Ok, thread reviewed some cleanup here and there.
    Now get back on topic and stay away for personal pee length contests and/or rude words.
    Thanks.

SF
    Mod team

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

[WARN]
    Edit : more than 30 minutes spent to rewind to page 1 and read/clean/edit. Won't do it again. If you saw your post(s) deleted, you know you're now blinking on my radar and further derail will lead to infraction w/o any extra consideration.
    [/WARN]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-16-15 at 06:28 AM.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-16-15 05:44 AM
    Maybe this is the plan, get everyone loving the BlackBerry Android and then slowly shifting the focus back to BB10. Once everyone loves BlackBerry again, it will be a lot easier to get people to keep liking it.
    I won't label it as a "plan".
    But we've seen weird things in the past, at least not planned as such.
    Hint : I've never been asked about my passport as much as after Priv launch.
    12-16-15 06:00 AM
    Yes, Android was crappy back then, but BBOS was starting to be crappy as well. But BBOS was at end of its lifecycle, while Android had a solid base and was just starting. Also, even then, rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM was not something a lot of people did, and Android always had inherent customization capabilities.

I am not saying that adopting Android in 2010 would have made them the Samsung of today, but it couldn't have been worse than today. BB10 cost them a lot of money and, while a technological achievement, it was a commercial and financial disaster.

Spot on - if BB had switched to android back then; they could have focused on the enterprise side of the industry since none of the Android OEM's or even Google was targeting that sector.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-16-15 07:00 AM
    Spot on - if BB had switched to android back then; they could have focused on the enterprise side of the industry since none of the Android OEM's or even Google was targeting that sector.
    Indeed. With its near unlimited customisability they could have spent less money making enterprise Androids with their security rather than going BB10.

This is a similar story to Nokia, they went the long way. They tried to make Symbian S60 touch-friendly, that brought us the 5800XM and N97, both of which were great phones but awful smartphones. They continued pouring money into Symbian with ^3, Anna and Belle, while also pouring money on Maemo which became MeeGo, an OS that wasn't yet complete, it was such a messy situation and it lead to them being vulnerable, and we know the rest of the story after that. Now the Nokia that is left is after MS's purge is preparing to make Android devices.

I hope BB's move to Android wasn't too late, but IMO, the Priv should've come like 2-3years ago, it would have made a greater impact.

This is why Samsung for over a decade has been around, they always have R&D working on multiple platforms. When WM and Symbian started sinking, Samsung already had an Android strategy, along with Bada OS and were also testing WP7, the two didn't work, so they stuck to Android, yet they now have Tizen and also W10M. They have watched the greats like Siemens, Ericsson, Nokia etc...come and go. This is Samsung's worst period in years yet their mobile division alone still brings in billions of $s in profit.
    Ronindan likes this.
    12-16-15 07:53 AM
    Btw, the Davil is gone, but it's has taken his place... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �

Thank God for the Grammar police!
    12-16-15 07:54 AM
    You are hinting that you are a high level cop that let us all in on a secret but can't give us any corroborating details? That's truly outrageously hilarious. Perhaps I misunderstand and you actually have a time machine.
    I see what you mean by outrageous answers
    Our future is his now. Can't even tell us in what country or security agency its happening in, very vague, to the point that makes his argument more a joke than anything serious.

I hate it when people lie, all we are doing is trying to have a debate, and any normal person knows with that you come with solid facts, not vague answers, and then try back paddle when its exposed that you are actually lying.

Ah well.
    12-16-15 11:07 AM
    I see what you mean by outrageous answers
    Our future is his now. Can't even tell us in what country or security agency its happening in, very vague, to the point that makes his argument more a joke than anything serious.

I hate it when people lie, all we are doing is trying to have a debate, and any normal person knows with that you come with solid facts, not vague answers, and then try back paddle when its exposed that you are actually lying.

Ah well.
    We will know for sure on 2016-12-16.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-16-15 11:28 AM
    We will know for sure on 2016-12-16.
    Funny thing is that police and security agencies usually don't bother announcing what phones systems they are using, unless it is a massive order or they are asked about it.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-15 11:37 AM
    Chen did this all! He killed BB10 slowly and now has a valid reason to go all Android

1-He never pay attention to advertise BB10 or BB10 hardware
    2- He spoiled his relationship with carriers and didn't bothered

Posted by Priv
    Yet you helped him in his nefarious scheme to kill BB10.
    Posted by Priv??

Still rockin the  Z30 and lovin it! BB10 still king!
    12-16-15 11:52 AM
    Why are so many arguing over so many BB10 issues. The fact is here we are in basically 2016, two years past when BlackBerry essentially was considered days from bankruptcy. Had Palm followed a similar PlayBook (no pun intended) ,would they still be around in the hardware business? How about WebOS, any relevancy? The point is, what's done is done and BlackBerry lives to fight another year. Hindsight is 20/20 and everyone is correct with there assessments once history is created. The large shareholders of the company with the board of directors are doing what they want and going where they want to go with their company. Their strategy is such, they could really care less about what most here argue constantly about. They're busy with making sure their business plan they gave to Chen is being executed the way they want.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:53 PM
    I miss Winmo, 6.5..and unfortunately people thought Phone 7 was Winmo 7 and it's not.. I had QuickTime, Silverlight and full-screen winamp skins on my touchpro 2...and never imagined leaving for android, till I discovered and used it..then my Droid 4 died and a Blackberry Q10took it's place..I missed my apps, the BB10 update gave me Play store acces and half of them purred the others did,t work or could not fit the portrait only screen TMALSS, My Priv has a large beautiful 2way screen and a real keyboard

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 06:07 PM
    I miss Winmo, 6.5..and unfortunately people thought Phone 7 was Winmo 7 and it's not.. I had QuickTime, Silverlight and full-screen winamp skins on my touchpro 2...and never imagined leaving for android, till I discovered and used it..then my Droid 4 died and a Blackberry Q10took it's place..I missed my apps, the BB10 update gave me Play store acces and half of them purred the others did,t work or could not fit the portrait only screen TMALSS, My Priv has a large beautiful 2way screen and a real keyboard

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So you ultimately got all you wanted in one phone? The Priv, IMO, has a bright future if BB treat it correctly, in 3months time when they've ironed out the bugs and hopefully have Marshmallow on it, it will be quite the beast, regardless of the new upcoming Galaxy S7, I think the Priv is aimed at more of a niche market vs. the S7.
    12-16-15 10:20 PM
    Or actually made the Android runtime in BB10 run Android apps with BB10 UX and followed later with Cascades.
    lift likes this.
    12-17-15 01:17 AM
    Or actually made the Android runtime in BB10 run Android apps with BB10 UX and followed later with Cascades.
    Just making the android runtime run BB10 does not mean android apps will be compatible. Since this is an android fork. The difference in the UX alone will cause problem, not counting input and gestures. And developers will not bother since it is another environment to support. Just like what happened with Amazon's fire os.
    12-17-15 06:54 AM
    Just making the android runtime run BB10 does not mean android apps will be compatible. Since this is an android fork. The difference in the UX alone will cause problem, not counting input and gestures. And developers will not bother since it is another environment to support. Just like what happened with Amazon's fire os.
    I think having the runtime is a major plus for those who like to tinker. It really isn't much different than everyone claiming how Android can do everything you need (After installing a handful of apps and tweaks to fine tune it) Side load Snap or comparable, install cobalts patched Google services and done. If the device became popular enough the apps would come. In the mean time with patched services I have not found an app that doesn't work.... although there are not too many Android apps that I use or keep for more than a few mins as a demonstration.
    12-17-15 08:18 AM
    I think having the runtime is a major plus for those who like to tinker. It really isn't much different than everyone claiming how Android can do everything you need (After installing a handful of apps and tweaks to fine tune it) Side load Snap or comparable, install cobalts patched Google services and done. If the device became popular enough the apps would come. In the mean time with patched services I have not found an app that doesn't work.... although there are not too many Android apps that I use or keep for more than a few mins as a demonstration.
    I think having the runtime is great for people who like making mud pies.
    12-17-15 08:23 AM
    I started reading this thread out loud to my wife, and now neither of us can stop laughing.

Two things to consider:
    1) the average IQ in the general population is 100
    2) Lots of smart people with high IQs avoid open Internet forums

Draw your own conclusions

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 09:09 AM
    I started reading this thread out loud to my wife, and now neither of us can stop laughing.

Two things to consider:

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry actually has people here on crackberry reading and even responding to posts. These threads and their popularity I'm sure do get noticed. How much impact do they make is unknown.
    12-17-15 09:14 AM

Two things to consider:

Posted via CB10
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" - George Carlin
    lift likes this.
    12-17-15 10:45 AM
    Not true. Where did you get that? I read a lot of forums. I am rated much higher than 100 (Probably much higher that you) and I see many intelligent posts on forums which to me indicates much higher than average intelligence. Are there dummies on forums. Sure. But in my opinion, you and your wife have nothing to laugh about here.
    Mr Bigs likes this.
    12-17-15 10:56 AM
    Not true. Where did you get that? I read a lot of forums. I am rated much higher than 100 (Probably much higher that you) and I see many intelligent posts on forums which to me indicates much higher than average intelligence. Are there dummies on forums. Sure. But in my opinion, you and your wife have nothing to laugh about here.
    Lots of elitist posts on here who think they're more intelligent than everyone else.
    lift and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-17-15 11:19 AM

Two things to consider:

Posted via CB10
    So you and your wife have average IQ of 100, what's your point? According to you, smart people don't come here. Are you just emphasizing your desire to be more stupid or just striving for below average.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-17-15 01:04 PM
    BTW - in response to OP, due to repeatedly stated opinions here, no BlackBerry did not sell it's soul to devil and this is most likely due to lack of marketing and/or devil thinks BlackBerry soul is based on pre BB10 OS and no app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 01:08 PM
    Mods have fixed the thread title and grammar sometime ago. I couldn't ask for more at this point of time. Given that BB10 is still kicking and well alive.
    12-17-15 02:55 PM
    I am suggesting that BBRY did not invest enough in the Android runtime environment; that getting an Android port to look and feel like a BB10 app was not made sufficiently easy and should have been BBRY's focus. Gestures trigger messages the same as do other UI manipulations and Android supports gestures as well. So, I am not sure where the difficulty lies beyond primarily needing to modify the program resources to look like BB10 and BBRY should have provided a tool for this. That BRRY's suggested method of porting Android apps to BB10 broke the BB10 UI guidelines was likely a big disincentive to the Netflixes of the world, because their apps would appear to users as poor quality no matter the actual quality of their code. The Built for Blackberry program was also a mistake because it forced developers to abandon their investment in code to comply.

BBRY could have used Cascades when forking the Android environment, without pushing Cascades as the way to develop for BB10 initially (i.e. internal use only, eating own dog food, etc.). This is one route to have Android integrate into the BB10 UX. I am not suggesting that BBRY's work would be either easy or simple, but they should have made it so for developers. In the beginning that is where resources should have been spent. Remember when the iPhone was released, it had no cut-and-paste and no Developer Kits. Apple was pushing developers to use Web technologies for app development. Just because Qt is used for development on QNX doesn't mean it is the proper choice for a newly introduced platform especially when BBRY developers were already using Java, though with different APIs. To incentivize developers to support their platform BBRY should have used the common tools of the day, Java and Web technologies, so that existing developer investment could be leveraged as did Apple with Web technologies.

If there is any renewed interest derived from the introduction of the Priv in BBRY's other mobile platform it would be an even greater shame if the UX problem was not remedied.
    12-17-15 04:22 PM
505 ... 1617181920 ...