We're already going to have a phone, why should we have to carry and manage another device to handle music in the car?
    I guess only us Americans create efficiencies and eliminate redundancies
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-25-13 at 04:16 PM.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-25-13 01:07 PM
    Well several million users would disagree with that (outside the USA at least). But I guess you guys want your killer 'apps' like Siri and ... whatever else the iCrap has :P
    Classy.
    scorpiodsu and h20work like this.
    07-25-13 02:17 PM
    moar cliches incoming

You need to dodge a few punches before you can counter with a hook.
    07-25-13 05:02 PM
    Or instead of a very expensive mobile computing device you could get a simple, inexpensive MP3 player for the car. But I don't think that's the American way, you guys need to have everything real big and expensive. :P
    Benefit of living in a first world country.
    07-25-13 05:14 PM
    Well several million users would disagree with that (outside the USA at least). But I guess you guys want your killer 'apps' like Siri and ... whatever else the iCrap has :P
    Such superiority of intellect. Only Mensa members exhibit such wit and keen intellectual prowess.
    07-25-13 08:44 PM
    Walk the plank...Frank
    07-25-13 09:07 PM
    I have owned my Z10 since February and I have never had any rebooting problems. I bet those complaining are in the USA, where this "rebooting" issue seems prevalent. Has anyone ever ponder why the US Carriers may not be handling the BB10 "releases" properly? Why is it taking the US carriers so long to update the OS? Common sense ought to dictate that if you've got a high performance car like a Ferrari, you shouldn't run it on a cheap gas. What OS are the Z10s running on, right now? If your Z10 is not on most current OS update, you shouldn't be shocked if you are experiencing "rebooting" problems. Furthermore, the BB10 platform is still a few months old and it will take some time for a lot of the "wrinkles" to be ironed out. On the contrary the Apple iOS has been around for many years.
    And by the way, I own an iPad (new) too and I can say that it is an okay product...nothing magical, except the hype! I like both BlackBerry and Apple; each has its own niche.
    07-25-13 10:39 PM
    The other way to look at it is BlackBerry should not have released a buggy rebooting phone expecting people to wait through several months and multiple updates until they fixed it.

I have owned my Z10 since February and I have never had any rebooting problems. I bet those complaining are in the USA, where this "rebooting" issue seems prevalent. Has anyone ever ponder why the US Carriers may not be handling the BB10 "releases" properly? Why is it taking the US carriers so long to update the OS? Common sense ought to dictate that if you've got a high performance car like a Ferrari, you shouldn't run it on a cheap gas. What OS are the Z10s running on, right now? If your Z10 is not on most current OS update, you shouldn't be shocked if you are experiencing "rebooting" problems. Furthermore, the BB10 platform is still a few months old and it will take some time for a lot of the "wrinkles" to be ironed out. On the contrary the Apple iOS has been around for many years.
    And by the way, I own an iPad (new) too and I can say that it is an okay product...nothing magical, except the hype! I like both BlackBerry and Apple; each has its own niche.
    07-26-13 06:44 AM
    In order for them to "attack" or go on the offensive, they need ammunition - and they don't have it.

There's nothing substantial about the Z10/Q10 that truly sets it apart from the competition... except for the negative things - like the lack of apps.

People need to get off the idea that marketing is the answer. It will only help to a very small degree when your product isn't any better than the competitions. I remember people shouting that RIM needed to advertise more and better for their BB7 phones - because apparently that was the answer to their problems. It was naive to think that since BB7 phones were VERY lacking in almost every category - especially with it's VERY outdated OS. Yet poor marketing was taking the blame. We're in a similar situation now - although the phone is much more modern now, there's nothing that truly sets it apart while the ecosystem fails by comparison.

Blackberry release a better product - THAT is how you attack.
    +1 for the most part. I mean, a few years ago, Samsung phones weren't necessarily any better than iPhones--and arguably had some gaps--but that didn't stop users from buying them. So, there is something to raising awareness even if your product isn't necessarily "better than" the competition. However, other factors such as carrier availability and what-not likely contributed to user interest and uptake.

But yeah, BlackBerry products need to offer a compelling, differentiating feature that can be highlighted in ads and used to generate excitement. In the meantime, I think BlackBerry's marketing activities can focus more on its brand vs. its products and work to change negative perceptions.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-26-13 04:35 PM
    moar cliches incoming

You need to dodge a few punches before you can counter with a hook.
    No, no, no!! You gotta work da jab
    07-26-13 04:46 PM
    Such superiority of intellect. Only Mensa members exhibit such wit and keen intellectual prowess.
    I was accepted into mensa, true story. I applied and took a test after seeing a "women of mensa" article in playboy.
    07-26-13 07:00 PM
    +1 for the most part. I mean, a few years ago, Samsung phones weren't necessarily any better than iPhones--and arguably had some gaps--but that didn't stop users from buying them. So, there is something to raising awareness even if your product isn't necessarily "better than" the competition. However, other factors such as carrier availability and what-not likely contributed to user interest and uptake.

But yeah, BlackBerry products need to offer a compelling, differentiating feature that can be highlighted in ads and used to generate excitement. In the meantime, I think BlackBerry's marketing activities can focus more on its brand vs. its products and work to change negative perceptions.
    But that's because android got better along with better hardware. So it's not like Samsung did it themselves. Google had something to do with it. And blackberry 10 still isn't on par with the OS that Samsung gets to work with.
    07-26-13 07:47 PM
62 123