Wrong... one can't care about something they know nothing about... but keep trying...

Posted via CB10
    My problem with the "it was the fault of the lack of marketing" thing is the whole Windows phone experience. They poured a lot of money into marketing, and they still only have 3% market-share. And even then, a lot of those phones were low-end phones (granted windows phone low-end phones are better than Android ones). Also nokia had a lot of brand-power in Europe, and it still wasn't enough.
    hjc73734 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-29-15 03:28 PM
    My problem with the "it was the fault of the lack of marketing" thing is the whole Windows phone experience. They poured a lot of money into marketing, and they still only have 3% market-share. And even then, a lot of those phones were low-end phones (granted windows phone low-end phones are better than Android ones). Also nokia had a lot of brand-power in Europe, and it still wasn't enough.
    It's easier to blame marketing than admit BB10 failed.
    11-29-15 03:44 PM
    It's easier to blame marketing than admit BB10 failed.
    Oh noooooo. You dint just go there.....

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Amen, say hello to BlackBerry choir.... how many people don't get it. You can't market something people don't want if there is something if there is something out there satisfying the need better than POS you have to offer.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I actually think BB10 is an excellent OS. It was just too late to the game.
    will308 likes this.
    11-29-15 04:00 PM
    They should keep making them just for me! One unit per year made exclusively for me. What's wrong with that?
    What's wrong...?
    You forgot:

/s

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-29-15 04:45 PM
    That might work. I'll email Chen right now.
    Too late...

He's already on the highway to mobile h*ll, on his
    Helly-Davilson....

;-)

"No stop sign,... speed limit..."

11-29-15 04:48 PM
    Who is Davil? Where are the genius moderators who change titles on threads? ? Genius I say!!

Posted via CB10
    I say: leave it as it is... I love hamstrung, messed up thread titles "for the lulz"... :-)

(edit: in no malicious way, and for historicity... my wife has absolutely terrible spelling in any language, but I still love her... )

Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 11-29-15 at 05:09 PM.
    11-29-15 04:54 PM
    A subset of BB10 fans display their loyalty by willfully ignoring reality. I'm pretty sure that some are just pretending to ignore reality. Kind of like crop circle hoaxers.
    Which reportedly were faked by a bunch of loons calling themselves "Team Satan".... there you go... ;-P

11-29-15 04:57 PM
    Rose.....colored......glasses....
    "Wouldn't be without them..."

ouch, no, that was the RACQ ad... :-)

11-29-15 04:58 PM
    Friendship ended with BLACKBERRY
    Now ANDROID is my best friend
    Facebook dump...? 8-o

11-29-15 05:00 PM
    It's not a fact and it's not simple. The >95% of people with Apple and Android phones can't live without their apps. On Crackberry, which represents a small percentage of the small percentage who even use BB10, "apps don't matter" keeps getting repeated even in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    Agreed, 95% of Droid and iOS power users...

the rest... just got sold one by the carrier shop guys... ;-)

11-29-15 05:03 PM
    Some great jesting fodder, this thread... ;-D

On topic:
    Whether BlackBerry sold their soul or not, I can't decide. Sure they have given up control of the OS to a great extent for direct access to the app ecosystem....

Now the job is to use this ecosystem to popularize their phones, but make the phones enough "BlackBerry" for the power users that left... or new ones that are discovering.... :-)

Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-29-15 05:14 PM
    Some great jesting fodder, this thread... ;-D

On topic:
    Whether BlackBerry sold their soul or not, I can't decide. Sure they have given up control of the OS to a great extent for direct access to the app ecosystem....

Now the job is to use this ecosystem to popularize their phones, but make the phones enough "BlackBerry" for the power users that left... or new ones that are discovering.... :-)

I could see a chance of them being able to do this. They weren't doing anything without an ecosystem. Now that they have that they may be able to carve a niche that could become popular.

First problem they have encountered, in my opinion, is the price of their first phone in this new ecosystem. They need a mid-tier model to draw more people willing to give it a try.
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-29-15 06:47 PM
    I could see a chance of them being able to do this. They weren't doing anything without an ecosystem. Now that they have that they may be able to carve a niche that could become popular.

First problem they have encountered, in my opinion, is the price of their first phone in this new ecosystem. They need a mid-tier model to draw more people willing to give it a try.
    That Vienna, if it's coming.

Plus a "premium style" mid-tier offering as you said, all-touch, but rather compete on features than raw price.... :-)

11-29-15 07:17 PM
    Maybe this is the plan, get everyone loving the BlackBerry Android and then slowly shifting the focus back to BB10. Once everyone loves BlackBerry again, it will be a lot easier to get people to keep liking it.
    11-29-15 07:51 PM
    Maybe this is the plan, get everyone loving the BlackBerry Android and then slowly shifting the focus back to BB10. Once everyone loves BlackBerry again, it will be a lot easier to get people to keep liking it.
    Don't see that as feasible in today's market. Unless BB10 is able to garner a useful native ecosystem, it's a tough sell.
    11-29-15 08:11 PM
    It's gotten so bad that I am thinking....no don't.....going....no to .....try Apple....NNOOOOOOO! Well That's how bad it is. I just want a good phone!
    lift likes this.
    11-29-15 08:27 PM
    Can't argue with that logic.
    Well done!
    11-29-15 08:36 PM
    Wrong... one can't care about something they know nothing about... but keep trying...

Posted via CB10
    Everyone knows BlackBerry; re-read my post, they've since moved on. The masses no longer care about BlackBerry, regardless if it's BBOS 7 or BB10.

I swear, some posters are such muppets.

Posted via CB10
    calyth likes this.
    11-29-15 09:31 PM
    It's gotten so bad that I am thinking....no don't.....going....no to .....try Apple....NNOOOOOOO! Well That's how bad it is. I just want a good phone!
    I made the jump. It's actually much better than I thought it would be. Very happy with my 3 week old 6s Plus.
    Elephant_Canyon and TgeekB like this.
    11-29-15 10:07 PM
    Anyone who mocks the spelling of a person who is writing in a second language is clearly a bigger fool than the person who has at least learned a second language.

I suppose one's position on this topic depends on one's perspective. If you're a stockholder, then the only thing that matters is BlackBerry's bottom line. For the stockholder, BlackBerry could sell smartphones or piles of fertilizer. It wouldn't matter as long as the stock value went up. But from the perspective of a prosumer, what BlackBerry is selling does matter. I'm a prosumer, and as such, I couldn't give a flying flip whether BlackBerry makes the best Android phone ever. I don't want an Android of any ilk. I want a true BlackBerry--meaning a BB10 OS phone. I'm not interested in the success of BlackBerry, as a company, if that so called success means BlackBerry is producing phones I don't want. If BlackBerry makes only Android phones moving forward, I wouldn't care if they shut their doors tomorrow, other than to the extent that it's closure would adversely effect my ability to continue using my BlackBerry Z30.

And it does appear that BlackBerry, in the person of Chen, has sold its soul to the devil, is sleeping with the enemy, has prostituted itself, or whatever other metaphor one wants to use. No one knows whether trying to market BlackBerry 10 devices would have helped or not. No one knows whether releasing a high-end all-touch "Z50" would have created interest in BlackBerry. No one knows whether fighting back against the perception that BlackBerry devices were pass� or that the company was defunct would have made a difference, because Chen never lifted a finger to do any of those things. What we do know is failure to even try surely did not work!

What Chen did, instead, was systematically cull most of his people with BB10 knowledge. So yes, his decisions and actions seem calculated, from the beginning, to let BlackBerry 10 die on the vine in favor of Android. To coin another phrase, he appears to have sold BlackBerry's birthright for a mess of pottage.
    Last edited by Timothius01; 11-29-15 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo
    theone06, lift and Jahcure like this.
    11-29-15 10:17 PM
    Ha ha OP. You can still use your old phones. BlackBerry is not doing anything except trying to figure out how to make money for its shareholders.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    hjc73734 and BB_PP like this.
    11-29-15 11:02 PM
    Everyone knows BlackBerry; re-read my post, they've since moved on. The masses no longer care about BlackBerry, regardless if it's BBOS 7 or BB10.

I swear, some posters are such muppets.

Posted via CB10
    No... they don't know BB10... pure and simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 12:03 AM
    Subscribe.
    11-30-15 01:21 AM
505 ... 23456 ...