View Poll Results: Does Snap (or other Android app stores) replace BlackBerry World as you main source of apps?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Snap (and/or others) basically replace BlackBerry World for med

9 7.38%
  • No, BlackBerry World is still my main source of apps

72 59.02%
  • I use BlackBerry World and Android app stores about equally

41 33.61%
02-25-14 08:47 PM
116 1234 ...
tools
    I think everyone prefers native apps since they run better, built specifically for the bb10 including functionality and ui's. Overall with the amount and quality of apps currently in bbw, I dont think some of us would still be satisfied. Naturally we will have snap as you said to help load those android apps.

However, as bb10 continues to grow and mature, im sure developers will start to create native apps for BlackBerry and the need for an android player will be more transparent
    01-29-14 06:29 PM
    Maybe snap should build in a check to see if the same app exists in app world and link to it in BBW instead of downloading the apk.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-29-14 06:39 PM
    BlackBerry World for me first.
    01-29-14 07:18 PM
    It has augmented bbworld not replaced it
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-29-14 07:21 PM
    BBW first for sure, I'd rather use a BB app over anything else really.
    01-29-14 07:26 PM
    I use five different stores, if one doesn't have it the rest will. I use BBW, Amazon, Snap, Good E, and google play but that is through my browser on my laptop through apk downloader.(which I have been using forever.)
    01-29-14 07:28 PM
    I definitely go to BBW first and check before I use Snap and I normally always use the Native one if available. The only exception is Facebook, I use Facebook Android specifically because it has the option to sort the news feed. If they fixed that I would use the native app.

Zed30
    01-29-14 07:57 PM
    No

Posted with my Q10!
    01-29-14 08:11 PM
    Anything that has to do with Google is a no go zone for me. Their complicity with the NSA is disgraceful.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:11 PM
    Everyday i look in BB App world for new game and apps.I have a quite a few of them installed in my Z30.I am so far very happy with the selection.
    01-29-14 08:16 PM
    To be honest, although I've used snap to download a few android apps, I haven't been compelled to use them just yet.

The BlackBerry App store is still my go to.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:42 PM
    It has not replaced mine but has augmented the lacuna that existed before now. Running the leak on T-Mobile.

Posted with my hybrid 1791/811 Z10
    01-29-14 08:59 PM
    BB World first for me. If I can't find what I'm looking for then go to Snap.
    Now I have everything I need except Line doesn't work 100% (T_T)

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:02 PM
    Still go BBW first. Still believing all these apps will go native some day, so I'm always checking.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:05 PM
    Only for a couple I wanted, there are a lot of stupid apps out there

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    01-29-14 09:07 PM
    I agree. Haven't bit the bullet yet, but if I did it would be to download Netflix.
    ...I thought about Netflix, but then I remembered what it was like when we had it before...then changed my mind...between BlackBerry World and Crackle, I have no use for the lower quality of Netflix...

Posted with my awesome Z10...or maybe even my Q10...50/50 chance...
    01-29-14 09:14 PM
    No Android app beats native BB10 apps...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:16 PM
    There aren't really a lot of Android apps that I'm all that interested that BBW doesn't already have.
    That being said, I have added about half a dozen apps just out of curiosity and my own view on how well they run on my Z10. I doubt that I'll be flooding my phone with non-native apps any time soon. I can see myself using it on the off chance that I run across an Android app that has to be on my phone right away but that will be a rare occasion. BB10 runs better with BB10 apps.
    If and when a BB10 app is developed to match what I've gleaned with Snap, the apk app will be deleted to make way for the bar app.

Posted via CB10
    gebco and Toodeurep like this.
    01-29-14 09:19 PM
    Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent
    01-29-14 10:40 PM
    just to get app I need BB world is still the primary source... I only cared about viber that I got from amazon store. I had already sideloaded Google maps long time ago !
    01-29-14 11:18 PM
    I've downloaded Snap but so far haven't found anything that I'm interested in. Only did it to have it just in case.
    01-29-14 11:30 PM
    Yup...I buy apps from BB World to support the great Dev's who support us, but...Snap is an Android Client from a Dev who supports us, so buy his apps!! Please note, there is also a "donate" link there too.
    hamsterwheel and bungaboy like this.
    01-29-14 11:41 PM
    I learned my lesson already. Needed a specific type of app and went straight to Snap. Found tons of different types. Picked the top rated ones and tried each one. Either the free version had little to nothing and the paid version was too expensive or the UI just didn't jive with my Q10 screen. In some cases the app was not even working. Whatever it was it ate up my valuable time looking for a decent app. I went to BlackBerry World and found 1 app. It did what it said for free and was a couple bucks for the full version. Done. I bought it. Dev deserved my $. It works well and is native. I might even email them for some suggestions in their next update. So anyway, from now on I check BlackBerry World first for apps.

As for big name apps I know aren't in BlackBerry World? Well, there's snap for that.

And in the end my simple app needs are filled. I'm happy. Final count: BlackBerry World Apps: 86! Direct Install Android Apps: 9! And, trust me, I rarely use the Android apps. Maybe just the games like Deer Hunter and Subway Surfer and my bank app. Rarely touch Netflix. I should probably just delete Instagram (thanks to iGrann).

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 12:04 AM
    It has replaced bbw for me this week, while I fill some gaps, but like everyone I like the native apps better because they usually just work better - faster and smoother.

The important thing here is that there is now this option. A lot of this "app gap" problem isn't that people really want 25 food-ninja apps -- it's that they CAN'T HAVE THEM on BlackBerry. Everybody hates being told that they can't have something, even if it's something they don't want. I don't want them either but I'm glad I now have the choice.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-30-14 12:38 AM
    I would love to see Snap on BlackBerry world, but I doubt it would ever be approved
    01-30-14 12:41 AM
116 1234 ...