The author is either a puppet of propaganda who is ignorant enough to use an outdated iPhone or a paid shill. My sg4 makes the iphone5 look like a vic20. You really have to be clueless and brainwashed to use an outdated tiny 4 inch screen that does even have NFC. Lol 4inches. ANY OTHER phone beats the iphone5 be it bb10 or WP. Apples outdated and old ios is not in the same league or category as android. I know a lot of ex brainwash people who woke up and dropped the outdated and old iPhone for mostly android phones and they can not believe how pathetic and outdated their iPhone was to other phones. The power of propaganda / marketing on the weak minded.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone is stubborn that way , they often look at the overall ecosystem . And user experience . I only use NFC once or twice in my life .

While android is all about muscle and spec war . Once you own a best model in the blink of an eye there is a better one .

As much as I like wp8 and Nokia , their problem is google integration . Apps will slowly get on tract . It's really a good phone . But ......
    12-16-13 07:09 PM
    Mr Chen shouldn't allow this bad press , they need a good public relationship to stop the bleeding and bad market sentiments .
    BBRY PR is great. I read it here on CB.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-16-13 07:39 PM
    BBRY PR is great. I read it here on CB.
    That's Kevin . Doing a great job here .

But only only here ...
    12-16-13 08:45 PM
    This was actually quite good compared to most articles. It even concedes that BlackBerry is the best for business.

- Developer of PinGuin
    12-17-13 12:54 AM
    I swear there are people who will read anything that is not 100% cheerleading of BlackBerry, even if most of the aspects are positive who will go into umbrage overdrive. The author is writing about her experiences with what she has ACTUALLY used and if that was a legacy device so be it. This article is not negative toward BlackBerry nor does it show a disregard for BB10 and what it has to offer. That is not what the author is recalling.
    avt123, h20work, m1a1mg and 3 others like this.
    12-17-13 02:36 PM
    I swear there are people who will read anything that is not 100% cheerleading of BlackBerry, even if most of the aspects are positive who will go into umbrage overdrive. The author is writing about her experiences with what she has ACTUALLY used and if that was a legacy device so be it. This article is not negative toward BlackBerry nor does it show a disregard for BB10 and what it has to offer. That is not what the author is recalling.
    I agree with you 100%. I'm not upset with the columnist. Blackberry stayed relevant albeit late to the game. The other three did not. By including Blackberry into the group the perception that Blackberry is no longer relevant is undeniable.
    12-17-13 04:10 PM
    @KarlS
    Maybe it's just me but I read this as a tongue in cheek look back at some of the technology the author has moved past. Nothing more than that and certainly not a slam against the relevancy of BlackBerry.
    12-17-13 04:18 PM
    @amazinglygraceless

My OP is about the "collective cluelessness about Blackberry." At no point did I consider what she wrote a slam against the relevancy of Blackberry. However, the end result is the same. Whether one is reminiscing, wistful but not wanting or find Blackberry not cool the perception that Blackberry is dead, I believe, should be addressed by Blackberry at every turn. Perhaps not directly with or at the clueless ones but someway, somehow change the perception of Blackberry especially here in the US. The columnist is a prime example. Why does she now use an iPhone? The Trib won't let her use a BB10 device? Even if she chose not to mention that the Z10 keyboard is great for a journalist I would feel better that some sort of marketing made her aware that Blackberry is more than a viable option. I'm pretty sure nobody got to her about BB10 because Blackberry didn't get to anybody in the US.
    12-17-13 04:52 PM
    But she isn't clueless about BlackBerry by virtue of the fact that she used one. Your issue seems, at least to me, that she isn't apparently as clued in as you would like her to be. There is nothing here for BlackBerry to address as she is speaking about what she used in the past and nothing she said is incorrect, degrading or clueless.

While it would be nice if she used a BB10 device that isn't the point of her article and I think you are reading far to much into what is essentially an exercise is humor. Take it for what it is is all I'm saying.
    12-17-13 04:59 PM
    Okay, for what it's worth. However, I'm using the article as an example of someone reminiscing at what I believe is at BlackBerry's expense intended or not. BlackBerry brought it on themselves and it is BlackBerry whom I'm upset with. Nobody at BlackBerry seems to care how they are perceived by virtue that they?re not trying to keep people from reminiscing about the brand and not building curiosity at the very least. Did you ever see the movie "Little Murders?". Elliot Gould (BlackBerry) let a bunch of punks beat him and didn't fight back. Good thing about the movie, by the end he finally did. Granted, the article wasn't throwing punches and it wasn't meant to be forward thinking...for what it's worth.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure nobody got to her about BB10 because Blackberry didn't get to anybody in the US.
    Which country did they get to?

I'm in the US, I have a Z10.
    12-17-13 06:41 PM
    @avt123

Hmmm...good question.
    12-17-13 06:55 PM
    This post just goes to show there is a market for Blackberry 10, Journalists, They need to write a lot the Blackberry keyboard is still recognised as king, but now you can Google away to your hearts content. The Q10 would seem to be the perfect device, or perhaps for those that just can't manage the screen size. How about a Slider for Journo's! If the criticism's he levels at BlackBerry are the issues that is! The real issue is not so much BlackBerry or even the apps, it's the image and public perception that's the problem. BlackBerry needs some cool role models, getting stuff done on the go with their devices. How about Sponsoring An Entourage Movie or Commercial showing Ari Gold's BlackBerry addiction

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 04:36 AM
    If I were more tech savvy I'd send the author of this column several links to the Internet speed tests as well as the speed and accuracy of the swipe keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:23 AM
    that actually wasnt bad, esp relative to the previous article from LA Times
    12-18-13 09:49 AM
    That is the worst advice ive ever read... So in your opinion, in the face of contention, roll over and play dead? Weak. Sauce.

That being that, this article isnt worth getting upset about, its actually pretty neutral.

Honestly, how would you stop a biased media figure? Haven't you heard only a fool starts a fight with a business that buys ink by the barrel? The best thing to do is ignore them and be happy yourself. Helping them spread their drivel only gives them greater success.
    12-18-13 09:58 AM
    The real issue is not so much BlackBerry or even the apps, it's the image and public perception that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Type "perception" into Crackberry search. Comes up nearly 4900 times. I'm especially worried about the professional end user and their perception of Blackberry. The perception of Blackberry is the main point of this thread.
    12-18-13 10:11 AM
    That is the worst advice ive ever read... So in your opinion, in the face of contention, roll over and play dead? Weak. Sauce.

That being that, this article isnt worth getting upset about, its actually pretty neutral.
    Not rolling over at all, just pointing out a simple fact of life. If you allow biased media to control your happiness, you would be the one who loses. And, the statement about fighting people who buy ink in bulk? Yeah, that really works. But the fact is, by sharing the article with such a dramatic header, it gets more attention than it really deserves.

This is life, pick your battles wisely, because this probably isn't hill you want to be buried on.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-18-13 10:30 AM
    This is a non-tech reporter - if she doesn't know anything about BB10 is that her fault or BBRY's?
    Not sure if you're implying she should have done more research or if it's BlackBerry's fault to not have delivered BB10 news out to people...
    12-18-13 11:14 AM
    ...by sharing the article with such a dramatic header, it gets more attention than it really deserves.
    ...kinda called me out on that one.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-18-13 11:30 AM
    If everyone allowed bias media and all other forms of nonsense to continue without appling their own critical thought, whos the winner there?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out bias/nonsense articles in media, and trust me there are LOTS of them... If you think that readers cant affect the content they're fed, you're wrong again. My wife teaches highschool kids, she had her kids write into our local newspaper regarding a very poorly written article, which was presented as fact and was clearly an opinion peice- the kids recevied an apology. Small win? yes. Better than sitting there and doing jack sh*t for fear of "getting buried" ? Yep.
    Not rolling over at all, just pointing out a simple fact of life. If you allow biased media to control your happiness, you would be the one who loses. And, the statement about fighting people who buy ink in bulk? Yeah, that really works. But the fact is, by sharing the article with such a dramatic header, it gets more attention than it really deserves.

This is life, pick your battles wisely, because this probably isn't hill you want to be buried on.
    12-18-13 03:06 PM
    Not sure if you're implying she should have done more research or if it's BlackBerry's fault to not have delivered BB10 news out to people...
    Well let me be clear, it's BBRY's fault.
    12-18-13 03:09 PM
47 12