I really can't see myself buying another Blackberry phone but Android and Apple operating systems feel so clunky! We have them both in our house. I keep reading reviews to find out which mobile phone I should get next but everything else is a compromise.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 02:32 PM
    Where do you come up with this stuff? Enjoy your Z30 but please don't make things up about Android to make yourself feel better.
    Sorry I should have said in my opinion android is a mess. I have used it. And I hated it. And where do I come up with this stuff. Well go ask a random friend. How the like the hub a ND flo and the true multitasking on bb10.
    And how many of your friends will know what your talking about?

#luvmybb10os
    09-17-16 05:19 PM
    Sorry I should have said in my opinion android is a mess. I have used it. And I hated it. And where do I come up with this stuff. Well go ask a random friend. How the like the hub a ND flo and the true multitasking on bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    You mean the myth that BlackBerry multitasking is better than on other platforms? You are right though, it's your opinion and we are all entitled to one.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-17-16 05:22 PM
    I've jumped from Android to bb10 and I am loving it.

Blackberry Passport black !
    09-17-16 05:32 PM
    Still on BB10.
    Still better security and best workflow, still have my 50 apps for BlackBerry World.
    09-17-16 11:50 PM
    I made the switch. Now I have a Priv.
    09-18-16 12:31 AM

#luvmybb10os
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain this 'true multitasking of BB10' to me.

> BB10 is limited to 8 apps (active frames) running at a time. I have yet to max out running apps in Android.

> BB10 automatically closes apps to maintain the 8 running apps limitation. Android does not do this.

> BB10 does not have multi-window support. I can have 2 apps on the screen at once.

> Android also supports playing YouTube in the background. I use xposed framework for this.

> A number of apps can play audio in the background. I use SiriusXM for streaming, and BubbleUPnP to play local media, or media from home.

> Many apps available to Android have fully customizable heads up notifications. Reply to text, email, IM without leaving your current app. BB10 requires you to leave your app and go to the hub to reply to simple things.

>

Posted via Nexus 6p
    09-18-16 12:36 AM
    You mean the myth that BlackBerry multitasking is better than on other platforms? You are right though, it's your opinion and we are all entitled to one.
    The myth??? Now You re starting to pull my leg. So basically your an android fan on CrackBerry who has never used a bb10 phone. I get it now.

#luvmybb10os
    09-18-16 02:12 PM
    The myth??? Now You re starting to pull my leg. So basically your an android fan on CrackBerry who has never used a bb10 phone. I get it now.

#luvmybb10os
    I liked how I could multitask on my Z10. But I can multitask better on my 6p. Split screen mode and multiple cards (unlimited) are better.
    TgeekB, cribble2k and shaleem like this.
    09-18-16 02:26 PM
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain this 'true multitasking of BB10' to me.

> BB10 is limited to 8 apps (active frames) running at a time. I have yet to max out running apps in Android.

> BB10 automatically closes apps to maintain the 8 running apps limitation. Android does not do this.

> BB10 does not have multi-window support. I can have 2 apps on the screen at once.

> Android also supports playing YouTube in the background. I use xposed framework for this.

> A number of apps can play audio in the background. I use SiriusXM for streaming, and BubbleUPnP to play local media, or media from home.

> Many apps available to Android have fully customizable heads up notifications. Reply to text, email, IM without leaving your current app. BB10 requires you to leave your app and go to the hub to reply to simple things.

>

Posted via Nexus 6p
    I would say it's more about the fluidity of moving from app to app with out having to jump to different pages. Searching for open pages. Say you were writing an searching for somthing online and you need to check an email. In one motion you can enter the hub. Check email exit hub and your browser is still open waiting for you as an active frame. But notepad of the android way. Exit app. Go into email app search email. Exit email go back to open apps find browser app. There are just less steps on bb10.

And no you don't have to leave apps to answer things
    How many apps do you need open they are resource hogs. Why would you need more than 8?

Bb10 will play media in the background? YouTube. I don't need any special app for it.

#luvmybb10os
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    09-18-16 02:44 PM

#luvmybb10os
    I use, and am a fan of, both platforms.

I can assure you that multitasking works as well or better on BlackBerry Android. Memory management is superior and it's just as quick.
    09-18-16 02:56 PM

#luvmybb10os
    Actually, I've used many BlackBerry phones since 2007. I also currently use Android, so I know what I'm talking about.

Let's use facts. Last I saw, BlackBerry had 0.3% market share. That means most businesses use ios and Android. If things were so bad, these businesses couldn't compete, correct? Yet they are doing just fine. Notice I'm not mocking BB10, because though it has insignificant market share, it can do the job also. You see, most modern OS's can get the job done. That leaves the users who can't.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-18-16 03:40 PM

On BB10, the active frame apps are actually running and updating in real time. How this impacts battery is unclear to me, though, and something I wish Blackberry would clarify.

When Android and iOS run out memory to load new apps, they "tombstone" background apps. Basically, it's kind of like a hibernate state, but certain services, like the notification service, still run. So, yes, you can have more cards open, but typically only the most recent apps are running in the background. Here's how you can tell. If you have 10 apps open on Android and flip between the 9th and 10th apps you opened, they will load pretty quickly. Go and flip to the very 1st app you opened and there will be a slight delay as the app is reloaded into RAM and the screen is refreshed. This is more egregious on certain phones such as the Galaxy S6, though it was improved in a software update. Just Google "Galaxy S6 memory management."

From my experience, if you have tons of apps open and switch to one of the first cards, the load time isn't much different then just opening the app up from the app drawer.

I don't think most people use that feature, and though Google is implementing it into Android, it still is limited to certain phones and certain apps.

YouTube runs in the background without Xposed. On iOS, Apple originally locked down access to background services, but since has opened it up more due to the prevalence of media apps.

Some apps support the "reply from notification" feature; other apps use a Facebook Messenger-like "chat heads" feature. These are just a different take on the same goal of minimizing the number of steps it takes to reply to a message.

But these quick reply features float above the app, they still interrupt your use of that app. The Hub is always there, a peek and flow gesture away. Is it as fast as an Android quick reply notification? Perhaps not, but it's faster than minimizing the app, going to the home screen or app drawer, and finding and opening the app. And that's ultimately the goal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 07:46 PM
    Still bb10 but upgrading soon to Dtek50 or priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 11:35 PM
    Finally made the switch in April after 8 years with Blackberry. Currently using One Plus X.

09-19-16 01:23 PM
    I was the first BB10 user in my city with the Z10. Then on to Passport. The Passport was a great concept, but lacked accountability from both AT&T and Blackberry. After being replaced 3 times, I got a Note 5 as a replacement. I hate the phone, but it works, and I will launch on to something else soon enough.I just downloaded the Blackberry Hub. I was under the impression it was going to cost a buck a month, willing to pay that, but it was free on google play.
    I will keep an eye on these forums for updated Blackberry products.
    09-20-16 10:00 AM
    I went from BB10 (Z30/Z10) to a Samsung Galaxy S7 a few months ago so I have a fair amount of time with Android and Qualcomm's 820 processor.

So far, I am using BB Hub on android and really like the Android OS. Very simple and effective. Widgets are very cool. If the specs are accurate for an upcoming DTEK60, you'll be impressed with the performance of the 820 processor. It blows doors off my Z30 in terms of sheer speed, but RAM, etc may also help. When I download apps from Playstore, they install in seconds, not minutes. PlayStore for Android apps is superior to BBWorld as well.

All said, Andriod is solid and the new DTEK60 looks very appealing so all should be very impressed. a 21MP camera will be market leading. I thought BB was getting out of the handset business, but if they do in fact announce a DTEK60, I would HIGHLY recommend BB users to jump on board as the spec are top notch and market leading...Nobody will be able to find many flaws with that device compared to the lower DTEK50, IMO.

My experience on Android has exceeded my expectations so I feel all you BB fans will be very impressed.
    09-20-16 12:40 PM
    Blasphemy! Haha, just kidding.
    09-20-16 03:01 PM
    Samsung S7...I would've gone dtek50 but the providers didn't even have samples to handle!! That was almost a month ago... what do people expect, that we can just wait around for people to get their act together?! I'm not thrilled about the change but like I said am I supposed to just wait around?
    09-20-16 07:53 PM
    Samsung S7...I would've gone dtek50 but the providers didn't even have samples to handle!! That was almost a month ago... what do people expect, that we can just wait around for people to get their act together?! I'm not thrilled about the change but like I said am I supposed to just wait around?
    Order from ShopBlackBerry and return it if you don't like it.
    09-20-16 07:59 PM
    I jumped from bb10 to Android and I am very happy
    09-25-16 08:52 PM
    Has anyone switched over from a Passport to a dtek50? I was just wondering if it has snappier performance than the Passport. Plus, I was just wondering how much less is the battery life it has too? 40% less?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:07 PM
    Has anyone switched over from a Passport to a dtek50? I was just wondering if it has snappier performance than the Passport. Plus, I was just wondering how much less is the battery life it has too? 40% less?

Posted via CB10
    Certainly the horsepower is much improved over the Passport, and Android MM is very slick.

If you limit yourself to messaging, you will make it through the whole day, and then some. If you are power using many of the apps, games, and media you weren't able to use on BB10, you will have to charge mid-afternoon.
    09-25-16 10:13 PM
    I use, and am a fan of, both platforms.

I can assure you that multitasking works as well or better on BlackBerry Android. Memory management is superior and it's just as quick.
    Sometimes I wonder if you are paid by BlackBerry to drag us on the "dark side" with Android, specially by the amount of your posts and when you are comparing presumably a 2013 Z30 or a 2014 Passport with a 2015 Priv.

Beside apps YOU have the maturity to understand what BlackBerry10 WOULD be with some rifinement and an up to date processor.

So you can stop to make me think that you're in bad faith ... ;-P

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 04:15 AM
    Went to PRIV in Feb. 2016.

09-26-16 06:08 AM
83 1234