Cruising around Facebook I found this post and the comments really flipped me off...

The hate is strong tho..-img_00000470.png

The most liked comment is mocking BlackBerry..

And the replies..

The hate is strong tho..-img_00000471.png

One points out it's a BlackBerry and gets mocked again :/

I know it might sound like a useless thread, but it just shows how the world sees us..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    notafanboy likes this.
    01-27-14 04:10 AM
    Well, hopefully Chen can provide the much needed leadership to turn things around.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-27-14 04:26 AM
    let them be.

who cares?

its how you look at your phone that matters.

if you own a blackberry, and see it like they do, then the world's finished for you (until you get an upgrade). Simple as that.
    01-27-14 04:27 AM
    Doesn't mater what people say ,just matters that they talk about you,because when they do it means you are in their thoughts and that's good
    01-27-14 04:35 AM
    I use BlackBerry and I myself don't think it's cool but it's practical.

Why does everyone need to use something that others think is cool??? Just do you.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:29 AM
    If you're looking for a major phone platform that doesn't get made fun of, you'll be without a phone.
    01-27-14 07:37 AM
    I would agree it bothers me too and when I see comments like those, I tend to get very defensive about it. I think at the end of the day though (like others have said) it comes down to your preference and what you know your phone can do for you. Why did you get a BB phone over anything else? There is bound to be a good reason.

At the end of the day, I just let my BB speak for itself. It is a communications phone that can easily outpace any of my friends on Android and iOS when it comes to texting, emailing, posting to social media, etc. "Oh, you guys are still typing out that tweet? Just finished that and updated my FB status too".

Don't let the hate bog you down. No matter what it is in life, go with whatever suits you the best, not someone else.
    acovey likes this.
    01-27-14 07:39 AM
    I don't recall this level of loathing towards Palm in it's dying days or the year(s) leading up to them. Lots of apathy, but nowhere near this kind of outright hatred.
    01-27-14 07:45 AM
    and the point of the thread is what... it is common knowledge how the majority views BB... do not know why hate even comes into it... is simply a smartphone... not a person...
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-27-14 07:50 AM
    and the point of the thread is what... it is common knowledge how the majority views BB... do not know why hate even comes into it... is simply a smartphone... not a person...
    Having an opinion about something is okay.. but going out of your way to mock it and the people using it is another story..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-27-14 07:54 AM
    Why do people have this over overweening need to make device branding such a personal thing? How is a phone personal, other than its contents? It's not like anybody personally handcrafts their own phone, and it does unique things. It's a phone. It isn't a relationship, it isn't a religion. It's a short-term possession, a tool - it's inevitably replaceable.

When I was a young fella, growing up in Orangeville, Ontario, there was a scene that repeated every Friday night in the Canadian Tire parking lot. You would see a dozen (or more) Ford F-150 pick-em-up trucks parked in a row, with the hoods open. The local farm guys would be standing around, checking out each others' engines, nodding and kee-yucking. "Yep, she's a heckuva motor, yup, yup". These vehicles were - for all intents and purposes - identical. Week after week. But no Chevy guys were there in the Crappy Tire parking lot - the Chevy guys were at the DQ. And no doubt the Dodge guys were somewhere else... admiring their pickup trucks. And here we are, thirty years later, and nothing much has changed. Whether it's your favourite automotive brand, or underpants brand, or phone brand... it's just a thing. It doesn't need any emotional investment; it just has to work. No drama.

It's funny, and it's sad. People argue and bicker about these possessions as if it's the most important thing in the world. It isn't, but oh the agony as another day goes by and some keyboard commando makes the wrong remark about my phone. Woe is me, how will I ever survive?

Yeesh.
    01-27-14 07:54 AM
    You have to admit that old blackberry looks like some funky calculator. The comments are how blackberry is and has been perceived for some time now in some places so it isn't surprising to see comments like that. We should all be use to that by now.
    world saviour likes this.
    01-27-14 08:03 AM
    I don't recall this level of loathing towards Palm in it's dying days or the year(s) leading up to them. Lots of apathy, but nowhere near this kind of outright hatred.
    To be fair, it was a different time, different players, and fewer options. When Palm was on the demise (I'm using 07/08 as my frame of reference), smartphones were barely a commodity. Having a combo PDA and phone was still a fresh concept , so Palm didn't have to struggle with lost mindshare on the way down.

It's different now though. Try rocking a Treo in public today. If one is sensitive to people "hating" on a BB device, they'd lose it when folks crack on Palm LOL.

Even WebOS doesn't get the love it deserves IMHO.
    01-27-14 08:05 AM
    Hey don't worry about it and have some pity for the poor old iFan these days. They have been acting out on the anxieties hoping for the day when their hardware gets updated to the industry standard.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, Playbook007 and Loc22 like this.
    01-27-14 08:30 AM
    You can find people mocking BlackBerry here in the CB forums. Why would it surprise anyone to find it on Facebook? I think Facebook has a few more users.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    01-27-14 08:33 AM
    Well, hopefully Chen can provide the much needed leadership to turn things around.
    Turning the company around is an admirable and necessary goal. But it cannot be done if the brand is being destroyed like this. Brands are usually resilient and bounce back really great when they do: Apple Coca-Cola, Nike, are just a few examples. But it was company image that was destroyed and for those their products did NOT hold the same name as their product - which in my mind is a VERY stupid move especially when the last executive board members knew the brand was being beaten up.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-27-14 08:40 AM
    You are all currently on a mobile phone fan site and you are reading about a Phone. :0(

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:08 AM
    It's because they are scared......really scared! BB10 is really coming together. We will soon have direct loading of android apps. BlackBerry World is expanding and with great apps like igrann, BlackBerry Express, etc, combined with the power and usefulness of the z30 the big players need BlackBerry dead and now. Once the consumer realizes BlackBerry has broken into the App game in a huge way, things are definitely going to change. Stock is going to soar in 6 to 9 months. BlackBerry Is going to gain huge strength over the next few years. Fantastic platform.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    01-27-14 09:22 AM
    Turning the company around is an admirable and necessary goal. But it cannot be done if the brand is being destroyed like this. Brands are usually resilient and bounce back really great when they do: Apple Coca-Cola, Nike, are just a few examples. But it was company image that was destroyed and for those their products did NOT hold the same name as their product - which in my mind is a VERY stupid move especially when the last executive board members knew the brand was being beaten up.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    The branding will turn soon enough. Once BlackBerry BB10 units have all the apps, with awesome hardware and the best OS on the market, people will take notice in the trenches.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:27 AM
    To be fair, it was a different time, different players, and fewer options. When Palm was on the demise (I'm using 07/08 as my frame of reference), smartphones were barely a commodity. Having a combo PDA and phone was still a fresh concept , so Palm didn't have to struggle with lost mindshare on the way down.

It's different now though. Try rocking a Treo in public today. If one is sensitive to people "hating" on a BB device, they'd lose it when folks crack on Palm LOL.

Even WebOS doesn't get the love it deserves IMHO.
    That's true, the mobile landscape certainly was different. You also didn't have everybody with a relatively anonymous 24x7 web access in their pockets spewing opinions on everything as soon as one pops into their heads.

As for WebOS, maybe it doesn't get the love, but it sure doesn't seem to get the hate, either. I'm not sure which is worse -- negative attention or no attention at all!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-27-14 09:43 AM
    webOS was given a lot of tech love because, at the time, it was seen as the most likely "iPhone Killer". Everyone was looking for the next great thing. Android seemed floundering before Verizion annointed it as its chosen iPhone Killer over webOS. Now we have a duopoly between Apple and Google with a solid third (and not going anywhere) with Windows Phone. The perception is that the market doesn't need Blackberry except for the keyboard.
    01-27-14 09:53 AM
    That person most likely used that 'calculator' back then and didn't admitted it.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-27-14 10:07 AM
    Every platform has its downside. iPhone having a terrible keyboard and sometimes too app dependent to run a lot of things and no flashplayer. Android being klunky for some users. Some say it is laggy and requires reboot more than anyone wants to. BlackBerry not having the apps people want and "not cool". I don't know anyone who has a WP.
    So really, all has their ups and downs. Making fun of others choice of device is just a poor excuse to make themselves feel better about their choice. There are some who actually chose the platform cuz it fits their need.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    01-27-14 10:18 AM
    Oh who cares. At the end of the day does any one really care who uses what kind of phone? From a keeping BlackBerry alive perspective people in here care, but anyone that would publicly to your face make a big deal over what phone platform you are using then they have real problems.

The level of mocking and trash talking in here that occurred when the iPhone was launched was legendary. People went all out in making fun of the iPhone and the features it didn't have and how it was behind the times blah blah blah. The shoe is on the other foot now and so BlackBerry gets made a little fun of, big deal. If you are happy with your phone that's all that really matters. BlackBerry will either rise out of this or limp along for a few more years. Either way, we will all be fine and use what platforms are available, which could be one that hasn't even been brought to the market yet.
    01-27-14 10:27 AM
    I have my Blackberry because in my opinion it is a decent phone , note my opinion and I am not interested in anybody elses as I have little intrest in what phone they have.
    acovey likes this.
    01-27-14 10:39 AM
34 12