Reading all the negative news coming from Wallstreet, I can't help but notice how now these analyst are saying that blackberry IP may be worthless. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Wallstreet " where analyst purposely spread rumors that further devalue the cost of a company just so it can be bought out cheaper then what it really is worth. No one will develop apps for BlackBerry with this.much negative press. People won't even buy it because of what's being said how it failed. BlackBerry should just go.private and take these analyst out of the equation. All they are doing is hurting the company more.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 12:40 PM
    Moved to Armchair CEO forum.
    08-21-13 12:42 PM
    Booya like Jim Cramer says.. agreed

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 12:43 PM
    Reading all the negative news coming from Wallstreet, I can't help but notice how now these analyst are saying that blackberry IP may be worthless. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Wallstreet " where analyst purposely spread rumors that further devalue the cost of a company just so it can be bought out cheaper then what it really is worth. No one will develop apps for BlackBerry with this.much negative press. People won't even buy it because of what's being said how it failed. BlackBerry should just go.private and take these analyst out of the equation. All they are doing is hurting the company more.

Posted via CB10
    So I guess you would prefer that the analysts lie and tell everyone what a terrific job they've been doing in Waterloo, is that it?

Taking BBRY private would spell the end. Private investors generally don't fund innovation, they strip mine.
    08-21-13 12:52 PM
    Agreed, go private at a fair share price and watch the shorts lose their shorts. Then just conduct business, free from the drama and BS. The company has great assets, excellent technology, strong fundamentals, and a large customer base. They don't need to be involved with the junior high popularity contest that Wall Street's become.
    08-21-13 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry needs to have consumer focus on its products not its stock prices. What other products in the consumer marketplace seem to be defined as much and for so long by Wall Street? Fridges, cars, TVs, Pablum? Not too many. Sure there are risks about going private but focusing consumers on what BlackBerry sells to them is not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 01:16 PM
    Taking BBRY private would spell the end. Private investors generally don't fund innovation, they strip mine.
    They are cheering for blackberry to walk the plank.

08-21-13 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry should just go.private and take these analyst out of the equation. All they are doing is hurting the company more.
    Posted via CB10
    Do you know what Going Private means?
    08-21-13 01:47 PM
    Do you?
    08-21-13 01:49 PM
    Going Private will stop the short sellers and the stock analyst from talking about BlackBerry. But you would still have tech analyst using all the different "tools" to examine sells and marketshare. You would still have people talking about if BlackBerry devices were competitive on price and hardware... You would still have people doing stock checks to see if devices are selling or not. It really would not change the business of selling smartphones all that much.

But I think too many here just assume that a Private BlackBerry would continue to do what they are doing today - being a smartphone company. That is extremely doubtful!
    trwrt likes this.
    08-21-13 02:00 PM
    I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done but perhaps something different to what isn't working might be a good idea.

I'm a consumer and I use a variety of different mobile phones regularly, I enjoy using my Z10 and really appreciate the alternative to the other 3 ecosystems. I like to think that I'm quite open minded but I have a bit of a nonconformists attitude to the way I do things, I don't want to follow the crowd.

Having used and owned Z10's from less than a month after its release I don't understand all the negativity in the press. I say this with particular reference to "experts" views on the device.

The word propaganda comes to mind when I see some of the ridiculous comentry in the press.

Remind me please, for how long have the rumours been making the rounds that RIM/BlackBerry is about to close it's doors for good? Has it been years?
    SavvyBB likes this.
    08-21-13 02:07 PM
    So I guess you would prefer that the analysts lie and tell everyone what a terrific job they've been doing in Waterloo, is that it?

Everything the analyst are saying isn't true. There is nothing wrong with BB10. It's stable and better than android and iPhone as far as I'm concerned. They are doing the best that they can with what they have been handed from the previous CEO. I'm surprised that BB10 is running as good as it is in such a short term. Making BlackBerry private would help the company more than its helping them now. Analyst are buying BlackBerry. No.press is better than bad press... sorry.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:27 PM
    Of course I do, it's a risk but it's better than the alternative. Look at Facebook. When they were private, all was hunky dory. Once they went public, scrutiny became the norm and the stock declined. BlackBerry makes a comment about a special team to view options, and the only thing you hear is "BlackBerry failed, time to sell" . The stock went up 17% because of it. Investors don't care about you, me or whether blackberry live. Just what can they get in their returns. BlackBerry needs to go.private. Then focus on their product and push it.

Posted via CB10
    RiceBerry89 likes this.
    08-21-13 04:31 PM
    I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done but perhaps something different to what isn't working might be a good idea.

I'm a consumer and I use a variety of different mobile phones regularly, I enjoy using my Z10 and really appreciate the alternative to the other 3 ecosystems. I like to think that I'm quite open minded but I have a bit of a nonconformists attitude to the way I do things, I don't want to follow the crowd.

Having used and owned Z10's from less than a month after its release I don't understand all the negativity in the press. I say this with particular reference to "experts" views on the device.

The word propaganda comes to mind when I see some of the ridiculous comentry in the press.

Remind me please, for how long have the rumours been making the rounds that RIM/BlackBerry is about to close it's doors for good? Has it been years?
    I agree. It's almost as if they want it to fail no matter what BlackBerry brings to the table.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:33 PM
    Going Private will stop the short sellers and the stock analyst from talking about BlackBerry. But you would still have tech analyst using all the different "tools" to examine sells and marketshare. You would still have people talking about if BlackBerry devices were competitive on price and hardware... You would still have people doing stock checks to see if devices are selling or not. It really would not change the business of selling smartphones all that much.

But I think too many here just assume that a Private BlackBerry would continue to do what they are doing today - being a smartphone company. That is extremely doubtful!
    Remember one thing, BlackBerry never predicted the sale of 300k phones sold by first quarter. It was analyst who made the claim. BlackBerry sold 260k and then got dogged for it. Stock went from 14 to a little under 9. Had blackberry been private, BlackBerry wouldn't have gotten the media hype or shall I say, media backlash they received. Right now they have access to blackberry. BlackBerry needs to protect themselves

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:43 PM

^^^This^^^
    08-21-13 04:47 PM
    So where's the money gonna come from to buy out the shareholders? No bank is gonna finance this deal with BlackBerry posting losses and shrinking market share unless the patents are worth 40% more than the loan amount
    08-21-13 04:59 PM
    From the 3 billion they currently have?? No sure but what's happening now isn't working at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:30 PM
    I hope you aren't a Financial Advisor..

Going Private replaces one set of owners (Shareholders) with another. The $3bn won't cover it. Hedge funds and mutual funds will provide the funds. And they will expect a strong financial return as they have to repay the money they borrow to buy BlackBerry.

The problems don't suddenly vanish. If they need cash, they sell something off. Or more layoffs.

Really, think about it. BlackBerry isn't buying BlackBerry. Replace one set of money with another.
    08-21-13 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    and going private what exactly would solve? ppl are still not buying Blackberrys
    08-21-13 07:28 PM
    No I'm not a financial expert but the blackberry team has considered it. Just like they considered selling assets. It's only round two, BlackBerry is down, The count is on 8, and it's not looking good. The CEO looks to benefit from a sale, more layoffs, and big shots VPs leaving on their own. Sounds like a sale to me.... Investors don't care about blackberry, only their return. Developers see blackberry as a cautionary tale.

Does BlackBerry have the talent to produce their own apps like Microsoft does? Do they have the money to pay developers for those crucial apps? Or both. What will it take?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:21 AM