The battle between Apple and the US government is just the beginning folks. Our constitution protects us from big brother spying on our lives.

But, they will try and use the scary "T" word to get around our constitutional rights anytime sometime similar happens in the future and that's the real scary issue.
    Apparently the politicians think the constitution is a mere piece of paper.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    03-14-16 06:53 PM
    Facebook may be next on the hit list with WhatsApp.

I understand law enforcement's frustrations but there is a point on that slippery slope that I can't go beyond. Sadly I've grown much less trustful of those in power.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-15-16 08:01 AM
    A very good radio program on this topic aired this week on NPR.

This is especially for those who had any doubts about the surveillance that goes on everywhere and for the ardent supporters of android here who claim that Google and banks have not been hacked and that security holes are not INTENTIONALLY left in US OS-s to make the NSA's job easier.

http://freshairnpr.npr.libsynfusion....r-and-security
    Last edited by sorinv; 03-25-16 at 01:50 AM.
    03-25-16 01:30 AM
    John Chen publicly stated BlackBerry will bend over for law enforcement armed with a court order or warrant. The illusion of security in the face of words from the most senior company executive. If you run your own BES and only communicate with other smartphones on the same server you might be safe even from Chairman Chen.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Pretty scary the people here who think BlackBerry is more secure than apple or Android. With Chen actively supporting assisting the government in any way it's safe to assume all your BlackBerry's mics and cameras are on and sending info to all American agencies.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    03-25-16 03:13 AM
    What a hoot it would be if after all this posturing between Apple & FBI and bringing in a third party only to find nothing on this cell phone incriminating, but if course we will never hear the results.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 10:02 AM
    What a hoot it would be if after all this posturing between Apple & FBI and bringing in a third party only to find nothing on this cell phone incriminating, but if course we will never hear the results.

Posted via CB10
    If I had to make a bet, I would say that there is NOTHING incriminating on this phone. The terrorists destroyed their personal devices and made a computer hard drive disappear so it seems they knew what they were doing in that regard. If the work phone had evidence on it, I think they probably would have destroyed it as well.
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-25-16 10:06 AM
31 12