The Headlines on the Yahoo home page say that Wall Street predicts RIM to be history in 2013. They list it as #2 only after American Airlines. Let's see what happens now, and if they can be proven wrong in their prediction. The little write up goes on to saying after the release of the iphone in 2007 the rest is history!!
    06-29-12 05:35 PM
    What exactly was the point of this thread? Let me guess, more "unfair, negative" reporting? Yesterdays earnings report didn't quite bring you back to reality did it?
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-29-12 05:38 PM
    I really had hope for this company. After yesterday and then today, reading what I read, kind of puts the nail in the coffin in my opinion. Was just kind of stating what I read, as more people are disappointed then not. This more or less just confirms things for me and upon reading this, I am thinking this phone will not even be released. If it is, it will probably have a different name on it
    06-29-12 05:48 PM
    I don't get you all! They moved the release date 1 (ONE) quarter!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a year- not forever.......................
    There still are some of us who love our phones and WILL wait for BB10. Those that want to move on go ahead. You act like RIM maliciously did this to you off. It is technology people.
    06-29-12 07:10 PM
    I don't get you all! They moved the release date 1 (ONE) quarter!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a year- not forever.......................
    There still are some of us who love our phones and WILL wait for BB10. Those that want to move on go ahead. You act like RIM maliciously did this to you off. It is technology people.
    Yes but they were already 3 quarters past the original delivery of 1Q 2012 (which that announcement killed BB7 uptake). Then is was pushed back to latter 2012 because of the unicorn LTE chipset, and now it is because the software isn't ready. Quite frankly 1Q 2013 is simply the next date to miss, or the conference call in that quarter is the next one to get the bad news that BB10 still isn't ready. Did you not hear on the call how their revenue dropped by 33% in one quarter and no new products other than ultra low end Curves that generate no money. How forgiving will BB10 dev's be to now wait another 4+ months to see ROI when they were being told up to this week that still on track for 2012? How many devs will shelve development till the platform stops being vaporware that keeps getting pushed back? How much of RIM's already poor credibility for delivering product was just wiped away? All RIM did yesterday was go from looking like a new focused and reinvigorated RIM with new management to looking like the same old RIM that misses delivery dates, over promises and under delivers.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    06-29-12 07:29 PM
    I hope they're wrong as well but I've begun to lose faith since the earnings call like many others. Sure its only pushed back one quarter but this is what? The 3rd time for bb10 to be pushed back. At a time when they can NOT afford it.
    I still love my 9790 and my playbook. They work great and I'll continue to use them. And I hope RIM has a future and if bb10 comes out I'll give it a shot I'm sure but things do not look good these days.
    06-29-12 07:35 PM
    I think a great many of you need to disconnect from the internet for the weekend. Sit back, relax. All this angst isn't good for any of you and it accomplishes nothing but a spiral of negativity.

There is nothing you can do about the current situation at the moment. Thing may truly be as bad as you think they are but really, what possible good can come of whining on CB?

Really you need to sign off and get some perspective. If you aren't a laid off employee of RIM's you are in a better position than some.

We all feel betrayed. Agree and move on. In the big picture of your lives, this is just a wrinkle. Who knows? There may indeed be some light at the end of the tunnel.
    Chinookman likes this.
    06-29-12 09:40 PM
    It matters because it is now guaranteed to come out after the iPhone 5 and how many more new Droids?

Alot of people think the BB10 will never come out now. People are sick of waiting and don't think Q1 will happen. It doesn't matter if it will. If People think it won't they are not going to wait around 6 more months to find out.
    06-29-12 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD