Guys , I have BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung on my speed dial. Samsung in particular , I have done business with on a Corporate level, I have ignored calls from BlackBerry pushing the Priv. I am not happy with Android. I respect ones right to privacy and I dislike their marketing / OS model etc etc. I am sure that there are many fans of Android here, that's fine, however BlackBerry 10 would have been a great success had BlackBerry cared about the consumer side of the market and masses. BlackBerry lost its way from a long time ago, had they kept up with the ever changing face of the market, things would have been different. They waited for too long and everyone moved on. BlackBerry 10 is ahead of its time, it's a statement that I maintain, too little too late is the cry, hence the step into the world of Android. BlackBerry 10 didn't have the apps that many had grown accustomed to and this is the TRUTH. I personally am looking at IOS 8 for my corporate needs and cannot for many reasons accept Android or their OS including Google and Google Services it's Not a feasible system for our needs. BlackBerry it seems has sold its soul to" DAVIL" . I understand it was necessary but it is in reality a step back. Good luck to all of you who think that Android and Apple has something better than BlackBerry 10 as a stand alone OS.

Posted via CB10
    You're looking at iOS8??? Why 8? With iOS its always best to be on the latest version, as there comes a time when apps only support the latest iOS.
    12-14-15 09:55 AM
    What exactly should they have marketed? "An invisible ecosystem? I've held onto BB10 devices, but they've gone from tools and become toys. I've gone from Android LG G2 as toy distraction to a tool I've had to use because I actually needed Google Play Services to access location via customer app. So because everyone uses IOS or Android, I have to. BB10 is like having a fax machine or Motorola startac when everyone was using a BlackBerry in the beginning...

Posted via CB10
    Well said.
    12-14-15 09:58 AM
    The best security is the person holding the phone.
    You asked for Android and got it. Use it wisely and enjoy. Life is too short.
    Exactly!

I mean lets just for a moment look at the hundreds of thousands of people at XDA who Root and remove many security features from their +$650 Androids, every single year, their phones see the dodgiest of ROMs, apps, patches etc... Yet never do they ever get malware, why? Because its nowhere near as bad an issue as many here try so desperately to make it out to be.

My Galaxy S3 had the worst amount of abuse, with me flashing ROMs and custom Kernels, having security features turned off etc... You have to try very hard to make things go wrong.
    12-14-15 10:06 AM
    I am not talking about post compiled APKs. I am talking about an option for Devs to use the exact same project and simply compile with no modifications at all to a universal app store as well as Google.
    They would never bother putting in the effort.

Netflix and Instagram only needed to provide BlackBerry with their EXISTING apps AS IS, and they didn't bother.
    12-14-15 10:52 AM
    They would never bother putting in the effort.

Netflix and Instagram only needed to provide BlackBerry with their EXISTING apps AS IS, and they didn't bother.
    That was always odd.. I definitely think it seems rather fishy that they would give up even a small amount of ad revenue for really no reason. I suspect background deals have caused them to shun Google and Apple's competition. If I were a Dev or a service provider such as Netflix I would make every effort to assure the most profit possible at all times. Restricting the app without any additional cost required to provide it for Amazon at least seems foolish or suspicious. I wonder if Blackberry offered to pay any development costs to provide a native app.... I bet a lot more goes on in the background than the public would ever know.
    12-14-15 11:13 AM
    [INFO]Before my Mods get in trouble, *I* changed the title. Fixed the type plus turned it into a question for debate rather than a statement, thought it read better that way. [/INFO]
    Thanks dear. I did tried twice but it didn't fix or I was not allowed to

Posted via Passport
    pkcable likes this.
    12-14-15 12:07 PM
    Anyone see the movie Idocracy? The success of Android shows that this is our future.
    lift likes this.
    12-14-15 01:09 PM
    I have used 9900, Lenovo, Q10, Passport and again Q10! Before Priv I was having Passport for my communication and Emails and Q10 Gold for voice calls. Then BlackBerry has launched Priv and I was so inspired by Priv hardware and I bought Priv powered by Android!

OS comparison

BB10 is so powerful and secure Os as compare to Android. I never have complaint off apps! My necessary apps were there and five email accounts worked smoothly for 16 month.

Priv with Android

Priv hardware is very well built and again BlackBerry think out of box and made slider...perfect in every angle. Screen, battery and built quality even PKB very smooth.

Such a shame Priv launched with Android, so buggy and Un professional, so afraid to downloads any app (which usually need all permissions). Difficult to access many thing and your productivity is gone! Yeah Android is good for gaming things.

BlackBerry has sold loyalists to Android same like Hotmail sold us to Facebook and many other companies. NOW WHEN BLACKBERRY HAS SOLD HIS SOUL TO DEVIL IT WILL FLOURISH AGAIN AND BB10 SHALL BE DEDICATED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GOVERNMENT (SAID BY CHEN). WAR AGAINST BLACKBERRY IS OVER NOW! DEVIL IS SUCCESSFUL AS USUAL!

Posted by Priv
    Time to burst your bubble - you're not even 1% of the smartphone market. You're not on anyone's app development radar. The world has moved on. If you're afraid of permissions from apps, that's the least you have to worry about.
    12-14-15 01:18 PM
    Time to burst your bubble - you're not even 1% of the smartphone market. You're not on anyone's app development radar. The world has moved on. If you're afraid of permissions from apps, that's the least you have to worry about.
    So many clowns in this world! Intelligence is already less than 1% now a days! How Ironic BB10 is not good for people but good for law enforcement and agencies

Posted via Passport
    12-14-15 01:28 PM
    I never saw a Blackberry in the stores or saw any commercial but now with Priv it is suddenly in the store and commercials I have seen. So people not getting a BB10 is highly artificial and I had to order my Passport from some internet store from Asia.
    You should have tried finding a BB in stores before Chen. Even more impossible to find. I have seen ads for the Passport, a device and amount of advertising not possible with Chen's predecessors.

As for your troubles buying a Passport, I'm sorry you couldn't find Blackberry.com, Amazon.com (where I got my Passport), Bestbuy.com, or Newegg.com. All but Blackberry.com have quite a selection of Blackberry devices, going back to OS6 and OS7.

Chen is the Stephen Elop of Blackberry. His goal was to kill BB10 and he succeeded and there will not be any new BB10 phone even if there have been rumors. This is what happens when a company goes public, you get vulnerable against investors with other interest than the company. Blackberry shares were bought up so that they get enough leverage among the BOD to recommend a new CEO, when the rest of the BOD don't suspect anything.
    Enjoy your new Android Blackberry which can track you in real time.
    You missed the two gentlemen prior to John Chen. There have even been a few news clips about Canada trying to determine if they ought to be prosecuted or sued for running RIM into the ground. What John Chen inherited was a disaster, both as a company and as a brand. I suspect the Passport, John Chen's first BB10 device, had minimal advertising because the money wasn't there till sales of the Passport took off. Which also allowed greater advertising of John Chen's second Blackberry, which happens to run Android.

As for your understanding of business and investment, I'll leave that to the imagination.
    12-14-15 01:31 PM
    So many clowns in this world! Intelligence is already less than 1% now a days! How Ironic BB10 is not good for people but good for law enforcement and agencies

Posted via Passport
    Yeah, the only rocket scientists are on Crackberry. The rest of the world is below you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-14-15 02:23 PM
    As are iOS and Android.

Your arguments are becoming delightfully murkier by the post.
    12-14-15 02:33 PM
    As are iOS and Android.

Your arguments are becoming delightfully murkier by the post.
    Stuck in 2007.
    12-14-15 03:00 PM
    If I were a Dev or a service provider such as Netflix I would make every effort to assure the most profit possible at all times. Restricting the app without any additional cost required to provide it for Amazon at least seems foolish or suspicious. I wonder if Blackberry offered to pay any development costs to provide a native app.... I bet a lot more goes on in the background than the public would ever know.
    There is a point of diminishing returns. ios and Android gives you 98% of the market. Assigning resources to modify, test and support your Android version to work on BB10 makes that return just too low. Would the ad revenue coming from the fraction of BB10 users using the Netflix app even pay for the developer, his equipment and the real estate he occupies?
    12-14-15 03:01 PM
    There is a point of diminishing returns. ios and Android gives you 98% of the market. Assigning resources to modify, test and support your Android version to work on BB10 makes that return just too low. Would the ad revenue coming from the fraction of BB10 users using the Netflix app even pay for the developer, his equipment and the real estate he occupies?
    It could be as simple as try it and see if it works.. works "ok available to limited BB10 devices through amazon app market.". We know it works yet its flagged as unavailable on Blackberry only AFTER the amazon app store was baked in to bb10.
    12-14-15 03:14 PM
    It could be as simple as try it and see if it works.. works "ok available to limited BB10 devices through amazon app market.". We know it works yet its flagged as unavailable on Blackberry only AFTER the amazon app store was baked in to bb10.
    It's never that simple.

Anything that ever goes for public consumption needs to go through at least qa, internal training, and legal channels before publishing or deploying and that takes time and thus costs money. Publishing an ap to see if it works is a business risk. Unfortunately the bigger you are the bigger the risk so that's why aside from tiny shops or the lone developer we will have to settle for side loading apps on bb10.

Wish that wasn't the care but that's the perspective I see.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 03:23 PM
    I still do not understand why BB cannot make BB10 available on the Priv for those that want it. They don't even need to sell it as a separate device. Simply have an option inside Link that would push down the BB10 OS if you want it and there you go. Most of the heavy lifting for such an option is already done. BB10 would likely need only the hardware drivers and maybe some slight tweaks and that should be it. This would make (almost) everyone happy.
    BB_PP likes this.
    12-14-15 03:56 PM
    I am not talking about post compiled APKs. I am talking about an option for Devs to use the exact same project and simply compile with no modifications at all to a universal app store as well as Google.
    It would be interesting to know, back when the Z10 was introduced, how many apps relied on GMS. This is important because this relates to the many bad decisions that RIM made in developing BB10. The state of the app development choices were far ahead of what Apple found when the iPhone was first introduced. Remember that iOS had no developer kits, no cut and paste, and Apple was pushing Web technologies for app development. RIM had the option of embracing (and extending) the AOSP. I am not suggesting that RIM should have done what BBRY is now doing with Android, but they were in a position to push a non-Google encumbered run-time, as you are now suggesting.

I would not be surprised that the reason Netflix and others didn't support BB10 was because BBRY's Android runtime environment didn't support Flow (and still doesn't). I think if BBRY had used the AOSP as Apple had used Web technologies for app development and offered Cascades as a follow-on the way Apple introduced developer kits as a follow-on history may have been different.

Do to the peculiar advantages of a VM we may have seen a single SKU delivering both Android/QNX and BB10 (with no hypervisor required); the argument regarding forked Android not withstanding.
    12-14-15 04:37 PM
    I still do not understand why BB cannot make BB10 available on the Priv for those that want it. They don't even need to sell it as a separate device. Simply have an option inside Link that would push down the BB10 OS if you want it and there you go. Most of the heavy lifting for such an option is already done. BB10 would likely need only the hardware drivers and maybe some slight tweaks and that should be it. This would make (almost) everyone happy.
    I have wondered the same thing, and would love that option as well.

I have also wondered how an outfit like Silent Circle with their "Blackphone" device can survive where Blackberry suggests they cannot. Surely they are not outselling Blackberry, as their advertising and marketing seems just as poor. I highly doubt that Silent Circle has the corporate and government sales that Blackberry has. It occurs to me that those sales should be more than enough justification to continue BB10 development, if only to continue to provide a "complete solution" for potential customers of that ilk.

Smartphones have transcended the divide that once existed between business and consumer specific devices. One device can now do it all, so there no longer needs to be a distinction or a separate Division for such things with concern to hardware. Blackberry doesn't need to have a consumer focused device. Simply market all devices to the "prosumer"... devices designed for work or play, comfortable in the business and home environments, with the primary focuses on productivity, privacy, and security and they will be good to go. There is another paradigm shift occurring thanks to Edward Snowden. Blackberry's BB10 is the product everyone is waiting for but knows nothing about. They just need to ride out the storm a bit longer, and in the meantime begin a marketing campaign that plays toward the fears that Orwell so aptly prophesied in his novel "1984."
    12-14-15 07:29 PM
    Anyone see the movie Idocracy? The success of Android shows that this is our future.
    Android has electrolytes!

Posted via CB10
    bimmin likes this.
    12-14-15 07:37 PM
    Yeah, the only rocket scientists are on Crackberry. The rest of the world is below you.
    Before reading this comment I thought you are also rocket scientists but now I have to put you in other category...lol

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 12:35 AM
    Here is the deal! Android way or highway. Android for consumers and BB10 for law enforcement and governments

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 12:39 AM
    Stuck in 2007.
    Yeah in 2007 people use to work much and play less!

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 12:41 AM

Posted via Passport
    Well, people that actually did work to begin with. *shrugs*

lol
    12-15-15 12:51 AM

Posted via Passport
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...martphone-data

Has BlackBerry sold its soul to the devil?-img_20151215_103125.png

Has BlackBerry sold its soul to the devil?-img_20151215_103112.png

Not 2007 but interesting...

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 04:32 AM
505 ... 1213141516 ...