RIM is the only manufacturer who knows how to make keyboards these days, save the occasional HTC one.

In most cases, the keyboard is sacrificed for the form factor. The Pre and Droid are the two best examples of this. The Pre is tolerable while the Droid's keyboard is simply unusable. The Motorola engineers surely must have meant it as a cruel and unusual joke.

The Pre's keyboard is just small. Keyboards for midgets must have been Palm's mantra ever since the Centro.
    Every Motorola phone I've ever owned suckd...they have a lot to prove before I would consider them again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 03:54 PM
    Honestly can sayy was never a fan of thee keyboard phones, simply cause I could never qett use to them. Buhh once I qot my BB, didn't realli have a choice now, I sit here and thinkk qeez I realli missed out bakk then:P

05-19-10 03:58 PM
    Is that why the speed texting world record was set on a touch screen device using the swype keyboard?
    On an Omnia ll. I had one and it was an amazing keyboard. I loved it! I would give anything to have that keyboard back.
    05-19-10 04:00 PM
    The Bold 9000 keyboard was the best keyboard on a BB I ever had. Hands down.
    The most comfortable keyboard I ever typed on a smartphone. When RIM designed
    that thing they used pinpoint accuracy to design the way your thumbs just slip
    into each and every key.

I can't believe I just gave RIM credit for something good.
    05-19-10 04:03 PM
    Honestly can sayy was never a fan of thee keyboard phones, simply cause I could never qett use to them. Buhh once I qot my BB, didn't realli have a choice now, I sit here and thinkk qeez I realli missed out bakk then:P

I'm sorry t.wils but this post is hilarious.

I had the Pearl 8130 for about 8 months and love the keyboard with SurePress. Wasn't the best but it was pretty accurate (Surepress I mean).

Now I've got the Tour and while it took a while to get used the the keyboard (I've had it for 4 months), now I can pound out an email very quickly. It is a bit small for my hands but it's also phone after all.

I've tried an iPhone before and I wasn't very good at it but I didn't hate it. Just different.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 05-19-10 at 04:50 PM.
    05-19-10 04:47 PM
    I know im not the only one that prefers the iPhone keyboard am I? blackberry keyboards are good, but i was faster and more accurate on the iPhone.
    I type the fastest on the iPhones virtual keyboard than any other keyboard on the market. Multitouch keyboard is awesome.
    05-19-10 04:58 PM
    I have a feeling I would get better with time and eventually learn to like the iPhone's keyboard.
    05-19-10 04:59 PM
    The Bold 9000 keyboard was the best keyboard on a BB I ever had. Hands down.
    The most comfortable keyboard I ever typed on a smartphone. When RIM designed
    that thing they used pinpoint accuracy to design the way your thumbs just slip
    into each and every key.

I can't believe I just gave RIM credit for something good.
    Agreed. Best RIM keyboard to date. Credit is given when credit is due. This is the only thing I will give them credit for.
    05-19-10 05:02 PM
    my has the htc one on bt which is harsh on our hands but before he did have a curve the same as me which he has taken mine to work before
    05-19-10 05:38 PM
    I agree OP, that IMO as well BB's make the best keyboards out there...

Touchscreens are not my bag for many reasons, such as typing is painful, even on the easier touchscreen phones like an iPhone or BB Storm 1....just could not get the hang of it.

On my 9700 I can now type without looking and I am as fast on this as I am on a regular computer keyboard...

Took me about 50 seconds to type all of this...

05-19-10 05:47 PM
    agreed. Im fast on my 9700, was slightly faster on the 9000. tried a 9530, couldnt get used to it.
    05-19-10 06:43 PM

I think you need more practice.
    05-20-10 10:44 AM
    I got used to the Tour's keyboard. I've had it for five years now and I do pretty decent on it. I used to have a HTC 6800 on Alltel and man I loved that keyboard. I haven't tried an iPhone though but I have had experience with virtual keyboards and I actually can do decent on them too. But the thing that annoys me is you don't get the same sensation as a physical keyboard if you need to look at something else and still wanna type. If you are on a touch screen you have to be actually looking where you are typing.
    05-20-10 12:26 PM
    I'm sorry t.wils but this post is hilarious.
    Well am qladd i can amuse you, was starting to thinkk that people on here didnt have a sense of humor. but, that was all totally true...hehe
    05-20-10 01:18 PM
    I have the storm 2 and I really like the touchscreen keyboard
    05-20-10 01:26 PM
    Well am qladd i can amuse you, was starting to thinkk that people on here didnt have a sense of humor. but, that was all totally true...hehe
    At least we've got a sense of humor. Proper grammar and spelling is for schmuks.
    05-20-10 01:39 PM
    I love my Pre keyboard. *shrug*

I liked my Curve keyboard, and I would agree the one thing BB does better than anyone is the keyboard - but that wasn't enough for me anymore. I would rather have a superior OS and performance, no battery pulls, and loading more than 10 apps on my phone and a usable keyboard than a great keyboard and always being scared about app memory.
    05-20-10 02:01 PM
    ...Blackberry's are wonderful for many reasons. But first and foremost... Remember? It's the keyboard!!! Is there mobile device that even comes close to typing on a Blackberry? NOT!!! I stick with BB cuz I can peck out line after line with ease... Tried 'em all... Droid, iToy, HTseeya, none of 'em fit the fingers like a real Blackberry. ... I can't wait to peck out line after line of text on my beloved Tour!

Glad to see so many of ya have, clicked, thumbed, pecked, and tapped in your thoughts on the Blackberry keyboard. It looks like there a few of you that didn't agree with my original post and that's OK because as they say..."To each his own." My only issue is those of you that actually compare a "virtual keyboard" with real keys. Take this as you will... But.. You must be living in a "virtual world." Seeing those cartoonish letters and numbers pop up when I hit a key always makes me laugh

05-20-10 02:41 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD