Hi everyone. I need some help if it's possible please. First of all, I am just unfortunate enough to have US Cellular service. LOL

My question is, are there any sources for more reasonably priced Blackberry's, mainly 8830 model? I am a US Military 100% disabled veteran and can't afford a new phone. I also made the mistake of buying a new phone with a new 24 month contract recently. The RAZR2 9V I have is a piece of junk in my opinion. Sometimes it works right and other times not. Everey once in a while it won't work at all. It started messing up shortly after the warranty expired. At the time I also could not afford the extra cost for the data package. I would be satisfied with a refurb but have had no luck finding any and the one on ebay are about prices with a contract. I can't afford internet services and a phone line at home but I can get by with cell phone service and would very much like to have email capabilities since I'm stuck at home most of the time. I've got 13 more months on the current contract. US Cellular said they would not charge me an activation fee if I found a Blackberry 8830. I'm having a neighbor help search for one on the internet for sometime now with no luck so I thought I would try my luck here. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-20-08 11:31 AM
    Try CL. Welcome to CB!
    07-20-08 11:36 AM
    Yes, definietly try Craigs List. They usually have good phones, at good prices. Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 11:45 AM
    Try CL. Welcome to CB!
    Sorry, I may have missed it but were is the Classified?
    07-20-08 11:46 AM
    Hi everyone. I need some help if it's possible please. First of all, I am just unfortunate enough to have US Cellular service. LOL

My question is, are there any sources for more reasonably priced Blackberry's, mainly 8830 model? I am a US Military 100% disabled veteran and can't afford a new phone. I also made the mistake of buying a new phone with a new 24 month contract recently. The RAZR2 9V I have is a piece of junk in my opinion. Sometimes it works right and other times not. Everey once in a while it won't work at all. It started messing up shortly after the warranty expired. At the time I also could not afford the extra cost for the data package. I would be satisfied with a refurb but have had no luck finding any and the one on ebay are about prices with a contract. I can't afford internet services and a phone line at home but I can get by with cell phone service and would very much like to have email capabilities since I'm stuck at home most of the time. I've got 13 more months on the current contract. US Cellular said they would not charge me an activation fee if I found a Blackberry 8830. I'm having a neighbor help search for one on the internet for sometime now with no luck so I thought I would try my luck here. Any help would be appreciated.
    some times the uscc stores have returned berry's and they are have price of retail or about 250.00 i don't know that may be to much for you to pay. maybe someone here has a older berry that they don't use any more that they would let go of cheap.
    07-20-08 11:48 AM
    Make sure you check with the veterans assistance people at the VA. I have a friend who helps D/A veterans find help with the everyday things like phone and utilities. I'm not sure where you live, but the advocates would help you brother. Maybe someone here would help. I know when I upgrade next year I'm going to make sure my Curve goes to a good home.

Last edited by exelant; 07-20-08 at 12:32 PM.
    07-20-08 12:29 PM
    Make sure you check with the veterans assistance people at the VA. I have a friend who helps D/A veterans find help with the everyday things like phone and utilities. I'm not sure where you live, but the advocates would help you brother. Maybe someone here would help. I know when I upgrade next year I'm going to make sure my Curve goes to a good home.

I appreciate the comment and feedback. I would appreciate it if and when you upgrade if you would keep me in mind. Don't know if I'll be able to find anything by then but I'll keep looking. Thank!
    07-20-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD