Prior to the Priv I personally used to love checking the front page articles. Now that the Priv has taken centre stage, I've completely abandoned reading the article feeds.

I've also noticed that in recent times the articles are not getting the same volume of comments like they did in the good ol days.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-27-16 05:00 PM
    I've stopped reading the front page (even though I should, by your metrics), but that's because the Mobile Nations app doesn't do front pages. Conversely, the forum experience in the CB Android app is worse.
    BerrySoul and cantina4me like this.
    01-27-16 05:20 PM
    I check there on occasion, my CB10 app is set to open there.
    01-27-16 05:29 PM
    Prior to the Priv I personally used to love checking the front page articles. Now that the Priv has taken centre stage, I've completely abandoned reading the article feeds.

I've also noticed that in recent times the articles are not getting the same volume of comments like they did in the good ol days.

As with everything if life, there is change. For some of the loyal Blackberry users, the companies move into Android based devices was a slap in the face and they feel the company is abandoning them and OS10. But that is a choice that personally I think was a wise move and had to be made for the device divisions survival, but time will tell.

For myself, being in the automotive industry my entire life has made me see a lot of changes, not only in the dynamics of how the industry markets their products. By how they have adjusted to their new business model by reducing their workforce to adjust to changing times (sound familiar).

I have seen some once iconic brands shelved and new ones being created at the same time. But I am still here as with the automakers. What this has taught me is to never count on something being around forever and to embrace new technology and adapt to the changing times.

Crackberry is not just a site I go to for technical information on Blackberry devices. It's a site where I have made a lot of great friends. I really enjoy reading the new post on the members experiences and I also enjoy writing post for people who enjoy reading them.

As you said, the number of post is not as many as there once where because the Blackberry brand is in a rebuilding phase just like the automakers where in 2008-2009.

But we are still here sharing our love for the Blackberry devices whether they are OS10 or Android based. For myself, that's the important factor that keeps this great site alive and kicking. Just my two cents worth.
    01-27-16 06:05 PM
    OP, I'm sure Bla1ze would love to hear any ideas for BB10 articles that would generate significant hits. This is a business after all.

In the meantime, relevant BB10 news is generally reported, but there just isn't much of it unfortunately.

Perhaps you can start a weekly thread discussing some interesting BB10 features, or consider submitting an article for the news or editorial page.
    Last edited by conite; 01-27-16 at 06:45 PM.
    01-27-16 06:33 PM
    I don't read as many articles due to the lack of BB10 devices and news. Truthfully, most of what I learned about Blackberry was from the Crackberry forums. The articles either validated or disproved the rumors and information in the forums. The forums have slowed as well, but there is usually some interesting dialog around problem solving for hardware or software issues.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul, jope28, lift and 2 others like this.
    01-27-16 07:30 PM

Nice point. Product lifecycle has reduced significantly and no one product can take a company through for the next two years if any changes are not made. Prior to the Priv BB10 took the centre stage and generated lot of interests . It was important decision to move on to the Android as writing was on the wall. Time will tell if it is a right decision.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    01-27-16 07:59 PM
    Well, what is there left to talk about bb10? Except that chen is shutting it down? But yes I get rather annoyed to go on the CB app now.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul, jsmith00075 and heepman like this.
    01-27-16 08:10 PM
    I agree, OP.
    No longer as "engaged" with the front page posts on the CB10 app.
    But am making an effort to try to feel like this site is still a good fit for me. The forums are still good with mostly good people, so that's always good.

It's like some of us are noticing that the ones that switched platforms from BB10 to the Android-BB are missing the "Crack" element that makes us Crackberrians (I half kid lol)

I actually politely asked in the comments of the last podcast posting if they could provide a time stamp on the list of topics they provide.
    The host of the podcast basically ended up saying that he didn't have time for that and further down commented that we should abandon and pick another company to follow if we preferred to avoid the Android portions of the podcast. We are defenseless but for our sense of humor lol

http://crackberry.com/berryflow-upst...cast-hollywood

Have any of you fellow BB10 users stopped reading CB articles?-img_20160127_233504.png

Have any of you fellow BB10 users stopped reading CB articles?-img_20160127_233529.png

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    01-27-16 09:40 PM
    I skip all the priv crap.

  
    jope28, lift and Flatman like this.
    01-27-16 09:43 PM
    I agree with the OP. Hope it makes a comeback along with blackberry one day. The last 3 years were actually pretty fun with all the new devices and rumors. Nothing crackberry can do though it's not their fault

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 10:19 PM
    I went from every morning to about once every week or two.

Posted via CB10
    jope28, lift, heepman and 2 others like this.
    01-27-16 10:22 PM
    I still keep up with CB on almost a daily basis. Priv is the future of BlackBerry handsets.

Like BlackBerry, CrackBerry must evolve and adapt or go extinct.

I'll be using BB10 for some time to come, but that doesn't mean I have to stick my head in the sand.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    01-27-16 11:46 PM
    I read the forums nightly on my playbook. Yup....PlayBook! I still love bb, even though they had to go droid. On my CB app on the playbook, the front Page is all playbook related. The same headlines for 6 months! I just hit the forums for the latest posts
    jope28 likes this.
    01-28-16 12:16 AM
    I still drop by to read any Blackberry news as a force of habit. My loyalty to BB is fading rather quickly as my Passport is sitting idle on the shelf and I enjoy my Galaxy S6 Edge more and more. By this time next year, I will most likely delete this App. After 12 loyal years to Blackberry, it's time to say bye bye.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    heepman likes this.
    01-28-16 03:36 AM
    Went from every day all day to maybe once a week.
    Too much negativity.
    Too little BB10 stuff.
    Too many BB bashing trolls. (Try say something good about BB and see how they manifest like clockwork.)
    Times change. People move on. No worries. UTB seems to be the place to hang now days.
    At least at UTB you don't get a infraction for defending BB on a BB forum.
    jope28, lift, Al moon and 4 others like this.
    01-28-16 04:53 AM
    Went from every day all day to maybe once a week.
    Too much negativity.
    Too little BB10 stuff.
    Too many BB bashing trolls. (Try say something good about BB and see how they manifest like clockwork.)
    Times change. People move on. No worries. UTB seems to be the place to hang now days.
    At least at UTB you don't get a infraction for defending BB on a BB forum.
    Defending BlackBerry and BB10 is possible without being a jerk about it.

Uzi, reeneebob, BergerKing and 3 others like this.
    01-28-16 08:22 AM
    I would like to see more news about BlackBerry the company. Either Kevin was more connected to BlackBerry, or Chen is keeping a very tight grip on information. I couldn't care less about what Sprint is doing, the news about the carriers has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

To answer the OP's question, I scan the headlines on the News page, but rarely read an article.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-28-16 08:50 AM
    I haven't had this experience myself, I've said many nice things about BlackBerry10 without someone trolling me.

Purely speculation, but have you considered that maybe it's how you are writing your posts?

Too much negativity.
    Too many ... trolls.
    ...UTB seems to be the place to hang now days...
    I won't point out the irony, good luck with that! Of course they can't give infractions, their blog model is trolling and opinion pieces. They were also one of the first to go pro-Android (likely when they realized they needed to cover the Priv for their blog to survive).

There is nowhere left for BB10 hardcores... and that's OK, adaption is required. But I personally wouldn't pitch that as a BB10 user sanctuary.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Uzi, reeneebob and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-28-16 09:41 AM
    Same thing, brother. If I want to check how's Android doing, i'm going to AC.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 09:47 AM
    Defending BlackBerry and BB10 is possible without being a jerk about it.

Exactly my sentiments

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Ecm and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-28-16 09:47 AM
    After having checked out CB's front page several times a day for many years, at present I only check the Z30, BB10 OS and general forums occasionally. My main interest at the moment is Nemory's Face 10 app which, although still in beta, is really progressing fantastically.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    silversmith75 and Sparksx like this.
    01-28-16 09:48 AM
    I agree, OP.
    No longer as "engaged" with the front page posts on the CB10 app.
    But am making an effort to try to feel like this site is still a good fit for me. The forums are still good with mostly good people, so that's always good.

It's like some of us are noticing that the ones that switched platforms from BB10 to the Android-BB are missing the "Crack" element that makes us Crackberrians (I half kid lol)

I actually politely asked in the comments of the last podcast posting if they could provide a time stamp on the list of topics they provide.
    The host of the podcast basically ended up saying that he didn't have time for that and further down commented that we should abandon and pick another company to follow if we preferred to avoid the Android portions of the podcast. We are defenseless but for our sense of humor lol

BerryFlow Upstream Podcast - Hollywood | CrackBerry.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160127_233504.png 
Views:	1639 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	389312

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160127_233529.png 
Views:	1636 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	389313

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    I guess he is happy talking to himself.
    jope28, PantherBlitz and heepman like this.
    01-28-16 09:55 AM
    I subscribe to CB's BBM Channel. If I see something that interests me, then I'll open up the app and read the story. It's happening less and less since the Priv was launched. I still have an interest in BlackBerry and it's business units so I like to read about QNX, BES, Watchdox and the like. Fan sites though tend to focus on devices (for obvious reasons) so CrackBerry is doing its job there. I simply have less interest in Android than I do in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and Stewartj1 like this.
    01-28-16 10:13 AM
    I glance at the front page, but find myself in a similar position to many - I am on BB10 (Classic) and will be for another year +, because I'm on a 2 year contract. I don't have the free cash to run out and just grab new phones willy-nilly.

With the increasing PRIV/droid focus, which is perfectly understandable, I find less to read.

If I wind up on one of the droids, then I'll likely do more reading on the front page.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-28-16 10:22 AM
104 123 ...