Where does it say he said that? Unless this is within the past couple days; yes, I think it is a lie/fabrication. If there were an upcoming BB10 Priv, no way would Crackberry forums be so quiet about it. It would be every other thread at least.
    CB never knew many things until announced! JC like keeping secrets

Posted via Passport
    12-13-15 04:06 AM

...Androids and iPhones do Productivity and Multimedia better.
    You forgot to say that this was your opinion, since that's so important in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 08:50 AM
    You forgot to say that this was your opinion, since that's so important in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    I mentioned that its mine + hundreds of millions of others in some previous post.
    12-13-15 08:52 AM
    I mentioned that its mine + hundreds of millions of others in some previous post.
    You only need to mention that it's yours . Popularity has never been a very good indicator of quality...plenty of superior products have been ignored by the masses.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 09:01 AM
    You only need to mention that it's yours . Popularity has never been a very good indicator of quality...plenty of superior products have been ignored by the masses.

Posted via CB10
    That's an opinion too, correct?
    I'm getting very confused.
    12-13-15 09:06 AM
    That's an opinion too, correct?
    I'm getting very confused.
    Lol, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 09:09 AM
    Lol, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    Oh dear...
    12-13-15 09:10 AM
    Lol, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    I counter, there is documented proof that hardware better products which weren't mass adopted in place of poorer products...

Unless you broaden 'better' to include marketing i.e. better meeting the needs of customers (which can be done with a physically inferior product if for instance it's more easily accessible)

But I guess at the end it's still an opinion, just an informed one

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    12-13-15 09:30 AM
    I think what we all need to realize is that choice is good. That's why it's a shame BB10 failed. Not because "it's the greatest OS ever", but because it was an alternative choice that advanced mobile computing. When Apple or Google or Microsoft or Blackberry design something new or innovative, it pushes everyone else to do the same. Mocking another OS actually does the opposite and slows progress down.

And that's my opinion! End of rant.
    gebco, tinochiko, MikeX74 and 2 others like this.
    12-13-15 10:01 AM
    Blackberry is not a person and therefore does not under any mainstream mythology have a "soul" to sell.
    According to our Supreme Court, corporations are people too.
    BB_PP likes this.
    12-13-15 11:09 AM
    As a matter of fact the only thing I really missed when moving to Android from bb10 was the hub. But after two or three hours of searching and some trial and error I did manage to find a very good launcher, a very good file manager (in my opinion better than the one on bb10) and set up some personalised gestures. For me it has become just as productive as bb10, just different.
    LOL.

Now that you've invested hours into customizing and finding the right apps, why don't you share your findings... ?

;-P

*** Z10 posted while waiting for Zlider ***
    12-13-15 02:52 PM
    According to our Supreme Court, corporations are people too.
    Then throw some of them in jail... if you can... ;-P

Watch the movie / docu "The Corporation"...

StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-13-15 02:55 PM
    I think what we all need to realize is that choice is good. That's why it's a shame BB10 failed. Not because "it's the greatest OS ever", but because it was an alternative choice that advanced mobile computing. When Apple or Google or Microsoft or Blackberry design something new or innovative, it pushes everyone else to do the same. Mocking another OS actually does the opposite and slows progress down.

And that's my opinion! End of rant.
    Choice is good, if you know how to choose the right thing... ;-D

 Z-Lider hasn't come, it's not a Z and it don't score 10! ;-D 
    12-13-15 03:02 PM
    LOL.

Now that you've invested hours into customizing and finding the right apps, why don't you share your findings... ?

;-P

While I'm also curious about what he settled on, I'm not going to laugh at what he chose to do.

The way things are handled on Android is to allow the user to completely change the user interface around with apps from the Play store.......if they want to. Every android manufacturer provides an interface that is more or less usable, but will not work for everyone. The beauty of Android is that you're not stuck with something you don't care for.

If you want an interface that's chosen for you, then BB10 and iOS are the best options for you. They both do a great job integrating basic functionality into a very smooth experience. The annoying thing is that if it doesn't work for you then you're out of luck.

This reminds me of the Linux vs Windows/OSX experience on the desktop. Both Windows and OSX do a pretty nice job at making a usable desktop interface, but neither of them really suited my tastes and I was not able to enjoy using either of those two OS's. Linux offered me a choice of whatever window manager I wanted, and I was able to tweak it to be perfect for me. For some people (not everyone) choice is good.

BB10 and iOS are analogous to Windows and OSX - you're stuck with the interface, but it works pretty well for most people. Android from different vendors is like Ubuntu Linux - you're provided with a usable interface, but you have the option to completely change it around if you want to.
    12-13-15 03:05 PM
    Choice is good, if you know how to choose the right thing... ;-D

 Z-Lider hasn't come, it's not a Z and it don't score 10! ;-D 
    I give people more credit than some others here do. I learned that in church.
    12-13-15 03:06 PM
    Guys , I have BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung on my speed dial. Samsung in particular , I have done business with on a Corporate level, I have ignored calls from BlackBerry pushing the Priv. I am not happy with Android. I respect ones right to privacy and I dislike their marketing / OS model etc etc. I am sure that there are many fans of Android here, that's fine, however BlackBerry 10 would have been a great success had BlackBerry cared about the consumer side of the market and masses. BlackBerry lost its way from a long time ago, had they kept up with the ever changing face of the market, things would have been different. They waited for too long and everyone moved on. BlackBerry 10 is ahead of its time, it's a statement that I maintain, too little too late is the cry, hence the step into the world of Android. BlackBerry 10 didn't have the apps that many had grown accustomed to and this is the TRUTH. I personally am looking at IOS 8 for my corporate needs and cannot for many reasons accept Android or their OS including Google and Google Services it's Not a feasible system for our needs. BlackBerry it seems has sold its soul to" DAVIL" . I understand it was necessary but it is in reality a step back. Good luck to all of you who think that Android and Apple has something better than BlackBerry 10 as a stand alone OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 03:34 PM
    I give people more credit than some others here do. I learned that in church.
    If their teaching was right and they were teaching the right thing, there is only one way, one truth and one life[giver]... so as I said, choose the right thing. (There's only one choice, in this seemingly multiple choice)

With phones it might be different... Still, this is CrackBerry and I choose BB10. :-D

 Z-Lider hasn't come, it ain't no Z and it don't score 10! ;-D 
    12-13-15 03:51 PM
    Guys , I have BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung on my speed dial. Samsung in particular , I have done business with on a Corporate level, I have ignored calls from BlackBerry pushing the Priv. I am not happy with Android. I respect ones right to privacy and I dislike their marketing / OS model etc etc. I am sure that there are many fans of Android here, that's fine, however BlackBerry 10 would have been a great success had BlackBerry cared about the consumer side of the market and masses. BlackBerry lost its way from a long time ago, had they kept up with the ever changing face of the market, things would have been different. They waited for too long and everyone moved on. BlackBerry 10 is ahead of its time, it's a statement that I maintain, too little too late is the cry, hence the step into the world of Android. BlackBerry 10 didn't have the apps that many had grown accustomed to and this is the TRUTH. I personally am looking at IOS 8 for my corporate needs and cannot for many reasons accept Android or their OS including Google and Google Services it's Not a feasible system for our needs. BlackBerry it seems has sold its soul to" DAVIL" . I understand it was necessary but it is in reality a step back. Good luck to all of you who think that Android and Apple has something better than BlackBerry 10 as a stand alone OS.

Posted via CB10
    What exactly should they have marketed? "An invisible ecosystem? I've held onto BB10 devices, but they've gone from tools and become toys. I've gone from Android LG G2 as toy distraction to a tool I've had to use because I actually needed Google Play Services to access location via customer app. So because everyone uses IOS or Android, I have to. BB10 is like having a fax machine or Motorola startac when everyone was using a BlackBerry in the beginning...

Posted via CB10
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-13-15 03:52 PM
    If their teaching was right and they were teaching the right thing, there is only one way, one truth and one life[giver]... so as I said, choose the right thing. (There's only one choice, in this seemingly multiple choice)

With phones it might be different... Still, this is CrackBerry and I choose BB10. :-D

 Z-Lider hasn't come, it ain't no Z and it don't score 10! ;-D 
    There is one truth....reality.
    12-13-15 04:02 PM
    While I'm also curious about what he settled on, I'm not going to laugh at what he chose to do.

The way things are handled on Android is to allow the user to completely change the user interface around with apps from the Play store.......if they want to. Every android manufacturer provides an interface that is more or less usable, but will not work for everyone. The beauty of Android is that you're not stuck with something you don't care for.

That LOL wasn't malevolent in any way. It's was just about the discrepancy of spending hours on customizations, but not a minute to share his findings...

We'd like to see and experience it, if that claim is true and to what extent we can have a powerful, fluid and productive environment.

Sharing is caring... ain't it?

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-13-15 04:07 PM
    There is one truth....reality.
    Which changes with the observer, as we only have our senses to access it... so as you like to say, not verbatim, choice and each to their own.

:-)

(*edit: the eternal truth does not change, however)

12-13-15 04:11 PM
    Back on topic.

BlackBerry's compromise in order to get access to apps and survive financially is a good move to save the company, but what about their "traditional" users concerns...?

We need trustworthy options on the Priv and subsequent models to control the flow of information, and the ability to turn on or OFF any of the Google services we do not want to partake of or participate in. Thank you Google, thank you BlackBerry.

So, it doesn't seem that BlackBerry has joined the OHA, but they have a separate agreement with Google, which can be negotiated. :-)

BB_PP likes this.
    12-13-15 04:17 PM
    Which changes with the observer, as we only have our senses to access it... so as you like to say, not verbatim, choice and each to their own.

:-)

Fully agree my friend!
    12-13-15 04:17 PM
    Back on topic.

BlackBerry's compromise in order to get access to apps and survive financially is a good move to save the company, but what about their "traditional" users concerns...?

We need trustworthy options on the Priv and subsequent models to control the flow of information, and the ability to turn on or OFF any of the Google services we do not want to partake of or participate in. Thank you Google, thank you BlackBerry.

So, it doesn't seem that BlackBerry has joined the OHA, but they have a separate agreement with Google, which can be negotiated. :-)

Blackberry, in order to try to survive in the hardware business, has to give and take. Not the same as having full control. I understand the die hard who feel they are being ignored. Perhaps they should have found a way to remain niche. I don't claim to be a an expert though.
    12-13-15 04:21 PM
    Blackberry, in order to try to survive in the hardware business, has to give and take. Not the same as having full control. I understand the die hard who feel they are being ignored. Perhaps they should have found a way to remain niche. I don't claim to be a an expert though.
    They can give and take, but not OUR datas... ;-P

They are supposed to keep them secure and priv-vate...

12-13-15 04:40 PM
505 ... 1011121314 ...