I bought a replacement housing from ebay. The seller stated it was genuine, but I contacted them first to confirm and they stated it was.

I fitted it this morning, but it didnt feel right. The keyboard was of a different construction, the back cover didnt lock in and a few other signs too.

What I wondered was, is there any actual way of telling if I have been sold a fake (aside from the ****ty construction of the replacement) ?
    08-18-11 08:43 AM
    Hmmmmm If it doesn't fit right maybe they gave you the wrong model or I guess it could be fake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:56 AM
    I bought a replacement housing from ebay. The seller stated it was genuine, but I contacted them first to confirm and they stated it was.

I fitted it this morning, but it didnt feel right. The keyboard was of a different construction, the back cover didnt lock in and a few other signs too.

What I wondered was, is there any actual way of telling if I have been sold a fake (aside from the ****ty construction of the replacement) ?
    It depends on what you are expecting when you say 'genuine.' Even the term OEM does not mean what is used to. Quality will vary depending on who makes the parts.
    08-18-11 08:57 AM
    It depends on what you are expecting when you say 'genuine.' Even the term OEM does not mean what is used to. Quality will vary depending on who makes the parts.

Well I'm a straightforward kind of guy, so if someone says a product is Genuine I expect it to be:

possessing the claimed or attributed character, quality, or origin; not counterfeit; authentic

I get what you are saying...but I think thats probably a sellers way of trying to mislead
    08-18-11 09:06 AM
    to be honest, dont trust ebay sellers.

use a trusted seller like TrueSupplier.
    08-18-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD