I've been searching for a way to determine if my phone has been used before but with no luck. It was purchased from a tmobile kiosk with no mention of it being a refurb. There are just a few (non conclusive) things that have gotten me thinking. Two 8320's were purchased at the same time so I've compared mine to the other. My battery door does not mate well with the handset, the volume down button is "mushy" and doesn't always adjust the volume. Also, the generic welcome messages were dated several months before I got the phone. I went to delete the unused languages to clear up memory but there were no unused languages. Like I said none of this is conclusive, especially since physically there are no scratches etc. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-05-09 12:13 PM
    I would trying calling tmobile to check sounds like it was activated previously nd that would bother me. Or just could be defect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 12:16 PM
    Ya call tmo and ask them? you will have to give them the esn but they should have a record of it if it was actvated before or it could be the stores display phone. Most stores use dummy phones but they do have some phones that they use to show customers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    03-05-09 01:02 PM
    My welcome/activation messages from BlackBerry were dated around the middle of January 09, about a month before I got my phones. I think the message isn't anything to worry about.
    03-05-09 01:16 PM
    My welcome/activation messages from BlackBerry were dated around the middle of January 09, about a month before I got my phones. I think the message isn't anything to worry about.
    I'm sure the phone is tested for QC purposes prior to being boxed/shipped out. That is why there is a discrepancy in the date of the welcome message and the date you get the phone.
    03-05-09 01:19 PM
    Sounds like you just got a dud, return it under warrenty.
    03-05-09 01:53 PM
    agree, return it. Get a new one while under the 30 days
    03-05-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD