02-16-16 09:45 AM
48 12
tools
    Upon all things in the history of phones I have had (nexus 4, iphone 4s), I have NEVER had a problem with my passport. I think about switching back to android just because BlackBerry gave up on bb10 but then I realized why I switched in the first place.

With an iphone, when I went to a special event or simply long trip where I literally turned off my phone and turned it on only if it was for emergency...the battery drained in Less than 2 hours.

I would drive to an important appointment in Los Angeles with my gps and the phone overheated, turned off and on, and Google maps kept FORCE QUITTING on my nexus 4. I was late an hour.

The passport is the best phone I have ever experienced. It gets the job done. And the best part is that I know I can depend on it without any worries. Whenever the phone is slow, it just means I need to reset it and easily fixes the problem.

Posted via CB10
    martinjdub likes this.
    01-29-16 09:03 PM
    The Passport is my favorite of all the BlackBerrys I've owned. No issues at all.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    01-29-16 10:29 PM
    Have I ever had a problem with my BlackBerry...

Yes. I've had 2 curves suffer repeat ongoing trackball failures.
    I've had 2 Z10's die with a blue-screen-of-death.
    I've had 2 addition curves experience hardware mobo failures.
    I've had 1 Q10 start random character typing and missing key presses, it lives in a drawer now.
    I've had 1 PlayBook experience a motherboard failure.

So far I've had good luck with torches. Passports. Q5's. DAA, DAB and DACs

That's all I can think of right now. It's realistically been 50/50 with the home brew alpha units from Waterloo being more reliable than the units offloaded to China and Mexico for assembly.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Last edited by KermEd; 01-30-16 at 02:01 PM.
    01-29-16 11:00 PM
    Out of a 9000,9700,9900,Z10, Z30, Passport and now Classic the only issue I have experienced was a bad SIM tray in my Z30. BlackBerry repaired it like new in under a week. Mine have, with that one exception, been very reliable.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-16 11:55 PM
    Both front and rear cameras on my playbook stopped working at the 13 month mark.
    01-30-16 12:55 AM
    My Q10 used to have a double typing issue and random reboots that occured several times a day. The Passport didn't have any issues so far which is great.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 04:08 AM
    In 11 years and having tried all types of BlackBerry handset...NEVER.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 04:15 AM
    If you don't count a trackball getting stuck on a Pearl, as well as a massively crooked trackpad on my Bold 9900 with another that bricked on its own in the middle of the night, two Storm 1's with nothing but problems, a constantly rebooting Z10 with the worst battery life I've ever seen in a modern smartphone, and two different Passports with screens that have separated from the device, then no, I've never had a problem with a Blackberry.
    Elephant_Canyon and KermEd like this.
    01-30-16 04:27 AM
    I have had a trackball die on a couple of my bolds, I wore the keyboard out on my 7100i. I did have a couple of the early passports with the defective cameras.

Other then a few minor issues, Blackberry devices have been solid and reliable for me.
    01-30-16 04:57 AM
    at the 3 month mark my white 9780 had a total camera failure. I voided my warrenty by having the camera module replaced at an electronics store because there was no way I was going to wait a month while they ship it away and the loaner was going to be a flip phone!!! then the camera failed 2 more times after that. I still kept it, and no the camera doesnt work but everything else does.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-16 05:01 AM
    I had a Curve, Bold, Torch, PlayBook, Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30 and now a Passport, never any issues.
    Actually, I find it amazing that my PlayBook is still working like on day 1... there is no problem with the hardware, it's robust.

I had one Z10 with a defective screen out-of-the box, and sometimes the camera app on the Q5 didn't boot, but that's all.

When I look at the known software bugs of BB10 I find these still moderate compared to iOS or iCloud bugs (there seems to be a long history of unwanted downloads/uploads over cellular networks) and don't get me started with Android security.

Nevertheless, the Passport I have right now is from my employer.
    I was first thinking about buying one myself for pure private use, but was concerned about the double-typing issues some CB members have.

Actually, the Passport is so fantastic that I use it now for both work and private (on Balance), won't carry two devices with me any longer.
    01-30-16 05:46 AM
    Yes, i've had problems with BlackBerry phones and other Android phones. The difference is once BlackBerry phones have been "fixed" properly, they tend to be "fixed" for a longer period of time.

I've had a Galaxy Nexus and after about a year, with all the non-stop updates, it was going crazy, random photo taking, powering down, freezing etc, same with the One Plus One, it constantly hung and the voice quality was garbage (so couldn't even use as a phone).

Back to BlackBerry, I had double typing on two Q10s and almost threw my Passport out as it was stuck at 97% security wipe for almost 2 days. (can do a search on that near disaster) . The good thing is all these "problems" were fixed and all's smooth again.

Only major issue I had is with the Classic, it had too many problems, I had to almost give it away to a repair shop. The headphone jack port was very loose, the keyboard double typed, there was too much light bleed from the keyboard, the back lighting was inconsistent...I did however purchase this Classic second hand, so I had no warranty and I was always aware of the potential inherent problems buying used phones with no warranty. Maybe the Classic suffered from some damage by the previous owner so it is unfair to blame the phone.

I'm happy to keep using my Passport and Q10 as backup until they stop being able to cope with my needs. Also have a Q5 as a backup to my backup.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:12 AM
    Lots of Blackberrys, lots of problems. All man-made products can have issues.
    01-30-16 07:53 AM
    Lots of Blackberrys, lots of problems. All man-made products can have issues.
    I have had problems with all of them (5 BlackBerrys). Trackball issues, freezing OS, battery issues, double typing, etc. But I think it is par for the course for electronics.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:52 AM
    I have had problems with all of them (5 BlackBerrys). Trackball issues, freezing OS, battery issues, double typing, etc. But I think it is par for the course for electronics.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Not a Blackberry issue, but an electronics device issue.
    01-30-16 08:55 AM
    Upon all things in the history of phones I have had…
    bap, did you really think this thread was going to make Blackberry devices look good? You are literally asking for trouble.
    01-30-16 08:56 AM
    I've never had an issue with any BlackBerry I've owned. And I drop them and never use a case.

My wife and daughter have had tones of problems without their Z30. I'm holding off for the Priv to drop in price so I can get my wife away from the Z30 I got her just over a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:23 AM
    Had USB port failure ,track ball sticking ,otherwise NOT an issue of any kind. Hardware was and still the most durable. Even took a fall in an ice storm phone sent literally flying and apart from a little dent on that Z10 corner screen didn't Crack worked well to date.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 10:39 AM
    I dropped mine off the top of the Empire State Building and not even a scratch.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-30-16 11:45 AM
    my iphone 6s plus lasts longer than my passport. the plus ones have decent battery (~2700mAh) that lasts a lot longer both under usage and idle

and i did have issues with my blackberries. had 5 replacements for my 9780 because it just randomly stopped working. q10 was double typing and the battery wsa loose. the passport had a lifting screen and random battery drains...
    01-30-16 11:58 AM
    bap, did you really think this thread was going to make Blackberry devices look good? You are literally asking for trouble.
    To be fair it looks like he's only had 3 phones ever in 5 years, which to me means they all have worked pretty well for him.
    01-30-16 04:08 PM
    Have bought 9 BlackBerry 10 phones. Only had a screen freezing problem with one which was immediately replaced under warranty with another. All 9 are running strong today.

Prior to BlackBerry, I probably bought over a dozen other phones that died a premature death or problematic reliability with the exception of a Sanyo katana flip phone (it was even run over by a bulldozer one day and buried and found a day later when I called the phone looking for it and heard it ring - now that is a phone).

The bottom line is that I am impressed with Blackberry' reliability and durability, but experiences can vary.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:05 PM
    I have only had my q10 and passport. The q10 still functions well software speaking but the keybord is failing. The P and the A are sporadic in the responsiveness and the double typing issue is very prevalent. Had my used passport for about 3 weeks and runs flawless so far.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:13 PM
    Have bought 9 BlackBerry 10 phones. Only had a screen freezing problem with one which was immediately replaced under warranty with another. All 9 are running strong today.
    Out of curiosity, why did you buy 9 phones within the past 3 years? That seems excessive.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-30-16 07:43 PM
    I dropped mine off the top of the Empire State Building and not even a scratch.
    Congrats

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:50 AM
48 12