It is a phone - there are far more important things in life to be worked up about.
    the1 likes this.
    12-15-15 08:20 PM
    A tool, perhaps, but still lifeless and certainly not worth defending.
    But worth posting about many times a day?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 08:37 PM
    Typing on a computer is getting worked up?
    12-15-15 08:37 PM
    So your phone is dressing up in tights and patrolling the city at night, Is that what you are telling us?
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    12-15-15 08:41 PM
    Really? As in private investigators, FBI, Interpol and so on? In what country?
    What you are looking for? Name of persons or what? When I said it's recent policy to adopt modified BB10 variant, you don't understand plain English? And I said watch 2-3 year and you Has BlackBerry sold its soul to the devil?-censored.gif want the names now?

Posted via Passport

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Edited by SF
    This time is free, wont be in the future :
    Personal Attacks or Insults to Members
    Constructive discussions, debates, and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-16-15 at 05:39 AM.
    12-16-15 12:57 AM
    Just thought I'd weigh in here. I'm not up with current affairs in the Blackberry camp but as an outsider looking in these past few years - here's what my views are:

1) People were bashing Blackberry without reason. They could have made a flawless product and there would have been fault in it and the downward spiral would have continued. We're passing through a time where people are rejecting established institutions and demanding change .. Its happening all over the world - and if you're one such long standing institution - you have to give the people a sense of change in order to survive.

2) Keeping #1 in mind - the one thing that everyone constantly chanted was that Blackberry failed with their Z10 because they didn't put Android on it. If you recall, they said the same thing about Nokia too. People can be zealots. Objectively speaking, it is smart business to diversify your product line when your sole product line is suffering. Institutions can be very entrenched in their way of thinking - so the fact that they are breaking free and mixing things up in an attempt to give the market what they want - I believe - is a good thing. That's the definition of innovation.

3) Up until this week - I was a purebred Google user. All of my phones had been Google Android phones, but I was watching the new BB OS from afar with great interest. I worked with QNX in University and when I heard their new OS was based on QNX, it caught my attention right quick. The more I learned about it, the more intrigued I was. So when I finally needed to replace my Nexus 4 this month, I didn't buy the Priv .. I bought the classic. Now that I'm trying a Blackberry - I have to say that I'm becoming a fan of it.

4) From a business perspective - users are demanding Apple and Android phones. I see this as the sole reason for the decline of BES in the enterprise. While BES now addresses the whole BYOD sphere, I think the PRIV will work at softening that hard divide between what the company wants and what the employees want.

So in summary - if the PRIV's only accomplishment is that it sells phones - what it will achieve is to change outsider's perception of the brand. I think that change in perception will be enough to draw in new BB OS users who have seen a bit of what blackberry has to offer, and want to try more. That may be enough to return the company to healthy growth.

Again, these are just my thoughts...
    the1 and DonHB like this.
    12-16-15 12:59 AM
    What you are looking for? Name of persons or what? When I said it's recent policy to adopt modified BB10 variant, you don't understand plain English? And I said watch 2-3 year and you want the names now?

Posted via Passport
    So you actually have no real proof, instead you want to insult
    Who asked for the name of persons??? I am asking in what country is this policy being made, and in which law enforcement agencies? These are easy questions buddy. If you actually haven't got a clue, then rather quit making baseless claims.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-16-15 at 05:40 AM. Reason: quote cleanup
    12-16-15 01:02 AM
    So you actually have no real proof, instead you want to insult
    Who asked for the name of persons??? I am asking in what country is this policy being made, and in which law enforcement agencies? These are easy questions buddy. If you actually haven't got a clue, then rather quit making baseless claims.
    Dig out! It's not you and Google. What I told you that true but you need proof on third day. What you do for living?

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 01:18 AM
    Dig out! It's not you and Google. What I told you that true but you need proof on third day. What you do for living?

Posted via Passport
    Yes, proof, as I provided proof that Samsungs were being used by law enforcement in the UK and certified for government use there to.

Its fine, if you don't have any solid proof just admit it, and we will end it there. What I will take from this is that you make baseless claims.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-15 01:21 AM
    That was a rather disgusting rant and I was hesitant to reply.
    I think you totally miss the point here. I am not asking why devs don�t develop for another platform, I am asking why Blackberry doesn�t make it easier for devs to develop for them. Advertise that android apps DO work on Blackberry. Provide a compiler that will work with packages written for google play services that can give options to work on other platforms as well that don�t have the dependencies. You are right I don�t like Google, they are creating a monopoly and restricting development of the industry in a linear direction. Competition spurs growth and they are purposely locking down the market now that they have gained the majority of the developers by creating dependencies on services only allowed on OHA compliant products. I don�t care that others chose Google, I love showing people how equally capable other devices are and in some cases superior. People are unaware we still have other options because of the total market saturation of Google.
    I personally will never be a sheep, If I have options I will always choose the one not forced on me. I see an ecosystem designed in such a way to blacken out the sky to impede anything else to grow my first reflex is to chop it down. The only way I can in this case is to choose not to support it in any way.
    BB could do create something like you say but the app devs have to want to do it and I listen to lots of Apple, Google, and BB podcasts. I have 2 1/2 hrs of driving a day to and from work and the last few years this topic has come up around developement in apps in general. This is the verdict.

1. Apps are either free with ads, can't be priced over a few dollars, or have to charge in app upgrades. Customer expect to never have to by the app again. This causes the devs (smaller guys to not be able to justify do much more than iOS and Android apps. Hell they don't even make Android optimiazed tablet apps since they don't believe it will pay them back and if you wanted a chance to make money there are a lot more Android tablets than BB10 phones.
    2. They say if they decidied to go Amazon or Windows Phone using there porting apps then it takes the control out of their hand. What they mean by this is when you code natively for iOS and Android you know what every piece of code does and what api calls will do. You have the ability to get bug reports and track them down and fix it. Making an app for Android or iOS and then relying on a tool from Microsoft or BB to convert your code into something that OS can use means bugs that pop up are know way harder to track down. Was the bug from the part I programmed or because Microsoft or BB code that converted my app badly. Maybe bugs in MS or BB compiler have bugs that now make my app crash in certain situation.
    3. Other than crashing they said it make them the dev look bad. It's one thing if you really made bad code but if you don't have control because it converted then it's out of your control and yes you maybe still be able to fix it but it becomes how much time can I take on that before it's not worth it. There are only a small amount of people I making this for. If I the dev end up spending a lot of time on it then I can't add new features to my app on iOS or Android or both. That has hundreds of millions of possible customers. Now when I do upgrade those apps I upgrade the one for MS or BB and their compiler could break that and again I don't know who's code has caused the problem. So now I have a code base for iOS, for Android, and one for either BB or MS which is more complicated to trouble shoot since I don't have a clear native code for that platform and if I did have to natively code it I wouldn't because I'd have to learn that language and their apis and at the end of the day I may feel all that work isn't worth the small amount of the market. Again every update I make has to be coded for all 3 apps and that time is taking away from time I could be jumping for a new app or going to the next feature I want to add or that customers are demanding I add. Don't forget that I as a dev have lots and lots of other apps I'm competing with. I can't not improve my app or people will not choose my app and go with another.

Apps are now the glue that determines if an OS can survive. Android and iOS have all the apps and devs can't afford to jump to another OS no matter how great it is. Android has 80 % of the world market yet it can't EVEN get the devs to make tablet apps and there is probably over 100 million Android tablets out there. It would be easier for these devs to add a tablet layout than to port their app to BB and they still don't see the value. I'm sorry your felt my rant was disgusting. I'm trying to help show you why this isn't possible.

Think of it like this. You Have 100 coins. To make a good iOS app it takes 25 coins. To make a good ipad app it takes another 15 coins. To make a good Android app it take 25 coins and again 15 more for a tablet optimized app. So if I take care of iOS first which almost all devs do, your spending 40 coins out 100. Next I go Android and spend 25 more coins which takes me to 65 coins. I now have 35 coins left. Now I can either spend coins on making and optimized tablet app for android for another 15 coins which has 100s of millions of people or I can spend coins porting my app to MS or BB. Now also I have to spend coins on fixing bugs and adding features. Again I only have 35 coins left. Just fixing bugs on ios, ipad, and android not tablet is going to cost some coins. Lets say that cost 10 to fix bugs and another 25 to add features to iOS,iPad, and Android phones. I've now spent my last 35 coins just keeping my app working well and adding features every so often just to keep my app on as one someone wants to buy. I really don't have any more coins. If I make a lot of money maybe I get another 25 coins. Do I use 15 of that to optimize my Android app for tablets or do I think 25 coins will be enough to port my app to BB or MS and do bug fixes and add features to that as well. It hard unless your Facebook, Google, MS, or any other Billion dollar company. This is why no other OS can come in no matter how good it is unless all the apps just magically work on that new OS without anything needing being done.
    kbz1960 and DonHB like this.
    12-16-15 01:25 AM
    Yes, proof, as I provided proof that Samsungs were being used by law enforcement in the UK and certified for government use there to.

Its fine, if you don't have any solid proof just admit it, and we will end it there. What I will take from this is that you make baseless claims.
    you are talking past and I am telling future!!

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 01:41 AM
    you are talking past and I am telling future!!

Posted via Passport
    Surely the future has names of these law enforcement agencies and governments.

Although, with iOS and Android being adopted more in all these environments it doesn't leave BB10 much room.
    12-16-15 01:45 AM

My admission is same as I told you! Problem is you need proof and I can't provide you now. So better end it here. This is my claim leave it here and move on

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 01:46 AM
    My admission is same as I told you! Problem is you need proof and I can't provide you now. So better end it here. This is my claim leave it here and move on

Posted via Passport
    Thank you for finally admitting you can't provide any proof, this tells me you simply spoke without doing any hard research, making your claims baseless.

We will indeed leave it here.

Cheers.
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-16-15 01:49 AM
    Thank you for finally admitting you can't provide any proof, this tells me you simply spoke without doing any hard research, making your claims baseless.

We will indeed leave it here.

Cheers.
    I can't show my rank here to show you proof! This is not something winning or loosing. I still stand on what I said! I am not standing infront of judge and jury so cheers to your damn ego after all it left you happy at least for day. Cheers

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 01:54 AM

2) Keeping #1 in mind - the one thing that everyone constantly chanted was that Blackberry failed with their Z10 because they didn't put Android on it. If you recall, they said the same thing about Nokia too. People can be zealots. Objectively speaking, it is smart business to diversify your product line when your sole product line is suffering. Institutions can be very entrenched in their way of thinking - so the fact that they are breaking free and mixing things up in an attempt to give the market what they want - I believe - is a good thing. That's the definition of innovation.
    In 2013, when the Z10 launched, it could have launched with Android, but I don't think they would have sold that much more (maybe 25% more). The problem is that Android was available for them for years to use and they didn't. If they had jumped on the Android train early (2010 would have been a good year), they wouldn't have spent billions on developing a new OS from scratch and could have possibly been an important Android OEM by now.
    JeepBB and Ronindan like this.
    12-16-15 02:24 AM
    Yes most of presidents use BlackBerry and FYI BlackBerry 10 is now dedicated for law enforcement!

Posted via Passport
    This is clearly present tense not future. The word "now" leaves little wiggle room.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 12-16-15 at 03:54 AM.
    12-16-15 03:34 AM
    In 2013, when the Z10 launched, it could have launched with Android, but I don't think they would have sold that much more (maybe 25% more). The problem is that Android was available for them for years to use and they didn't. If they had jumped on the Android train early (2010 would have been a good year), they wouldn't have spent billions on developing a new OS from scratch and could have possibly been an important Android OEM by now.
    With that being said, you do know that their was a reason for custom roms being so prevalent around that time right (beginning of the super skinned OS age and the year Android got the "lag" reputation)? And do you think RIM would have compromised their stance on security by offering a phone with an unlocked bootloader? Android wouldn't have done a thing for RIM in 2010 but stop the development of BB10 (which, as you said, cost billions when all was said and done). Android in 2010 was Eclair IIRC (actually it was, because that is what was stock on my Droid Incredible and my wife's Galaxy S) and the most popular phones were the ones that could be customized to death.

Plus, we would also how to take into account how many people were using BES then and how that would have greatly altered their business plan in that regards.
    Last edited by the1; 12-16-15 at 03:53 AM.
    12-16-15 03:43 AM
    With that being said, you do know that their was a reason for custom roms being so prevalent around that time right (beginning of the super skinned OS age and the year Android got the "lag" reputation)? And do you think RIM would have compromised their stance on security by offering a phone with an unlocked bootloader? Android wouldn't have done a thing for RIM in 2010 but stop the development of BB10 (which, as you said, cost billions when all was said and done). Android in 2010 was Eclair IIRC (actually it was, because that is what was stock on my Droid Incredible and my wife's Galaxy S) and the most popular phones were the ones that could be customized to death.

Plus, we would also how to take into account how many people were using BES then and how that would have greatly altered their business plan in that regards.
    Yes, Android was crappy back then, but BBOS was starting to be crappy as well. But BBOS was at end of its lifecycle, while Android had a solid base and was just starting. Also, even then, rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM was not something a lot of people did, and Android always had inherent customization capabilities.

I am not saying that adopting Android in 2010 would have made them the Samsung of today, but it couldn't have been worse than today. BB10 cost them a lot of money and, while a technological achievement, it was a commercial and financial disaster.
    12-16-15 04:27 AM
    Z10 was a horrible phone in my opinion. I have z30 now and this is so much better phone. Z10 was just awful especially with its horrible,horrible battery.
    12-16-15 04:53 AM
    The best security is the person holding the phone.
    You asked for Android and got it. Use it wisely and enjoy. Life is too short.
    Did I ask for Android ??? *eek* ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-16-15 05:00 AM
    Btw, the Davil is gone, but it's has taken his place... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    tinochiko likes this.
    12-16-15 05:00 AM
    This is clearly present tense not future. The word "now" leaves little wiggle room.
    It is "Now" for me but "future" for you! Depends on what you are and what is source of information, but one thing for sure you'll see my Now within a year!

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 05:15 AM
    It is "Now" for me but "future" for you! Depends on what you are and what is source of information, but one thing for sure you'll see my Now within a year!

Posted via Passport
    You are hinting that you are a high level cop that let us all in on a secret but can't give us any corroborating details? That's truly outrageously hilarious. Perhaps I misunderstand and you actually have a time machine.
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-16-15 05:28 AM
    You are hinting that you are a high level cop that let us all in on a secret but can't give us any corroborating details? That's truly outrageously hilarious. Perhaps I misunderstand and you actually have a time machine.
    No I am not Cop for sure! Visit me sometime and I'll give you demonstration on my time machine and I am sure you'll be glad by knowing many things.

Posted via Passport
    12-16-15 05:36 AM
505 ... 1516171819 ...