I skip reading the posts and forum activity related to the Priv or Android. Just doesn't interest me.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and Flatman like this.
    01-28-16 10:38 AM
    I have never used a BB10 device, but I used to read CB articles daily. Since Priv took the center stage, I just read the BB10 forums nowadays!
    jope28 likes this.
    01-28-16 10:44 AM
    I was actually just thinking about how I used to religiously check crackberry for any bb10 news. And lately it is more of the Android persuasion. Which I have no interest in. So I find myself looking less and less. I occasionally check the forums. But I don't dwell to long on front page as stated it's all android.

But. What do you do. BlackBerry doesn't seem to give a flying toss about bb10. Since Chen took over they seemed to drop it and focus on other things hoping by some miracle people would buy a product that they know nothing about never head of and is constantly put down by phone sales. But that is a mother story.

So yes I don't really check the article on cranberry very much anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 11:21 AM
    Went from every day all day to maybe once a week.
    Too much negativity.
    Too little BB10 stuff.
    Too many BB bashing trolls. (Try say something good about BB and see how they manifest like clockwork.)
    Times change. People move on. No worries. UTB seems to be the place to hang now days.
    At least at UTB you don't get a infraction for defending BB on a BB forum.
    An overly zealous fanboi can be just as offensive as the most reprehensible troll. Infractions aren't issued on opinions or defense of them, they are issued directly for violations of the rules which are spelled out here: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums , rules that were agreed to when one becomes a member of CrackBerry.com.

Every member who violates the Guidelines gets plenty of chances to reform their forum behavior, those that cannot are the ones swimming under the bridge, now. I hear the water is quite warm, but probably not from the springs.
    01-28-16 11:31 AM
    I never did read the front page articles that much, unless they got traction in the forums; then I'd have a look.

Things can get tense around here when there's no new product or announcement of a new product to discuss. At one time, we had major BB10 updates to speculate about, and we could speculate about whether the features we wanted would be in them. At the moment, we have no new product announcements, beyond the very wispy rumors of the Vienna, and no major BB10 updates to anticipate. We're reduced to hoping the Android runtime gets fixed.

To have discussion-worth front page articles, BlackBerry has to do something interesting. At the moment, most of what they're doing is working hard to get their Android software up to speed. That would include getting Marshmallow ready. I assume the announced security enhancements to BB10 are also being worked on. But all of that is just hard work behind closed doors, not the kind of stuff you can float a headline about.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-28-16 11:32 AM
    I read the front page ~twice a week. Used to enjoy Umi's articles.
    Flatman likes this.
    01-28-16 11:53 AM
    was checking crackberry site couple times a day most to see other ppl reaction on articles, since Priv out I check Crackberry couple times a week ... sooner I think it is going to be couple times in a month
    01-28-16 11:55 AM
    Until I don't get a Priv that will be never I'm not longer interested in the articles, Ok it's normal, the Priv is the new guy in Town but seems alone in town.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 12:42 PM
    I'm interested in all types of tech so I will continue to read the articles.
    Couver81 likes this.
    01-28-16 12:54 PM
    Before long there will be more Android BB users than there are BB10 users so I doubt Mobile Nations cares about the small majority of you who feel slighted because they aren't reporting that there is no BB10 news to report.
    Witmen likes this.
    01-28-16 04:58 PM
    When that happens Mobile Nations will probably just make CB a "sub-forum" in Android Central. No need to keep us around just to report on occasional BES and QNX stories.
    Just Me likes this.
    01-28-16 05:23 PM
    First!

Oh yes, the good ol' days. I used to relish reading the CB news, anticipate updates and drool over leaked rumors. Maybe it's because I'm older or that my phone does everything I need it to but my CB enthusiasm is waning. I though Connectedly would fill the gap but it doesn't either. I still come by to keep a finger on the pulse but the CB app is relegated to a 3rd screen app.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 05:23 PM
    We're reduced to hoping the Android runtime gets fixed.
    That'll be fixed soon.
    01-28-16 05:25 PM
    When that happens Mobile Nations will probably just make CB a "sub-forum" in Android Central. No need to keep us around just to report on occasional BES and QNX stories.
    Nah. Have you seen WebOS Nation? webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help
    01-28-16 05:29 PM
    I've stopped reading the front page (even though I should, by your metrics), but that's because the Mobile Nations app doesn't do front pages. Conversely, the forum experience in the CB Android app is worse.

Either way I think I'm done with BlackBerry for personal use, I've gone to carrying 2 phones now, at least until work pulls the trigger to let the horses out the gate.

reason: Blackberry has joined the "me-too" to force hardware upgrades yearly. There are no official channel's for out of warranty repairs for popularly purchased corporate BB10 phones (Z10, Q10, Z30, soon the Passport). Instead convincing corporate decision makers it's ok to pay a PO or corporate credit card to fix a BB10 at a grey market opportunist to repair corporate phone - ESPECIALLY when it's not my phone (I'm in I.T. service desk but much more) it doesn't make a reasonable argument.

Case in point:
    $150 to purchase a Z30 silver on kijiji in Toronto right now.
    $150 for corporate vendor to send into BB to repair screen and screen housing on Z30. We have to wait at least 2-3wks shipping to vendor, then to BB, then from BB to vendor then back to us (including repairs). Why is there no solution to ship directly to BB to repair for the end user or corporation?!
    BB10 hold-outs will be subject to this more and more as the months progress until they decide to finally switch to another mobile OS.

At least on iOS I can extend the warranty to 3yrs, the life of a 3-yr corporate contract (allowable by CRTC). The part that really gets me ... even Android phones have a few manufacturers that support 2yr warranty or more (very few but it's getting better). Not even the Priv offers that.

So ... I wait the decision change and will switch to a platform I enjoy just as much as I do BB10 but with peace of mind for warranty coverage and BES12 support for corporate data and security which we use.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-28-16 05:49 PM
    I've given up on CrackBerry for the most part. When I switch to iOS inevitably I may start peeking at iMore but the way this will probably play out is that there are plenty of sources of iPhone info, and speculating about the next iPhone is tedious... because it will be almost exactly the same as the current one with some upgrades. The best iPhone info source so far for me (as the casual iOS user, hardly a fan) has been David Pogue's stuff on Yahoo: he does a great job surfacing cool hidden features of iOS, in an entertaining way.

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    01-28-16 05:56 PM
    I still check in. I like tech and enjoy seeing what is going on. The experiment with the Priv interests me so I don't mind the Priv stories.

I love BB10 but the reality is that there is nothing major to report these days. I am sure that will change when the upcoming updates roll out. At least for a bit.

I think the forums are in a worse state with these battle lines drawn between different platforms. And fans of all sides going at it a bit too emotionally.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    01-28-16 05:57 PM
    An overly zealous fanboi can be just as offensive as the most reprehensible troll. Infractions aren't issued on opinions or defense of them, they are issued directly for violations of the rules which are spelled out here: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums , rules that were agreed to when one becomes a member of CrackBerry.com.

Every member who violates the Guidelines gets plenty of chances to reform their forum behavior, those that cannot are the ones swimming under the bridge, now. I hear the water is quite warm, but probably not from the springs.
    Under The Bridge...? Is that a funny side hint at UTB and those who left for it...?

:-D

No offense. I'm still visiting CB...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-28-16 06:15 PM
    I've given up on CrackBerry for the most part.
    May I ask why?

I for one think Chris is doing a fine job. CrackBerry is a site for BlackBerry users. I've never once seen it referred to as a site for BB10 fanboys/users only. The Priv is a BlackBerry and CrackBerry has done a great job of covering the news related to that BlackBerry.

What should they be doing? Ignoring what is perhaps the single most important product to be launched in the company's history?
    01-28-16 06:28 PM
    All I need is my browser. I don't read headline of BlackBerry as there is none. The most fun part was OS leak. But not no more
    01-28-16 06:43 PM
    I no longer read the front page. There are a number of reasons; more Priv focused, BB/RIM news is better in my financial papers/sources, not a fan of the new layout as it takes more space for less information on smaller screens, etc.

I go straight to the forums.
    01-28-16 07:17 PM
    May I ask why?

I for one think Chris is doing a fine job. CrackBerry is a site for BlackBerry users. I've never once seen it referred to as a site for BB10 fanboys/users only. The Priv is a BlackBerry and CrackBerry has done a great job of covering the news related to that BlackBerry.

What should they be doing? Ignoring what is perhaps the single most important product to be launched in the company's history?
    I agree that Mr. Parsons is doing as good a job as he possibly can. He does really good work here.
    Just playing the hand he's dealt.
    The "hand" is the issue, not the one playing the hand lol

It is curious to see a pattern in the type of replies to this thread and looking at how long those same ppl have been members of the site.

Some are willing to follow BlackBerry through this transition and others need to do some thinking before deciding if Android is the platform they eventually want to switch to when BB10 is no longer an option some years down the road.

Even though I carry two devices (Passport and Q10) I still have a Pearl 3G, 9320 and 9790 and use one of them once in a blue moon for a crazy reason lol
    So, if I find that a legacy device is still usable for me for something, I'm sure the Passport will be with me for a while no matter what BlackBerry does or doesn't do with BB10 lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    Ecm and Bla1ze like this.
    01-28-16 07:49 PM
    "Have any of you fellow BB10 users stopped reading CB articles?"

Even though I dislike the Priv, I still check in just to see what's going on. The good news is that the site still covers other stories like the wireless carrier affairs, free apps, app reviews, and the occasional, but rare BlackBerry 10 news. Hopefully Chen will wake up and realize that Android only is not a good idea.
    01-28-16 10:14 PM
    I read whatever interest me. There was a financial guy who would post articles after BBRY quarterly reports and I miss those articles. Still love my PP and just got a PRIV which I am really learning to appreciate. It too is a wonderful phone.

As for the trolling and the negativity, I just ignore it all. I don't have the time or the inclination to get involved in that kind of stuff.
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-29-16 09:27 AM
    I read them all the time.

Jaglenn's Passport
    01-29-16 10:03 AM
104 1234 ...