I was just thinking about this, there are a ton of rip-offs, and those that are not, usually have worse QWERTY pads, sometimes much worse, than the BB devices.

Now other than HP before they fell down the wire, I have yet to feel a great QWERTY keyboard, or felt a fully functional rip-off of Blackberry QWERTY devices.

Here are some examples:

This phone has a very unresponsive and very unstable feeling pad, lack of pressure in the buttons, and feels like it can break. and it does.

Freeform 4 above has a crap camera, Has that breakable plastic feel (Samsungs devices mostly have this problem.) Thar rectangle in the pad will make it hard to get used to and not as resposive, unthreaded messaging.

And more.

However, Palm devices had good QWERTY to bad HP flew out the window with phones

However, have you used a QWERTY or BB rip-off device with a good keyboard?
    01-05-13 10:43 AM
    My pre 3 and old Samsung BlackJack both had really good keyboards. And surprisingly the palm pixi was pretty good too.
    01-05-13 11:00 AM
    RIM has also licensed their keyboard out to some companies.
    01-06-13 09:05 AM
    The Sidekick LX had a wonderful keyboard, but it was in landscape and not portrait like a BB. The buttons had a great rubberized texture and space between the keys so they weren't all smooshed together. I think it's a tie for me between the SKLX and the 99xx as to which physical keyboard was the best.
    01-06-13 09:10 AM
    My pre 3 and old Samsung BlackJack both had really good keyboards. And surprisingly the palm pixi was pretty good too.
    I inherited a new in box Palm Pixi Plus as a thank you for dual booting android onto some Touchpads, and I thought I would hate the keyboard (now that I'm used to the GS3 size it feels even smaller). I never had an issue typing on my Pre but it's been so long...I can fly on that Pixi.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-06-13 09:32 AM
    RIM did not invent nor were they the first with this keyboard format. They may have been the biggest at it, but not the inventors or first to release. Palm, Nokia and others had them out first. It is not really proper to call them rip offs.

The Palm Treo line was great. My Motorola Q was also good. In terms of late models, I found the Motorola Droid Pro to be quite good.
    01-06-13 09:43 AM
    2nd Palm Treo... Both my 650 & 700 were excellent. Went to a BB Torch 9800 after, found the keyboard was very good, but not outstanding.
    01-06-13 09:52 AM
    The "BlueBerry" was my favorite man
    01-06-13 12:48 PM
    I liked my Blackjack and I think I liked my Treo.
    Hated my HTC Tilt.
    Loved my Siemens SX66.

But it all changed when I got my 8310. I loved that little phone. My first personal BB.

The work BBs I've had since 2004 were OK but the 8703 clinched it for me. I was hooked.

Now.....the Droid Pro is a disaster as far as keyboard goes. HATED it.

Which is the reason I'm so concerned about the X10 not being good for me. The keyboard looks identical.
    01-06-13 12:53 PM
    Palm 3 had a decent keyboard, besides that I hated everything else. The new bb10 keyboard is somewhat scary to me im not sure I would like it, will have to try it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 01:00 PM
    2nd Palm Treo... Both my 650 & 700 were excellent. Went to a BB Torch 9800 after, found the keyboard was very good, but not outstanding.
    I had been a Palm Pilot user, and had planned on getting these early Treos, but I tried the BlackBerry 7290 and loved the keyboard, and made the change to BlackBerry. I've tried out every keyboard I can get my hands on, but so far nobody beats the BlackBerry physical keyboard.
    01-06-13 04:06 PM