Hello all,

I'm the new kid here and...wow I did't didn't realize so many people are still BB fans. I found this site via a Google search. ALL of my freinds are Apple users and have wanted tme to join them but I am faithful to BB and glad to know there are more like me.
    I do have a question about retrieving data from my old phone on to my one. I guess I can post that in the proper thread area after I search around for a while.
    01-08-13 03:59 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry. Have fun and ask as many questions as you like... most here are quite friendly. As for the transfer of data, have you used your desktop manager? That should transfer what it is you need.
    01-08-13 04:43 PM
    If both phones are BB you can use BB Protect to move you data over.
    01-08-13 04:47 PM
    1. Download the program called "desktop manager" from the blackberry site
    2. Once downloaded open the desktop manager program
    3. You will see an option for transferring all data from your old one to your new one
    4. Instructions will be given on when to plug in what to your computer.
    01-08-13 04:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Granpana, ENJOY
    01-08-13 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the kind openings. I was able to restore all of my contacts and info from my dead Bold to Storm2. One last question... is there any way possible to retreive data from a dead phone?
    It wasn't backed up to date and I need information that was recent from my Bold. In short , my son put my Bold in the microwve for 5 sec. Its doesn't power up...I was thinking of buying a new battery and see what would a happen.
    01-08-13 07:09 PM
    Hi and welcome! In the microwave, thinking that may be first.
    01-08-13 08:27 PM
    Thanks for the kind openings. I was able to restore all of my contacts and info from my dead Bold to Storm2. One last question... is there any way possible to retreive data from a dead phone?
    It wasn't backed up to date and I need information that was recent from my Bold. In short , my son put my Bold in the microwve for 5 sec. Its doesn't power up...I was thinking of buying a new battery and see what would a happen.
    Five seconds in a microwave? I have a friend that put a laptop in for 3 and it was toasted. I'd see if you could go to a carrier store and birrow a battry for a couple of minutes and save the money. No joke.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums!
    01-08-13 08:58 PM
    Its probably fried some of the chips and connections on the board, but I guess it's worth a try.
    01-08-13 09:01 PM
    Hello all,

I'm the new kid here and...wow I did't didn't realize so many people are still BB fans. I found this site via a Google search. ALL of my freinds are Apple users and have wanted tme to join them but I am faithful to BB and glad to know there are more like me.
    I do have a question about retrieving data from my old phone on to my one. I guess I can post that in the proper thread area after I search around for a while.
    We got it all. From a huge range of ages we have the faithful, the sickly obsessed (*cough*), and what forum would be complete without some trolls and fire starters? This place is pretty awesome. Welcome!
    jakie55 and KDB84 like this.
    01-09-13 12:01 AM