Bought a DTEK50, and I play with it daily, but I have no desire to switch to it yet. I still grab my Z10 when heading out the door. I'm just not using any apps that would make the switch an improvement, and I still much prefer the BB10 experience.

So, I've bought an Android, but haven't switched and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

I'm running my Z10 pretty close to stock, with Amazon app (and Amazon app store) stopped. (horrible resource hogs). No Cobalt/Sachesi/Snap/sideloads/etc.

I understand the value of apps and the lure of Android, but my setup is simplicity itself and runs like a stripped down Porsche 911

-- BB10
    -- Hub
    -- Remember (synched with with Evernote and Exchange synched)
    -- Contacts (synched with Google and Exchange)
    -- Calendar (synched with Google and Exchange)
    -- Browser
    -- SMS
    -- BBM
    -- Maps
    -- File Manager
    -- Photos
    -- Video
    -- Music
    -- OneDrive
    -- Box
    -- Dropbox
    -- 64 GB SD card

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 08:55 AM
    Z30 bb10. Until there are no other options with bb10. I dread the day I have to switch to another phone. I just paid $100 to fix the broken screen on my z30. Android is mess and people use it because BlackBerry never told them there was another option. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

People don't use android cause it's good. But because they don't know the difference

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 10:31 AM
    I haven't jumped, but in addition to my PP, I have bought a PRIV and a Note 4.
    09-15-16 12:05 PM
    Passport to Priv, no looking back.
    09-15-16 12:09 PM
    Still using my Passport (getting very close to 2 years now) but will check out new devices maybe in the new year. Everything is on the table for me, but it probably will be a mid-tier device. I am not a huge android fan (I have a old HTC m8 and a somewhat newer Huawei P2) but I don't like using either of them).
    09-15-16 12:35 PM
    Z30 bb10. Until there are no other options with bb10. I dread the day I have to switch to another phone. I just paid $100 to fix the broken screen on my z30. Android is mess and people use it because BlackBerry never told them there was another option. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

People don't use android cause it's good. But because they don't know the difference

Posted via CB10
    Where do you come up with this stuff? Enjoy your Z30 but please don't make things up about Android to make yourself feel better.
    cribble2k likes this.
    09-15-16 05:36 PM
    Where do you come up with this stuff? Enjoy your Z30 but please don't make things up about Android to make yourself feel better.
    Well, it is entertaining.
    09-15-16 05:46 PM
    Well, it is entertaining.
    I can't argue with that.
    09-15-16 05:49 PM
    no i didnt jump yet. its a dilemma what shall i do? but i wish bb survives and gives secure platform the way bb10 is or was bbos. Cant trust any other platform.
    09-15-16 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    +1

Those who are enjoying Android offered by BlackBerry, they don t have muc option left, if they wanted to go iphone surely they would have gone, Android on other hand is the massive use OS so, being said

Bb10 no future
    Apple : No

What's left is Android.

So, they went to Android because they don't have any other option. It's just the apps, remove all the apps from Android and let them choose, Android or BB10, result might be favoring for BB10, so those who went for Android from bb10 is just because of APPS. No offence to them.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 02:34 AM
    +1

Those who are enjoying Android offered by BlackBerry, they don t have muc option left, if they wanted to go iphone surely they would have gone, Android on other hand is the massive use OS so, being said

Bb10 no future

What's left is Android.

So, they went to Android because they don't have any other option. It's just the apps, remove all the apps from Android and let them choose, Android or BB10, result might be favoring for BB10, so those who went for Android from bb10 is just because of APPS. No offence to them.

Posted via CB10
    Except that some of us feel lost since we have Android right next to iOS on that "NO" list of yours lol

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-16-16 07:03 AM
    Bb10 no future

What's left is Android.
    BB10 low future
    Win: no future
    Apple: No
    Android : No

What's left is BlackBerry 10
    ...LoL

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    jope28 likes this.
    09-16-16 09:09 AM
    I will not buy an Android.

 Passport via CB10
    09-16-16 05:40 PM
    First choice I will buy only new blackberry phone qwerty keyboard android before Dec 31,2016 to continue apps whatsapp! Second choice Asus zenphone 3 or lenovo zuk

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 06:21 PM
    I have been on Android primarily, for 2-3 years. I still have a Passport though which I use here and there so I can keep up on things with BB10 as well. Day to day though it's almost 100% Android use for me. Nexus 6P.
    09-16-16 06:37 PM
    One of each. IOS because it "just works" like BB, unlike Android, but really sucks because of locking up files. Android because the first BB10 devices weren't very good. Love my Z30, especially the stereo speakers. Z30 would be my primary if it weren't for the speakers crapping out and needed something when I sent it to get repaired. Use the Z30 at home pretty much every day. Love the Hub
    09-16-16 09:41 PM
    Almost three years with the Verizon Z10, and still working great. So why do I have misgivings about the future? Wasn't the 7130e; but the Storm ( and then Storm 2) left me with some doubts about Blackberry's commitment. Along came the Torch and I felt better - much better. Enter the Playbook and I didn't hesitate. Wow, I thought fruit flies had a short life!! Worse yet, BlackBerry didn't give a rat's azz about their customers. So now with my loyalty stretched I was ready to jump ship, and then, the z10, and the promises of keeping up with the rest of the world. Excuse me, the empty promises, but hey, I'm getting used to this BlackBerry policy. For now, I prefer the Z10 and the BB OS, but the writing is on the wall, and the characters don't appear to be spelling out the word BlackBerry.
    09-16-16 10:52 PM
    Just upgraded from Z30 to Priv, with Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 11:20 PM
    BlackBerry10 is still better than the rest to me, even iOS.

It just lacks apps and some refinement.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JulesDB; 09-26-16 at 04:03 AM.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-17-16 02:13 AM
    I was a fierce proponent of BB10. Owned all of the devices. Pre-ordered the Passport after the device announcement online. I definitely fell into the see how it works out/let them iron out the bugs first camp. I am on iOS now. For me personally, even though I wanted to switch right away, I've been sitting tight and observing whether or not BlackBerry has been committed to ironing out a lot of the kinks in the Android/BlackBerry collaborative. They have been, so now it's time to switch.
    09-17-16 05:50 AM
    When you say apps, you actually have to say games because aside from some productivity and social apps, 80% of downloaded apps are games. Says Apple's statistic.
    In my case I'm still very happy with the out of box experience of BB10. Now on the Passport SE which has enough juice in it to keep me going for some time. And then there will be something appropriate in the end for us Android and iOS naysayers.
    Just wait and see and be happy with what you have if it still works for you. You just have to overcome the itching and the desire for The New (new doesn't always equal better and you know that.. . There's more to life than the little computers in our pockets.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 07:29 AM
    When you say apps, you actually have to say games because aside from some productivity and social apps, 80% of downloaded apps are games. Says Apple's statistic.
    Productivity apps such as your bank app, work tools, communications, document management, etc. are used for years while games are often just distractions for weeks. A lot of people have more games on their smartphone than productivity apps. That doesn't mean we are playing games all day.

Now that BB10 and Windows Phone are clearly EOL, the app issue has finally been laid to rest - what kind of smartphone can't run apps?

It's over.
    Last edited by early2bed; 09-17-16 at 11:45 AM.
    TgeekB and shaleem like this.
    09-17-16 08:42 AM
    Haven't switched. My next phone will be another Passport unless BlackBerry gets serious about duplicating their BlackBerry productivity apps for the Android ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 10:49 AM
    Nope 10BB

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:37 AM
    I've switched between my Passport SE and a Moto X Pure various times this year. The simplicity of Android and things just working are nice as opposed to all the workarounds needed on BB10 to keep the Android apps I use going. A couple years ago I would have said iOS is much better than Android but thanks to hardware and OS improvements they're pretty level these days. Both are valid choices although neither really excite me or feel as natural as BB10 (or webOS) does.

I like the Moto X but Lenovo has ruined it so I'm back on BB10 for now. BB10 (the OS and native apps) is just a much more fluid and consistent experience and ultimately the diminishing app support is going to eventually force me away.

That said I just ordered a Priv from Amazon Warehouse deals that should be here next week so I may see if I like it any better with all the BlackBerry touches and constant updates.
    09-17-16 01:16 PM
83 1234