So I've been with AT&T forever and I currently have an iPhone...BUT, I'm moving this fall and the place I'm moving to has horrible AT&T service. So, I'm going to have to switch to either verizon or sprint (I'm thinking verizon). I am going to get a blackberry but I know nothing about them. I've been looking at the storm but after hearing a bunch of bad reviews, I'm not so sure about it. The Tour also looks good, but like I said, I am clueless... What do you think is the best blackberry? Tour, Bold, Curve, Storm? Any advice would be great! Thanks.
    07-06-09 04:00 PM
    So I've been with AT&T forever and I currently have an iPhone...BUT, I'm moving this fall and the place I'm moving to has horrible AT&T service. So, I'm going to have to switch to either verizon or sprint (I'm thinking verizon). I am going to get a blackberry but I know nothing about them. I've been looking at the storm but after hearing a bunch of bad reviews, I'm not so sure about it. The Tour also looks good, but like I said, I am clueless... What do you think is the best blackberry? Tour, Bold, Curve, Storm? Any advice would be great! Thanks.
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get the Tour. Whatever Blackberry
    you get you're going to have the same learning process anyway. Might as well
    start with the flagship phone for Verizon.
    07-06-09 04:03 PM
    Yea, go with the tour, though the curve is a strong second (I have one with sprint). I don't know much about the storm, I just know its gotten some luke warm reviews

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 04:20 PM
    Yeah as of right now I'm leaning towards the Tour! Thanks
    07-06-09 05:00 PM
    Tour or curve. Sprint is cheaper. Reception is about the same (I have both.) Sprint would give you GPS access. Verizon locks it down, unless you pay extra each month.

07-06-09 05:03 PM
    Tour or curve. Sprint is cheaper. Reception is about the same (I have both.) Sprint would give you GPS access. Verizon locks it down, unless you pay extra each month.

This isn't true. VZW locks out aGPS, not GPS, to everything but VZW Navigator and BB Maps. Google Maps, Poynt, Amaze, Garmin, and other GPS programs work fine on VZW Blackberries like my Storm.

Put simply, the other GPS programs work fine, but it'll take longer to get a GPS lock than VZW nav or BB maps.
    07-06-09 05:16 PM
    Get the 8900 or the Tour
    07-06-09 05:54 PM
    After having an iPhone, your likely to be disappointed with any screen that is smaller than the Storm. My Storm has worked perfectly from day 1 and there's no other phone I would trade it for, but you need to decide what you like. Go to a Verizon store and spend some time playing with what's out.
    07-06-09 05:57 PM
    u could try a bold it runs sweet plus the track ball feels nice to roll
    07-06-09 06:44 PM
    Well if I were you I'd get the tour. If AT&T was good in the new area I'd say bold, but the tour is a very good alternate on verizon (:

07-06-09 07:28 PM
    Go for the curve.
    07-06-09 08:51 PM
    Go for the Pearl.

07-06-09 08:54 PM
    I had a Curve and now have a storm. I love em both. Since you had the Iphone previously maybe the storm would be better for you. But I really loved my Curve too... I actually might be switching to the Tour though lol...
    07-06-09 09:10 PM
    I am totally psyced for the Tour (username ) but the Curve looks very nice to me also the Storm looks pretty cool, and everyone I know with them seems to love it!
    07-06-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD