10-18-16 03:46 PM
33 12
tools
    Kiefer is Canadian . I wonder how many people know that Kiefer's Grandfather, Tommy Douglas is responsible for Health Care in Canada. In fact Kiefer insisted on playing him in a movie about this, but I digress.

Maybe Kiefer insisted they use a Cdn company for the devices
    10-18-16 11:31 AM
    Often, it's better to use something like a BlackBerry so that people won't be distracted by the use of outdated hardware or interface. If you are watching a TV show from a few years ago and they are using the iPhone 4 then it immediately looks dated and you think "Why are they all using old iPhones?". Most people can't tell how old a traditional BlackBerry is by looking at it.
    10-18-16 11:47 AM
    Often, it's better to use something like a BlackBerry so that people won't be distracted by the use of outdated hardware or interface. If you are watching a TV show from a few years ago and they are using the iPhone 4 then it immediately looks dated and you think "Why are they all using old iPhones?". Most people can't tell how old a traditional BlackBerry is by looking at it.
    True, and also I wonder if they went with a "third party" like Blackberry because Apple or Samsung never paid to sponsor the show. Often in shows we see a certain vehicle being driven but they will actually cover the logo on the front of the grille, but EVERYONE knows what it is if they know about cars, etc.

Maybe Blackberry did pay to sponsor this show. Might not be too difficult to find out...
    10-18-16 12:05 PM
    And better yet, they are using BB10 this time. Which is only proper, I think.

I mean, even House of Cards no longer uses BlackBerry, and they used to be so big about it in earlier seasons, with the legacy ones. They should be going on to BB10s by now, but I don't see it. They use iPhones and Androids, instead.
    10-18-16 12:11 PM
    Great to see BlackBerry products, I hope they don't do an episode where all hell breaks loose about email Leaks,haha

Sent from my 5 star BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-16 12:17 PM
    True, and also I wonder if they went with a "third party" like Blackberry because Apple or Samsung never paid to sponsor the show. Often in shows we see a certain vehicle being driven but they will actually cover the logo on the front of the grille, but EVERYONE knows what it is if they know about cars, etc.

Maybe Blackberry did pay to sponsor this show. Might not be too difficult to find out...
    I don't think BlackBerry has anything to do with this show. And if they do, logically they would push their Android lines instead of BB10. But that is not the case. BB10 is very strong here (and I LOVE it!!).

I think it's Kiefer pushing in his admirations towards BB devices and BB10 in particulars. I mean, it would looks weird if they are using legacy BB now, in 2016, so they go with BB10, appropriately.
    10-18-16 12:17 PM
    I believe Apple does not pay for product placement but will loan hardware for production companies to use. I would imagine that BlackBerry would do the same thing. Microsoft, on the other hand, clearly pays for product placement. NFL telecasts have to cover up their iPads.

I'll be Designated Survivor chose BlackBerry because it suggests government and security.
    10-18-16 01:17 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry has anything to do with this show. And if they do, logically they would push their Android lines instead of BB10. But that is not the case. BB10 is very strong here (and I LOVE it!!).

I think it's Kiefer pushing in his admirations towards BB devices and BB10 in particulars. I mean, it would looks weird if they are using legacy BB now, in 2016, so they go with BB10, appropriately.
    I remember the occasional movie after 2010 they would still use Motorola RAZR's and I would be like "oh yeah I had one of those in 2007"
    10-18-16 03:46 PM
33 12