a little where before it didn't. I'm thinking I'm gonna invest in a charging pod on payday.

THANX FOR RESPONDING BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT A CHARGING POD WAS...CAN U SEND ME A LINK PLEASE AND THANK YOU (:
    04-13-09 12:55 AM
    THANX FOR RESPONDING BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT A CHARGING POD WAS...CAN U SEND ME A LINK PLEASE AND THANK YOU (:
    I don't have a link handy, but on shop.crackberry.com, there's a menu on the left. Click "cradles", and they should be listed under there, if I remember correctly. (Be sure to choose your model number so you can see the ones specifically for your phone.)

The pod charges your phone through the contacts, either on the sides of the phone (like on the Bold and the new Curve) or through the copper-colored contacts by the battery door on the back of the Curves and Pearls and 8800 series.

04-13-09 01:04 AM
    I don't have a link handy, but on shop.crackberry.com, there's a menu on the left. Click "cradles", and they should be listed under there, if I remember correctly. (Be sure to choose your model number so you can see the ones specifically for your phone.)

The pod charges your phone through the contacts, either on the sides of the phone (like on the Bold and the new Curve) or through the copper-colored contacts by the battery door on the back of the Curves and Pearls and 8800 series.

thanx again
    04-13-09 01:09 AM
    I have had a curve repleaced due to this... If the phone is less then a year old or you have the extended warrenty you should have a problem getting it replaced as lomng at the phone doesn't dhow any major trama

04-13-09 01:29 AM
    best way to do this is going threw your service provider or else you can void your warranty and then your screwed
    04-13-09 01:49 AM
    best way to do this is going threw your service provider or else you can void your warranty and then your screwed
    04-13-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD