View Poll Results: Does Snap (or other Android app stores) replace BlackBerry World as you main source of apps?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Snap (and/or others) basically replace BlackBerry World for med

9 7.38%
  • No, BlackBerry World is still my main source of apps

72 59.02%
  • I use BlackBerry World and Android app stores about equally

41 33.61%
    The only app I've side loaded is my banking app, and I didn't even use Snap haha.

I deleted the side loaded version of Instagram now that I have Igrann. It's prettier and works better (though I haven't posted, just Liked and commented on my friends' pictures).

The only thing I play really is Real Racing 3 on my iPod touch, because I don't want to wear down my battery on my Z10.
    01-30-14 12:52 AM
    Blackberry world has almost all the apps I need/want.
    The only app I have sideloaded is Instagram.
    Otherwise I'm not really missing anything, and I like the feel of native apps way better
    01-30-14 11:45 AM
    Android apps are only a temp fix for me, if a native app becomes available on BBWorld then Androids will all get removed
    KemKev and ajst222 like this.
    01-30-14 12:33 PM
    I would always go BBW first, then Snap then Amazon. I THOUGHT I had everything I wanted from BBW and was looking at Snap for the ones I thought I didn't have but then I saw that a couple such as Digitally Imported had apps on BBW so that was a nice surprise. Amazon hasn't got much of what I want eg banking apps but Snap does. Snap and 10.2.1 has brought a new lease of life to the Z30 - the best phone I have ever had.
    01-30-14 04:48 PM
    I don't even have Snap installed on my device
    01-31-14 08:31 AM
    I don't even have Snap installed on my device
    +1

BBW will remain as my sole source for apps
    01-31-14 08:33 AM
    For me, Snap complements BBRY World. If there is a native app that does what I want, I use it; if there is an Android equivalent that does better, I use that. If an app I want is only available on Android and it meets my needs, I use it. I am simply looking for apps that do what I want/need to do and do it well.
    hamsterwheel and gcopter like this.
    01-31-14 08:37 AM
    The only Android app I want is the Volvo On-Call app. Unfortunately, it's not available on Amazon, just on Google Play. Since I'm not too comfortable with trying to put Snap on my phone, I guess I'll just have to do without
    01-31-14 11:46 AM
    I'd much rather have the performance of native apps. In looking at what's available in Google Play and the Amazon Store there's not that much I'd really want. I'm not a big social media person and I don't use Google services so I really don't feel I'm missing much by not using Android apps.

I do have a few sideloads, but they're only cloud services that BlackBerry doesn't have an app for and aren't supported in PlayCloud.
    01-31-14 12:26 PM
    I thought this question would come up.

I installed the amazon app store app and spent some time browsing through Android apps there. I discovered that in very many respects baked in BB10 apps pretty much pull the same duty as any Android options out there except games. Since I'm not really a gamer BB10 apps work really well for me so far. The only exception right now is Netflix.

Having said that I am glad the choices are far broader now. That will be very good for sales.
    01-31-14 12:27 PM
    IMHO I'd rather have both co-exist with each other. Though obviously, BlackBerry World will have access to my money than Snap =))

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 | Globe PH
    01-31-14 12:33 PM
    How do I download snap.... any link....
    Help..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:37 PM
    Help..

Posted via CB10
    I believe there is an article about it on the CrackBerry home page.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    01-31-14 01:35 PM
    Help..
    Start here -> http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...-files-898331/
    01-31-14 02:57 PM
    Of the 35-40 apps I have on my phone at any one time, only 5 are Android.
    They misbehave unimaginably, stay running, wear down my battery and in general make me sad I have to use them. But I do use those few. But no. There are things added to BBW everyday. I don't know how anyone could say they know "everything that is there"....

What harm is there in checking BBW first? If you have a BB that's what you should be doing, IMHO.
    01-31-14 03:13 PM
    I always check BlackBerry World when I need apps. I do use a few Android apps, but not too many.
    01-31-14 03:21 PM
    Even waze, which is a great GPS app has a terrible UI that's just all over the place.
    Posted via CB10
    Interesting view - I love the Android version of Waze, much more than the antiquated BBW port we had That's the only Android app I have, though, aside from Flappy Bird LOL
    01-31-14 04:11 PM
    Well dude it's funny you should ask this because two of the 'must-have' BlackBerry 10 apps (for me) are Kindle and Skype and both of them are available in BlackBerry World despite being more or less pure Android ported apps?
    01-31-14 04:13 PM
    Pretty much.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:22 PM
    Native is still king. The blackberry strategy seems focused on showing app developers the immense demand by BB users. Only in this manner can they (appdevs) eventually come forward and develop a native application for the device. This is why 3rd part native applications and supporting them is so important for they will compete directly for advertisement and what not.
    01-31-14 05:25 PM
    I got amazon and mobile one so far. Not going to sideload snap, no pc. I just wanted them to show people that yes BlackBerry does have apps available

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:41 PM
    You know, I'm surprised at how well this thread has stayed on topic lol

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    01-31-14 07:57 PM
    BlackBerry World is still my primary source. I only use Snap to get the most up-to-date apps found as android ports in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:02 PM
    I still support the BlackBerry world and development folks. I bought a few made for BlackBerry apps and they run beautifully on the z30.

I do use the Snap app and have Android apps installed on my z30, but I wish they would bring more native apps to the BlackBerry world.

I would like to see a few more sports apps like the golf channel, sports tap, NFL come into the BlackBerry world as native apps.

Craigslist and eBay, I would love to see a native version of both those apps, we can only hope that the folks in charge are going to try and rebuild the brand here in the USA and Worldwide for that matter.

The first priority should be to rebuild the brand and add more BlackBerry users. More users means more interest from Developers and that's just the way it is at the moment

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 02-01-14 at 05:45 AM.
    01-31-14 08:11 PM
    No, I find searching for decent apps that work a waste of a lot of time, I'm finished with it.

I am confident that BlackBerry are rising and the apps that people crave will be on BlackBerry world before too long.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    02-01-14 08:28 AM
116 12345