No it won't replace everyones desktop but it would work
    In a pinch for a lot of people and I suspect
    That todays smart phones rival desktops from
    ... Say 8 years ago? Just a guess but you know what I mean
    02-10-13 04:44 PM
    I am sorry, but but I am not going to be ditching my desktop/laptop anytime soon....

It's interesting what the power OF BB10 Can do, but not any time soon...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-13 08:53 PM
    Bert106 made a nice video of the z10 with an external monitor and mouse & keyboard hooked up
    BlackBerry Z10 using Bluetooth keyboard and mouse - YouTube original thread :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post7950927
    This is just amazing. good find
    02-10-13 09:40 PM
    This is just amazing. good find
    Yes bert106's demo is quite Intriguing.
    Not that I'm ready to but I could get by myself
    With a setup like this I think, and so could most of my
    Family once it was a little more polished
    It will be interesting to see what's coming down the pipe
    In the next few months.
    02-10-13 10:07 PM
    HDMI mirroring. Nothing special about it really..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-13 10:20 PM
    HDMI mirroring. Nothing special about it really..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Can droid output something to a TV while the phone is viewing something different?
    02-10-13 11:40 PM
    Can droid output something to a TV while the phone is viewing something different?
    On current HTC devices, one can. Not sure about Sammy.
    02-10-13 11:48 PM
    Not even a remote possibility it could replace a real computer.
    02-11-13 03:30 AM
    Well they need to try because potentially Windows Phone could become a dockable desktop environment pretty soon.

Since Windows Phone now runs on Windows RT potentially you could design it to output the desktop interface over HDMI. Or if Microsoft brought Windows Phone to X86 like Android is doing then you really would have a desktop OS when docked.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 04:33 AM
    Well they need to try because potentially Windows Phone could become a dockable desktop environment pretty soon.

Since Windows Phone now runs on Windows RT potentially you could design it to output the desktop interface over HDMI. Or if Microsoft brought Windows Phone to X86 like Android is doing then you really would have a desktop OS when docked.

Windows Phone runs on windows phone 8. Windows 8 RT is windows iteration for tegra /arm cpu based tablets like Microsoft Surface RT. It is different

02-11-13 04:35 AM
    On current HTC devices, one can. Not sure about Sammy.
    I know the Note 2 can (as well as the tablet), and with the latest update i'm pretty sure SGS3 can as well. LG i'm not sure about. All "droids" don't however, as they are all very different.
    02-11-13 10:17 AM
    This will not happen.
    02-11-13 10:33 AM
    Windows Phone runs on windows phone 8. Windows 8 RT is windows iteration for tegra /arm cpu based tablets like Microsoft Surface RT. It is different

Unlike Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8 runs on the same kernel as Windows. Windows RT is the name for Windows on ARM so effectively Windows Phone 8 runs on Windows RT.

02-11-13 05:47 PM
    Bert106 made a nice video of the z10 with an external monitor and mouse & keyboard hooked up
    BlackBerry Z10 using Bluetooth keyboard and mouse - YouTube original thread :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post7950927
    This clearly demonstrates the long-term potential of the BlackBerry OS 10 platform. For many people the set-up in the video is all they require for email, web browsing, chatting, etc. without the burden and expense of a full computer system.
    02-11-13 06:00 PM
    Long term potential. Right.
    If Heins actually believes this (of course many will believe it because he said it), then he is the one who should be "committed". GET IT - LIKE THE BB 10 DEVELOPERS. THEY ARE COMMITTED. That's funny. You can laugh.
    gordo51 likes this.
    02-11-13 06:03 PM
    The Seagate GoFlex WiFi 500 GB External Hard Drive allows you to transfer files or access files between the device and BlackBerry PlayBook and I would imagine the BlackBerry Z10. I wish it was a bit thnner and lighter so carrying it would be easier.
    One of the presenters at the experience forum said that seagate are working on bringing their apps to BlackBerry 10.

02-11-13 06:10 PM
    One of the presenters at the experience forum said that seagate are working on bringing their apps to BlackBerry 10.

Good to hear! Seagate chose the firmware route for the Seagate GoFlex allowing the BlackBerry PlayBook to access its content without a special application on the tablet; all you need is the web browser. So anything Seagate does to simplify access to their storage products, such as allowing integration into the smartphone/tablet filesystem, for BlackBerry 10 users is gravy on the mashed potatoes. LOL
    02-11-13 07:05 PM
142 ... 456