CrackBerry should consider dividing the forum so that BB10 users have a safe place to commiserate as the platform winds down.
    Or CB can do none of that, while the thin-skinned and thick-skulled can buzz off to Tumblr?
    DrBoomBotz, Witmen and TgeekB like this.
    02-16-16 01:15 PM
    CrackBerry should consider dividing the forum so that BB10 users have a safe place to commiserate as the platform winds down. People will be using BB10 handsets years from now but their voices will be drowned out by the discussion of the newer BlackBerry devices.
    Isn't that what the 'Blackberry 10 OS' sub-forum is for?

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    02-16-16 02:36 PM
    Isn't that what the 'Blackberry 10 OS' sub-forum is for?

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    yes it is, but the Android-newbies on CB didn't realise that they got there own sandbox under "Android BlackBerry Phones & OS"... so that's why this folks keep on splattering all over the place.

Posted via -Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.++
    ZeBB45 likes this.
    02-16-16 04:45 PM
    I don't visit as much as I used to - maybe twice a week - BlackBerry for me is an obsolete operating system (BB10) and is effectively eol. When my Z30 no longer works I'll be off to another platform but not BlackBerry handsets. After 12 years it's rather sad but I feel BlackBerry just do not value their loyal customers.

Other tech sites now seem more relevant.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:34 PM
    yes it is, but the Android-newbies on CB didn't realise that they got there own sandbox under "Android BlackBerry Phones & OS"... so that's why this folks keep on splattering all over the place.

Posted via -Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.++
    LOL, dude the "experienced" BB10 folk can't seem to differentiate between the Priv forums and BB10 forums either.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:49 PM
    LOL, dude the "experienced" BB10 folk can't seem to differentiate between the Priv forums and BB10 forums either.

Posted via CB10
    well but this "experienced" BB10 folk at least don't dump all over in that Android section trying missionary to change OS believe, that's the different.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-17-16 03:40 AM
    I still read the front page several times per day. Guess I am stuck with my old habits and nothing wrong with that. I love blackberry phones and have quite a stash of them in addition to one windows phone and a bunch of android phones (on which I installed the Priv apps especially the hub which works as good as my regular bb devices). What I really miss is the BB9900 hybrid section. It was exciting. I looked forwards daily to new addions and responses. I breeze by negative articles or stupid articles (in my opionion). I would like to see Blackberry put the Priv apps on Google Play store. Even then I will still keep and play with my BB devicess both legacy and os 10 and read the front page daily. And yes I even use my playbook!
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 02-17-16 at 04:18 AM. Reason: semantics
    02-17-16 04:17 AM
    The main problem is that some CrackBerry die-hards are wanting these forums to be where they make their last stand with BB10, however, BlackBerry's adoption of Android has tainted their "safe place". webOS die-hards still have webOSNation all to themselves even today.

CrackBerry should consider dividing the forum so that BB10 users have a safe place to commiserate as the platform winds down. People will be using BB10 handsets years from now but their voices will be drowned out by the discussion of the newer BlackBerry devices.
    It's so crazy that WebOS pretty much the foundation of PlayBook features never had a chance cause even today you have Apple now borrowing some of there features. And I'm pretty sure when BB10 becomes obsolete like WebOS I'm sure Android and Apple will borrow even more features from it and what a big deal ppl will make saying what awesome features they have now lol.

It's sad to see BB10 with the same faith as WebOS. Again, all the blame should to go BlackBerry for constantly making mistakes after mistakes after mistakes and again and again STILL making mistakes!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 08:14 AM
    But Priv is still a berry, anyways I Check it every night but AC too often

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-16 05:05 PM
    Nothing but covers and swag for sale postings on the cb site now a days. They have moved on too. There is nothing to celebrate or anything exciting about BlackBerry any more.

I'll just keep rocking my passport until it doesn't rock any more and then I'll move on too. Sad!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 05:17 PM
    I only ever ventured through CB for the forums... The actual blog posts are simply filler or entertaining only on the comments front. For news on BlackBerry, I read the BlackBerry blogs and carrier blogs. The front page stuff CB posts I always caught in 140 characters or less on twitter. That's more than enough. The articles never held my interest like the forum content did. I'd rather hear from my peers, not from random bloggers with inflated superstar complexes who get paid to review, promote or leak info to a target audience. Those types are a dime a dozen. However, the trolling and such that goes on in the threads has always been priceless... HaHa

So, to remain on topic and address this thread appropriately:
    My interest in CB's featured articles remains the same. All kinds of 'meh'... But YOU guys? ❤️ Just ❤️...
    DrBoomBotz and bmorgan67 like this.
    02-18-16 05:53 PM
    Evan though I've switched to iPhone I still check crackberry berry daily with my BlackBerry z30 on WiFi

With a glimmer of hope I'll find something positive for os10

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    02-18-16 08:10 PM
    I definitely don't read the CB articles as frequently as I used to. In fact, I had started reading them so rarely, I had deleted the app and began using the bookmarked mobile site instead. Each time I see a headline with Priv in it, it alienates me even more. Of course I understand that CB doesn't create the news; they just report it, so I don't blame CB. But it feels that not only is BB10 in the throes of death--CB is being sucked into the abyss right along with it. Perhaps that's inevitable.

I suppose the thing that pisses me off the most is the way Chen has treated loyal BB10 customers almost with contempt. How does he get off, essentially, teasing BB10 loyalists with a slider, http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-a...erry-10-slider and then, saying, "Surprise, BB10 lovers! It runs Android." SMH.

--~~--~~--~~--~Et tu, Chen?~~--~~--~--~~--
    02-18-16 09:42 PM
    Yes, very little relevant stuff lately... or forum users asking when you will give up on bb
    02-18-16 10:17 PM
    Open the application once in 2 weeks.

6 months before I used to check every 1 hour.

There is nothing for a BlackBerry 10 device user here because of the no sign of a future BlackBerry 10 device.

Sent from Passport
    02-18-16 10:44 PM
    I still check in once a day but each time I get more and more disappointed with the direction BlackBerry is taking. I fear the grim reaper is near.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 11:05 PM
    I've never been good at giving up on anything. BLACKBERRY, just rip the band aid off already!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 11:08 PM
    Depressing reading this thread. But, again, it is a slap to reality and we have to adjust.
    Me, I still love BB10 and legacy BB but my other foot is into the android scene (with occasional dip into the windows phone os but not enough interest there for me).
    02-19-16 03:46 AM
    I'm here for nostalgia. Q10/Z10 by my bed as occasional switch phones...
    02-19-16 05:35 AM
    Use to check and contribute several times a day. Now that it's all Private I only check in 3 or 4 times a month and rarely have anything to say.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:25 AM
    Hire Chen to do a reorg, clean this up, and consolidate the focus on Android
    02-19-16 10:01 PM
    I still use my BlackBerry 10 devices happily and proudly. There are some phenomenal people in the forums that contribute greatly to my usage and understanding of my devices. The Android play is OK but honestly if I wanted an Android device I would have bought one a couple years ago. I have several Samsung Android tablets for entertainment and that solidified me and my wife using BlackBerry 10 for as long as it's viable, supported and meets our needs. I thank all those that contribute positively on these forums!

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-19-16 10:27 PM
    The day Kevin left CB became juste another fansite

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:37 AM
    well but this "experienced" BB10 folk at least don't dump all over in that Android section trying missionary to change OS believe, that's the different.

No, but they do contribute heavily to the trash talking that occurs on the forums. Anything Priv related pops up, "it's Crapdroid", " that's not a BlackBerry", etc etc. It goes both ways.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-20-16 09:42 AM
    As a BB10 user... would I miss anything... by not reading the CB articles?

All special offers and Droid this days...

02-20-16 02:11 PM
104 ... 2345