.... I wonder what were the competitions doing back then in 2008 when Android was still in its infancy ......
    Blackberry was still trying to play "Me too" trying to build an "iPhone killer" with the storm. Just like today focus too much on hardware and nothing on software. Same mistake as the Priv... Abandon software all-together and just give hardware (least profitable component) to combat a software market.
    12-21-15 01:03 PM
    Your right. I think IBM stopped after the AT.
    You are quite right the IBM PC-AT was the last personal computer for which the assembly language listing was available as part of the technical reference manual for support.
    12-22-15 10:43 PM
    You are quite right the IBM PC-AT was the last personal computer for which the assembly language listing was available as part of the technical reference manual for support.
    Do you mean the source code of PC-AT BIOS ? ... yeah, my father and brothers still have them copies of technical reference manuals for the XT and AT kicking around in our house. There were no such things for the next PC generations after that (the 386-based PC and later)
    12-23-15 05:11 AM
    I remember my first computer was the XT 8086 without the 8087 math coprocessor. Great computer when DOS was king.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-15 06:53 AM
    I remember my first computer was the XT 8086 without the 8087 math coprocessor. Great computer when DOS was king.

Posted via CB10
    That was my first too.
    12-23-15 08:10 AM
    That was my first too.
    If I remember correctly I had the 8088 and searched far and wide to find the coprocessor.
    I imagined that I would mightily impressed by the performance boost.
    In reality I noticed no difference at all.
    It was fiddling with that computer that started it all for me.
    12-23-15 08:15 AM
    If I remember correctly I had the 8088 and searched far and wide to find the coprocessor.
    LOL. It didn't really. Yep I started on my brother in laws Tandy Coco. I remember when he was proud to get his first 5mb hard drive that was the size of a small shoe box.

I use to assemble, repair and support systems shortly after that. Ah the days.
    12-23-15 08:42 AM
    As well as posting on BBS's before the advent of the Internet.
    kbz1960 and qwerty4ever like this.
    12-23-15 10:05 AM
    There may not have noticed any performance boost, but some Engineering software would not run without the 8087 math coprocessor.

Mine had twin 640kb 5.25" floppy drives and which was advanced at the time.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-15 12:34 PM
    I built my first computer from a kit... as I was a student at the time, there was no way I could have afforded a real PC.

Motorola 6502-based, programmed in assembler, and I used to be able to disassemble hexcodes in my head. Damn, but I was sad great!

The stories above about disk-drives also made me chuckle. My first hard-drive was a SCSI unit in a shoebox-sized cabinet that sounded like it was going to take-off every time it was turned on. It probably cost me a couple of grand in today's money and was an awesome 20Mb! I was so proud, and recall calculating with amazement at just how many floppy-disks that was equivalent to. LOL

Happy days!
    12-23-15 12:46 PM
    I built my first computer from a kit... as I was a student at the time, there was no way I could have afforded a real PC.

Motorola 6502-based, programmed in assembler, and I used to be able to disassemble hexcodes in my head. Damn, but I was sad great!

The stories above about disk-drives also made me chuckle. My first hard-drive was a SCSI unit in a shoebox-sized cabinet that sounded like it was going to take-off every time it was turned on. It probably cost me a couple of grand in today's money and was an awesome 20Mb! I was so proud, and recall calculating with amazement at just how many floppy-disks that was equivalent to. LOL

Happy days!
    I had a +-20 meg RLL disk that sounded like I was winning at pinball while the system booted.
    12-23-15 01:51 PM
    LOL. It didn't really. Yep I started on my brother in laws Tandy Coco. I remember when he was proud to get his first 5mb hard drive that was the size of a small shoe box.

I use to assemble, repair and support systems shortly after that. Ah the days.
    POKE 65495,0

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz, kbz1960 and HedoBum like this.
    12-23-15 03:05 PM
    POKE 65495,0

Oh geez... Memories!
    12-23-15 03:09 PM
    POKE 65495,0

Ooooooo...2 Mhz!

Still rockin the  Z30 and lovin it! BB10 still king!
    12-23-15 09:51 PM
    Where is this conversation landing???

Posted via Passport
    12-24-15 01:20 AM
    I miss Davil.
    DrBoomBotz and kbz1960 like this.
    12-24-15 06:24 AM
    I miss Davil.
    Has BlackBerry sold its soul to the devil?-classic_cn_collab___red_guy_by_juliekarbon-d8zab6f.jpg
    TgeekB, Ronindan, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    12-24-15 08:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic_cn_collab___red_guy_by_juliekarbon-d8zab6f.jpg 
Views:	1015 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	385547
    see mirror sometime!!
    12-24-15 09:17 AM

DrBoomBotz
    I know your problem once i commented on your post and you didn't like that, since then you are jumping up and down on my posts.
    12-24-15 09:19 AM

Not sure about the color though. Davil is supposed to be green right?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-24-15 09:30 AM
    DrBoomBotz
    I know your problem once i commented on your post and you didn't like that, since then you are jumping up and down on my posts.
    Not sure what post you are talking about. I was just having fun replying to tgeek. Have some virtual eggnog, I'm buying. By 'virtual' I mean pretend and by 'buying' I mean go pound sand.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 12-24-15 at 09:59 AM.
    12-24-15 09:48 AM
    There's no official way to sell a soul to a devil or even a davil anymore. Everybody knows that God and Satan buried the hatchet a while ago. They met for some breakfast at Denny's, decided since it's almost 2016, the time has come to let bygones be bygones. Now they play poker twice a month, their wives exchange recipes, and their kids go to the same school.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:18 PM
    I love seeing massive people eat at McDonalds. The davil makes them do it and also makes me find it amusing.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:22 PM
    It is "Now" for me but "future" for you! Depends on what you are and what is source of information, but one thing for sure you'll see my Now within a year!

Posted via Passport
    Has the "future" become the "present" yet?
    JeepBB and shaleem like this.
    09-29-16 08:32 AM
    Its been a year now...

So many clowns in this world! Intelligence is already less than 1% now a days! How Ironic BB10 is not good for people but good for law enforcement and agencies
    Here is the deal! Android way or highway. Android for consumers and BB10 for law enforcement and governments
    Yes most of presidents use BlackBerry and FYI BlackBerry 10 is now dedicated for law enforcement!
    Wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

you are talking past and I am telling future!!
    My admission is same as I told you! Problem is you need proof and I can't provide you now. So better end it here. This is my claim leave it here and move on
    I can't show my rank here to show you proof! This is not something winning or loosing. I still stand on what I said! I am not standing infront of judge and jury so cheers to your damn ego after all it left you happy at least for day. Cheers
    This is clearly present tense not future. The word "now" leaves little wiggle room.
    It is "Now" for me but "future" for you! Depends on what you are and what is source of information, but one thing for sure you'll see my Now within a year!
    Its been a year and I don't see BB10 dominating law enforcement.

You are hinting that you are a high level cop that let us all in on a secret but can't give us any corroborating details? That's truly outrageously hilarious. Perhaps I misunderstand and you actually have a time machine.
    No I am not Cop for sure! Visit me sometime and I'll give you demonstration on my time machine and I am sure you'll be glad by knowing many things.
    I didn't take advantage of his gracious offer.
    12-15-16 09:58 AM
505 ... 18192021