If I see something that catches my eye, yes.

There are no official channel's for out of warranty repairs for popularly purchased corporate BB10 phones (Z10, Q10, Z30, soon the Passport). Instead convincing corporate decision makers it's ok to pay a PO or corporate credit card to fix a BB10 at a grey market opportunist to repair corporate phone - ESPECIALLY when it's not my phone (I'm in I.T. service desk but much more) it doesn't make a reasonable argument.

Case in point:
    $150 to purchase a Z30 silver on kijiji in Toronto right now.
    $150 for corporate vendor to send into BB to repair screen and screen housing on Z30. We have to wait at least 2-3wks shipping to vendor, then to BB, then from BB to vendor then back to us (including repairs). Why is there no solution to ship directly to BB to repair for the end user or corporation?!
    Two points to make here.

First, wouldn't it be best to buy an authorized device from Amazon to have around in case one of the other devices need service? and second, screens with the frame are dirt cheap.

You'll get no argument out of me on why there isn't a direct route to BB repair. That is a dumb move on their part.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 01-29-16 at 01:48 PM.
    01-29-16 01:36 PM
    I've stopped reading the front page (even though I should, by your metrics), but that's because the Mobile Nations app doesn't do front pages. Conversely, the forum experience in the CB Android app is worse.
    Mobile Nations does have Front Pages...it listed as "Blog" at least on iPhone's CrackBerry Forums
    01-29-16 01:38 PM
    I no longer read the front page. There are a number of reasons; more Priv focused, BB/RIM news is better in my financial papers/sources, not a fan of the new layout as it takes more space for less information on smaller screens, etc.

I go straight to the forums.
    Really miss some of Chirs analysis on BlackBerry.... but the experts here kinda drove him away.
    01-29-16 01:39 PM
    Good observation OP. Even Kevin "Founder" probably doesn't visit the CB site a lot, any more.
    Everything comes and goes; nothing lasts forever.
    01-29-16 01:49 PM
    Mobile Nations does have Front Pages...it listed as "Blog" at least on iPhone's CrackBerry Forums
    Well, not the Android app.
    01-29-16 01:57 PM
    I am starting to visit the site a lot less, and when I do, I go straight to the passport section to look at the photo thread and I'm out
    01-29-16 04:36 PM
    I agree that Mr. Parsons is doing as good a job as he possibly can. He does really good work here.
    Just playing the hand he's dealt.
    The "hand" is the issue, not the one playing the hand lol

It is curious to see a pattern in the type of replies to this thread and looking at how long those same ppl have been members of the site.

Some are willing to follow BlackBerry through this transition and others need to do some thinking before deciding if Android is the platform they eventually want to switch to when BB10 is no longer an option some years down the road.

Even though I carry two devices (Passport and Q10) I still have a Pearl 3G, 9320 and 9790 and use one of them once in a blue moon for a crazy reason lol
    So, if I find that a legacy device is still usable for me for something, I'm sure the Passport will be with me for a while no matter what BlackBerry does or doesn't do with BB10 lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    +1000! The articles are as well-written as they have always been. I personally see Crackberry as the home of bb10, and we the BB10 users, as the foundation of this community. In fact, I stated long ago that there would be a huge division in this forum when we heard talk of an android-flavoured BlackBerry.

I'm here really for the community aspect of things. That, in itself is what saddens me to see what used to be avid BB10 users turn into 'doom and gloomers'. Yes, BB10 will further strugle with app support as time goes by. I ask, do you remember a time when it had wonderful app support? That's the name of the game folks, and that was the case scenario long before the Priv.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    Couver81 and jope28 like this.
    01-29-16 05:37 PM
    May I ask why?
    Being a fan of BlackBerry technology != being a fan of BlackBerry Ltd., its management, its direction, etc. The BlackBerry company and products that I was interested in were built around a unique proprietary operating system, with a very elegant and well designed user experience and powerful foundational operating system.

BlackBerry Ltd. management has been making strategic and logistical errors time and time again over the last 4 or 5 years, and I (foolishly, perhaps, in retrospect) kept on hoping they'd get it together and find a way to make products based on BlackBerry 10 sustainable, which would in turn generate further investment in the platform.

The fact is that I still believe a sustainable business based on BB10 was possible, until BlackBerry Ltd. basically announced to the universe that BB10 is dead, making statements that encourage developers to switch their efforts to Android development, etc., etc., etc. and the Ron Louks bait-and-switch with the Slider was really the last straw. Anyone who makes emotional OR financial investments in BlackBerry technology is foolish: BlackBerry has shown time and time again that they care very little for their own product or most loyal customers. They don't deserve our interest, nevermind loyalty or our hard-earned money by way of investing in their products.

I will be glad if BlackBerry goes completely bankrupt, because when you treat your customers the way BlackBerry treats its customers, that's the outcome that SHOULD happen. I'm not gratified by a company going bankrupt due to sheer ineptitude, which BlackBerry management has exhibited on numerous occasions... but it's clear to me now that BlackBerry investors and the C-level executives just don't care about BlackBerry customers. The glib comment Chen made when the Priv running Android was announced about the CrackBerry guys "killing him" or whatever showed how very un-seriously he takes his core customer base. You know, the BB10 enthusiasts. The ones that kept BlackBerry ALIVE over the past few years.

BlackBerry should be yet another object lesson in what happens to a company and the investors' share value when they let management treat customers with contempt, not just out of desperation, but as standard operating procedure.

BlackBerry being successful would be their reward for how the last 6 years went down: each successive management team taking their turn and, in the end, each shoving their customers under a bus with a twinkle in their eye. I make the exception of Jim and Mike: they may have missed the boat on the rise of the capacitive touchscreen 'craze', but I don't think they ever had it in their minds to just abandon their core customers like whatever happened with Thor and subsequently with Chen (with Louks whispering in his ear).

I'm willing to admit everything above is subjective, even outright wrong, so no one needs to reply with counterarguments, because the fact is I don't give a damn.

This poor fool is bound to be fired for being honest. BlackBerry management: mortified that a high-ranking member of BlackBerry's management team would ever not try to mislead their customers!
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 01-29-16 at 09:55 PM.
    01-29-16 09:45 PM
    Being a fan of BlackBerry technology != being a fan of BlackBerry Ltd., its management, its direction, etc. The BlackBerry company and products that I was interested in were built around a unique proprietary operating system, with a very elegant and well designed user experience and powerful foundational operating system.

BlackBerry Ltd. management has been making strategic and logistical errors time and time again over the last 4 or 5 years, and I (foolishly, perhaps, in retrospect) kept on hoping they'd get it together and find a way to make products based on BlackBerry 10 sustainable, which would in turn generate further investment in the platform.

The fact is that I still believe a sustainable business based on BB10 was possible, until BlackBerry Ltd. basically announced to the universe that BB10 is dead, making statements that encourage developers to switch their efforts to Android development, etc., etc., etc. and the Ron Louks bait-and-switch with the Slider was really the last straw. Anyone who makes emotional OR financial investments in BlackBerry technology is foolish: BlackBerry has shown time and time again that they care very little for their own product or most loyal customers. They don't deserve our interest, nevermind loyalty or our hard-earned money by way of investing in their products.

I will be glad if BlackBerry goes completely bankrupt, because when you treat your customers the way BlackBerry treats its customers, that's the outcome that SHOULD happen. I'm not gratified by a company going bankrupt due to sheer ineptitude, which BlackBerry management has exhibited on numerous occasions... but it's clear to me now that BlackBerry investors and the C-level executives just don't care about BlackBerry customers. The glib comment Chen made when the Priv running Android was announced about the CrackBerry guys "killing him" or whatever showed how very un-seriously he takes his core customer base. You know, the BB10 enthusiasts. The ones that kept BlackBerry ALIVE over the past few years.

BlackBerry should be yet another object lesson in what happens to a company and the investors' share value when they let management treat customers with contempt, not just out of desperation, but as standard operating procedure.

BlackBerry being successful would be their reward for how the last 6 years went down: each successive management team taking their turn and, in the end, each shoving their customers under a bus with a twinkle in their eye. I make the exception of Jim and Mike: they may have missed the boat on the rise of the capacitive touchscreen 'craze', but I don't think they ever had it in their minds to just abandon their core customers like whatever happened with Thor and subsequently with Chen (with Louks whispering in his ear).

I'm willing to admit everything above is subjective, even outright wrong, so no one needs to reply with counterarguments, because the fact is I don't give a damn.

This poor fool is bound to be fired for being honest. BlackBerry management: mortified that a high-ranking member of BlackBerry's management team would ever not try to mislead their customers!
    But what does any of that have to do with CrackBerry? I apologize, I thought you were saying that you were giving up on CrackBerry as if this site was doing a bad job or something wrong.
    01-29-16 10:32 PM
    The glib comment Chen made when the Priv running Android was announced about the CrackBerry guys "killing him" or whatever showed how very un-seriously he takes his core customer base. You know, the BB10 enthusiasts. The ones that kept BlackBerry ALIVE over the past few years.
    Anyone else getting a bad vibe here?
    01-29-16 11:24 PM
    But what does any of that have to do with CrackBerry? I apologize, I thought you were saying that you were giving up on CrackBerry as if this site was doing a bad job or something wrong.
    Nothing, but that, unfortunately, is where things are skewed. The majority of the posts in here have nothing to do with CrackBerry. People directly relate BlackBerry to CrackBerry. It's not CrackBerry (most) people are having issues with; it's BlackBerry and the way things are now. Jope28's comments are as relevant here as they were in the other comment.

The "hand" is the issue, not the one playing the hand lol
    In any case, I've covered this stuff plenty of times in the past so not going to go into a crazy explanation here..

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe...l#post12205327

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe...l#post12205994

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe.../#post12120776

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe...l#post11674801
    01-30-16 02:13 AM
    I don't read as many articles due to the lack of BB10 devices and news. Truthfully, most of what I learned about Blackberry was from the Crackberry forums. The articles either validated or disproved the rumors and information in the forums. The forums have slowed as well, but there is usually some interesting dialog around problem solving for hardware or software issues.

Posted via CB10
    I too find CB a tremendous source of information when I'm troubleshooting. In fact, it's often the FIRST place I look for a solution. Most often, someone else has already tackled the issue and it saves me time in the long run.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-31-16 01:27 PM
    I'm slowed down a lot. I still get on to see if I can win a contest one day though.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    01-31-16 09:06 PM
    Prior to the Priv I personally used to love checking the front page articles. Now that the Priv has taken centre stage, I've completely abandoned reading the article feeds.

I've also noticed that in recent times the articles are not getting the same volume of comments like they did in the good ol days.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    Me too

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 10:36 PM
    They should rename the CrackBerry blog to Accessories Sales, App and Social Media for Priv Reviews.

This place now reminds me of the song Lost That Loving Feeling.

Here's some ideas for blog articles, because you should never say you ran out of stories.

• BB10 opinion pieces, focusing on why BB10 is #1
    • Stories about original BlackBerry Employees who are still there (not just stories of key people who left)
    • Articles about cool BB10 features, and user-case scenarios
    • Motivational stories about customers and why they like BB10 and even BB0S

That's just some ideas. And please don't tell me that all news/stories have been exhausted. The people who currently write are doing a great job, but maybe CrackBerry needs some new blog writers -- people who use BlackBerry and really like it. You need more advocates for BB.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    02-10-16 10:52 AM
    The sad thing is when BlackBerry was on top, Crackberry had a reason for being, we loyal BlackBerry users have (had)a place to chat, vent, raise question ....the news page is now mostly Priv related....it makes me wonder if Crackberry will cease to exist in the near future...as with all good things ...they must come to an end....I can see a "rebranding" of our beloved Crackberry....possibly even a new name......thoughts?.....

Posted by BB10 OS...The World's Best OS!
    02-10-16 11:17 AM
    Of course I still read CrackBerry. If you care about BlackBerry, it's the place to go.

I find that many users here have become way too political about the whole thing recently.

No matter whether you're using a legacy device like a Bold, a BB10 device, or even a new Android BlackBerry phone, you'll find information here and you'll be able to discuss all the topics around it.

It's a great place to discuss BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 12:21 PM
    They should rename the CrackBerry blog to Accessories Sales, App and Social Media for Priv Reviews.

Here's some ideas for blog articles, because you should never say you ran out of stories.

• Stories about original BlackBerry Employees who are still there (not just stories of key people who left)

That's just some ideas. And please don't tell me that all news/stories have been exhausted. The people who currently write are doing a great job, but maybe CrackBerry needs some new blog writers -- people who use BlackBerry and really like it. You need more advocates for BB.
    For the most part CrackBerry doesn't create the news they report it. What you are suggesting sounds like church or possibly a lifestyle magazine.
    02-10-16 12:31 PM

Let's go through the list:

• BB10 opinion pieces, focusing on why BB10 is #1: Totally not a circlejerk. Also, not news.
    • Stories about original BlackBerry Employees who are still there (not just stories of key people who left): Is there any long-term employee left? Maybe the janitor.
    • Articles about cool BB10 features, and user-case scenarios: Exhausted, deal with it. 10.3.3 won't bring anything new, either.
    • Motivational stories about customers and why they like BB10 and even BB0S: Not news.

In short, you want to turn the news site into a "BB10 master race" echo chamber.

And by saying "advocates for BB", do you mean the company or BB10? Because declaring jihad on the Priv is pretty counterproductive for someone who would claim to have the company's best interests at heart.
    02-10-16 12:55 PM
    For the most part CrackBerry doesn't create the news they report it. What you are suggesting sounds like church or possibly a lifestyle magazine.

In short, you want to turn the news site into a "BB10 master race" echo chamber.

And by saying "advocates for BB", do you mean the company or BB10? Because declaring jihad on the Priv is pretty counterproductive for someone who would claim to have the company's best interests at heart.
    Wow, that's the problem with this site I guess - the mentality of people like the above.

Sorry, I didn't know you guys were on the CrackBerry board of directors or drafted the mandate of what this site should report.

With that thinking, might as well just turn off the lights and shut er down.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    02-10-16 01:24 PM
    Can someone please tell me what news there is to report on BB10 that hasn't already been reported? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 01:32 PM
    No...
    02-15-16 02:09 PM
    Most articles on CB front page are sales awards anyway, like special offers for what ever protection shell for what ever mobile or other crap... not worth looking at.
    And lately almost every post is PRIV related only so sod it...

the leak forum is what I used to check on frequently, every thing else is just a comedy...

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-16-16 04:54 AM
    The main problem is that some CrackBerry die-hards are wanting these forums to be where they make their last stand with BB10, however, BlackBerry's adoption of Android has tainted their "safe place". webOS die-hards still have webOSNation all to themselves even today.

CrackBerry should consider dividing the forum so that BB10 users have a safe place to commiserate as the platform winds down. People will be using BB10 handsets years from now but their voices will be drowned out by the discussion of the newer BlackBerry devices.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-16-16 06:13 AM
    The main problem is that some CrackBerry die-hards are wanting these forums to be where they make their last stand with BB10, however, BlackBerry's adoption of Android has tainted their "safe place". webOS die-hards still have webOSNation all to themselves even today.

CrackBerry should consider dividing the forum so that BB10 users have a safe place to commiserate as the platform winds down. People will be using BB10 handsets years from now but their voices will be drowned out by the discussion of the newer BlackBerry devices.
    Eh? I don't see Priv owners dumping on BB10 articles. The opposite happens all the dang time. This is a BlackBerry website, not a BB10 website. Maybe all the BBOS people should go away too?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    02-16-16 01:02 PM
104 12345