1o weeks of BB10, so far I am very unimpressed with Kevin's and the whole, we got BB10, all covered. Those nighttime webcam sessions have been a bust, very boring and very uninformative. I do hope they kick their game up a few gears starting tomorrow because so far Crackbery, who's life is hanging in the balance like RIM's is with this launch, have dropped the ball. What's your opinion?????
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-27-13 05:57 PM
    Well... that was rather harsh. Although the whole "10 Weeks of BlackBerry 10" segment did mysteriously disappear, and I admit I am curious as to why, I think that otherwise they haven't really done anything wrong. The webcam sessions are very entertaining in my opinion, but then again I think they're intended for the hardcore fans and not casual viewers. And I'm sure we're going to see excellent coverage of the BB10 launch come Wednesday.
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-27-13 05:59 PM
    i agree 100% and have been thinking the same thing.
    what was the point in getting the Toronto condo, if all the 'scoops' they are going to get us, is, watching them sit around the condo...lame.
    Jake Storm and soulbat25 like this.
    01-27-13 06:00 PM
    Ya I somewhat agree. The live chats are pretty uninteresting for the most part. The last week though there isn't a whole lot of point in blowing the doors off so to speak though because we will know everything hopefully in a couple days now.
    01-27-13 06:01 PM
    Truthfully the whole Toronto condo thing was more to make them more productive, so it only has indirect value to the readers which is why I don't think they should have hyped it up because frankly it doesn't matter to most people where they are writing from as long as interesting stuff gets posted.
    01-27-13 06:03 PM
    maybe getting the condo was just so they can all go to the toronto event, whats it to you that they got it anyway, it doesn't take any skin of your back
    01-27-13 06:04 PM
    I agree although I think the culprit might be the secrecy of the launch.. we just haven't seen too many details yet which its why Wednesday will be mind blowing
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-27-13 06:10 PM
    They can't leak any info. They're all under NDA.

No one said the live stream would be info filled
    01-27-13 06:13 PM
    We are at T-2 days as the countdown progresses unabated towards the official launch of BlackBerry 10. Will Research In Motion thrive on the BlackBerry 10 vine? Is the fate of the CrackBerry Nation tied to the survival of Research In Motion and more specifically to the survival of the BlackBerry brand? Are the purported form-factors and designs of the BlackBerry Z10 and X10 the best Research In Motion has to offer? Can the virtual keyboard satisfy the die-hard physical keyboard users? These questions cannot be answered until June 2013, but one thing can be said with complete confidence - if BlackBerry 10 flops the responsibility lays solely at the feet of Thorsten Heins, Research In Motion - Chief Executive Officer.
    01-27-13 06:22 PM
    I am not trying to be negative or put down the efforts or say I could do it better. But I would have to agree I was hoping the live from CB HQ would be more of a live podcast but a little more casual. There has been some of that with questions being answered but I think setting out an agenda would make it even more exciting. With that being said I have watched most (I think) of the live feeds and it was still enjoyable. I appauld the efforts and think its great what crackberry is doing for us
    Zach Gilbert likes this.
    01-27-13 06:22 PM
    you guys also dont see everything going on and I agree there could be more but honestly there is a lot of behind the scenes things that are being done as prep for the launch. After the announcement things will let loose and everything protected by NDA and such will be gone. The blogs are going to explode big time and coverage will be huge. Just hand tight as 10 AM on Wednesday will be here soon enough.
    01-27-13 06:29 PM
    Unless I paid for it or voted for it, I don't complain. More Q & A would have been fun during the podcast but there over 300 viewers shooting off questions to the tune of 30 or 40 a minute. I doubt anyone could have kept up not to mention the information restrictions put in place. I'm looking forward to the 30th and more opportunities.
    Barljo and robkd like this.
    01-27-13 06:39 PM
    you guys also dont see everything going on and I agree there could be more but honestly there is a lot of behind the scenes things that are being done as prep for the launch. After the announcement things will let loose and everything protected by NDA and such will be gone. The blogs are going to explode big time and coverage will be huge. Just hand tight as 10 AM on Wednesday will be here soon enough.
    Why has blaize repeatedly said they arent under NDA then?
    01-27-13 06:44 PM
    maybe getting the condo was just so they can all go to the toronto event, whats it to you that they got it anyway, it doesn't take any skin of your back
    They are mostly all attending the new york event so thats not the reason.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    01-27-13 06:46 PM
    Guys, the reason there have been a lower article rate is because the CrackBerry team is going full throttle on the redesign.
    Someone in the chat asked why they got the condo last night, they said it was because it is easier to communicate.
    This was never fully about us...
    bluetroll and jvictor77 like this.
    01-27-13 06:52 PM
    I agree OP but let's be realistic here. The headquarters thingy they got going on obviously is for more pleasure than it is work.

Can you blame them though? I mean this is huge and Kevin along with his henchmen are all BlackBerry die-hards sinces day one.

They went to Toronto to party. The big brother thing seems more like a "okay let's get this over with for the day" than "okay let's get the people informed"

Again what do we really expect?

Besides if you want the real scoop just follow BlackBerryScoop on Twitter LMFAO!

You can bet CB will a ton of info once it does launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 07:04 PM
    i agree the news and the whole CB 10weeks thing has been weak for a while. the forums are about the only thing that have anything interesting. In they're defensive you can only say bb10 is coming!!! so many times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 07:07 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. If they are all hard at work on things we'll see come Wednesday then it was a good move. If they don't deliver then it will warrant further discussion
    01-27-13 07:14 PM
    Why has blaize repeatedly said they arent under NDA then?
    Anything kevin has access to he would too, i cant say anything for certain because obvously its under NDA so i, just like you, wont know about til launch.
    01-27-13 07:26 PM
    I actually like the live "big brother cam" and like others say its for them to work and gives us a behind the scene look at the work that goes into ccrackberry. Come on everyone we're so close to launch let's just be positive and excited!
    01-27-13 07:28 PM
    I asked Adam on twitter if the 10 weeks of BB was done and he said it was on hiatus until Toronto. They are now in Toronto and it still isn't up. It's too late to continue it now since the launch is in 3 days.

They aren't under NDA but that doesn't mean they haven't agreed to not post anything (sounds the same but I hear it happens a lot, it's how they gain favor with the companies). There will most likely be a flurry of posts come once they were told they were allowed to. Already written up and all they have to do is hit the button.
    Last edited by ekafara; 01-27-13 at 07:41 PM.
    01-27-13 07:29 PM
    They could make up for the limited amount of info in the live sessions if they would just HotTub it.
    01-27-13 07:35 PM
    10 weeks of Blackberry 10 probably stopped cause they "ran" out of big features to talk about. Features like BBM screen sharing's off limits (they had to pull the blog entries when the screen shots leaked a while ago). We'll probably see the series back after launch.

I think the coverage on CB leading up to the launch's been OK, but not as "leaky" as others would expect. I'm pretty sure all of the CB writers are feverishly finishing up all the blog posts so that once embargo's off, a barrage of BB10 articles can be posted.

3 more days!
    01-27-13 07:45 PM
    10 weeks of Blackberry 10 probably stopped cause they "ran" out of big features to talk about. Features like BBM screen sharing's off limits (they had to pull the blog entries when the screen shots leaked a while ago). We'll probably see the series back after launch.

I think the coverage on CB leading up to the launch's been OK, but not as "leaky" as others would expect. I'm pretty sure all of the CB writers are feverishly finishing up all the blog posts so that once embargo's off, a barrage of BB10 articles can be posted.

3 more days!
    Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin's review is already close to being finished.

Along with articles about all the new independent features.
    01-27-13 07:49 PM
    I did drop off on the 10 Weeks of BB10 - yes. Busy traveling and such but we'll have it back before Wednesday (we'll combine 9 & 10 to knock it out).

And trust me, I didn't come to Toronto for pleasure. It's friggin cold here.
    01-27-13 07:56 PM
205 123 ...